What will come of Carlos Ruiz?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by aaron90025, Oct 26, 2004.

1. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    As much as this topic is already being discussed I believe that it deserves it's own forum. No matter how crappy the fish has been playing this season he's still the Galaxy's star forward, it's highest payed player and most importantly one of the greatest strikers MLS has ever seen. Although we all sense that an end is coming for Carlos Ruiz, no one truely knows what that is.....

All bias and frustration aside, what is really to come of Carlos "El Pescadito" Ruiz?

your thoughts..

2. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highest paid??? What do you base that on?

3. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    I think he'll be gone. And I don't hold any ill will towards him, nor have I felt the need to get all pissy about his play.

I think its the best move for him. The only thing left to wonder is if he'll wind up in South America or Mexico. I still think Europe might be a longshot.

OR

since LA has a deal with Sao Paulo, maybe we can send him there and get another player in return or get an extension on Saragosa (although I think he'll be staying).

4. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
  5. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Good post, that's the reason I believe Ruiz isn't playing his best, he, since the start of the season has been asking for a better salary, nearly Bo's salary.
    And the fact that last season before the playoffs, Hartman got his contract, I think he is disappointed.

But I like that idea, send Ruiz to Sao Paulo for a season, and they give Saragosa to LA for the same time. Who knows, this could be a great thing in the making.

6. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    ....my bad. for some reason I thought Ruiz and Bo were at one time the top paid on the G's. Regardless, it will be sad to see him go. I do invision him going to a big name club in either brasil,argentina or mexico and I bet it will be one of these clubs....

If Argentina..either Racing, River or Newell's Old Boys

If Brasil.......either Sao Paulo,Cruzeiro or Santos

and my bet....Mexico!

Chivas-Paco Palencia and Ramirez are coming to Chivas USA and what better way to try and attract more of the LA fan Base to them by sending the fish to the real Chivas in Guadalajara.

7. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    You mean that Chivas club that will only hire Mexican players? That one? Ruiz may be a lot of things, but I wasn't aware that he was also a Mexican.

8. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    that was a joke. i honestly think he wil be at Cruz Azul in 2005

9. Evo3racer

Evo3racer New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Long Beach
    :eek: WHEN IS HIS CONTRACT OVER ? MAN I HATE WAT MLS DOES TO STAR PLAYER THEY ONLY SIGN THEM FOR 2 YEARS THEN THEY LEAVE LIKE CARLOS HERMOSILLO, LUIS HERNANDEZ, WELTON, NOW CARLOS RUIZ :confused: WHY THEY EVEN BOTHER DOIN THAT IF THEY ONLY STAY FOR 2 SEASON, I WISH CIENFUEGOS WOULD COME BACK TO THE GALAXY CUZ THEY REALLY NEED HIM AND GREG VANNEY :( I MISS THE ORIGINAL GALAXY ! IT JUST AINT THE SAME NO MORE :mad: ! COBI AND HARTMAN THE REAL VETERANS NOW I HOPE THEY RETIRE AS A GALAXY PLAYER AND THEY SHOULD RETIRE THEY JERSEY AND NUMBER .U GOTTA FEEL ME!!!!!!!!!

10. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may be wrong, but didn't Ruiz sign a new contract at the beginning of the season with MLS? I remember him complaining that because he was owned by two clubs (Municipal and MLS/Galaxy) it made things more difficult for a club in Europe to negotiate with him, so he wanted one or the other to have his rights and not both? And also because the 30 G's he was making were based prior to his performance in the MLS, so a new contract had to be demanded...

I think he does have a new contract, and is making the Hartman type salary...

11. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The story at the time was that once Cobi signed a new contract (for less money) they'd be able to work on Fish's deal. A new contract for Cobi was announced a few weeks before the season started but there was never anything announced for Fish. I'm guessing no agreement was reached and he's still on the same money.

12. MeTaLhEaD696

MeTaLhEaD696 New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    pagenle mas al pescadito! le pagan mas a ese chino q no hace nada ni juega el tal bo! y no lo sacan entonces porq no hacer lo mismo Fish! eres grande

weones culiaos!
    ! noone plays 4 the love of a team! they play for the money! they dont eat air!

Fish!!!! grande!!

El fish! ya lo despacharon tan rapido jajajajaja! ahora es una mier.da hahahhaahaahh chupenla weones! despues de todo

el Fish es Grande

13. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I talked with Saragosa after thae last home game - translated by my wife. He said he is heading home in December to Sao Paulo but will look to see if they extend him an offer to come back next year. He speaks very little English and his wife speaks none.

So I don't think that will be a part of negotiating to keep Ruiz around. I rhink Ruiz will be back next year. He certainly will get a pay hike and be in the level of the top players. Herzog and Bo are gone so they can afford to do it.

At the last match he was speaking to someone after the game in the club. He was holding something from adidas in his hand when he walked back towards the bar. Maybe he's going to get a good supplimental income off an endorsement to entice him to stay. You never know.

14. McArsenal

McArsenal New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    So. Cal.
    The G's need to keep Ruiz, it's that simple. He deserves a bigger contract, so we should give him one. Losing Ruiz would be a mistake.

15. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Totally agree we need some hispanic fan base to keep if the G's want to compete with chivas next year, Chivas is here to divide the city racially unfortunatly, We need ruiz this is LA and out team needs a star player to compete with Chivas. We also need to win the championship this year.

16. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    This is the year that everything might fall apart. We need to have a very productiove off season, and probably keeping Ruiz is on the to-do list.

17. SteveW

SteveW New Member

Apr 11, 2004
    Any idea what kind of salary Ruiz would be making if he went back to South or Central America?

I'm thinking he could easily find himself a team in Europe though obviously it isn't going to be Man Utd or Juventus. There are plenty of other smaller clubs he could go to though.

18. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    But if he doesn't make it to a big name club or even a second tier club there is no point for him to go there.

19. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Definate possibility.. Whatever the reason is, he looks and plays like he is very disinterested.

20. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    only if you do not count $$$$$$ as a point :rolleyes:

21. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    I think it would be more than justified to pay Ruiz $300,000 a year.

22. SteveW

SteveW New Member

Apr 11, 2004
    More money, better standard of football, proving yourself in Europe and earning a potential move to a bigger club, going to a country where football is important and people might know you in the street, expanding your cultural horizons..... need any more??

Even the smaller European clubs would probably be offering a MINIMUM of $150k in salary. Potentially a lot more.

Or he could disappear to the Middle East or Asia and rake in a few million.

The question should be what would be the point of him staying in the MLS?

23. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Well . . . during last year's post season the little fish crossed the pond in attempt to work out a loan deal. The first to bite was Leicester City, but the deal fell apart even before his unstable feet fell out from underneath him in the land of fish n' chips, cup o' tea, bad food, worse weather, and Mary fookin' Poppins. Next up was Wolverhampton, but senor pescadito only lasted a few weeks before coach Dave Jones rejected him, saying he saw nothing in Ruiz that could help his team. Keep in mind that these are Championship league teams, not Premier League (currently at 14 and 19 in standings, respectively).

So even though Carlos successfully made the leap from the small pond of Guatemala to the MLS, he got lost quickly in the even bigger pond of European football. I seriously doubt he'll be going back over there, especially considering the continuing decline of his performance (WCQ play doesn't mean much when you're facing weak competition like Honduras, Canada and Costa Rica - teams that would bottom feed in the MLS). Either Ruiz stays with the Galaxy (most likely) or goes back to Municipal. To answer the question of why he would stay in the MLS? Contract.

24. amatitlaneco

amatitlaneco New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    I hope he can get to another league but if he can't i really hope he goes back to Municipal. MLS don't take care of it's good players ( Urtado, graziani, alvarez, etc) Municipal is a club that have exported players to mexico, argentina, and greece in the last few years. definately a better window for Ruiz.

25. KCSoccerSpot

KCSoccerSpot New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Harrisonville, MO

With his experience there is always the US Diving Team....but I think they make most their money from endorsements.