What will be the strategy against Guatemala?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by deuteronomy, Nov 9, 2008.

1. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mi amigo, qué va a hacer en la primavera, cuando las grandes muchachos están jugando afuera?​
    (My friend, what will you be doing next spring, when the big boys are playing outside.)

[​IMG]

Do you know these guys?

[​IMG]

2. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    SHO MORRO SEROTE!!!

3. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    We don't need no stinkin strategy. We will win in spite of BB and what ever strategy he comes up with. For all you Cooper lovers, BB ain't never gonna play him

It's the next round that will expose us

4. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just win the damn game and guarantee another four years of no travel to Guatemala.

5. TheRustyEunuch

Oct 16, 2007
    Medellín
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Are there going to be many guats at this game or what?

6. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    Do you mean undocumented, guest workers? :D

Ans - Si

7. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

perhaps...my dad said there is a good size of guatemalans in denver him being a guatemalan...HMMMM I LOVE THIS GAME; HAHA THE HOUSE SPLITS INTO 2, my siblings and i will watch the game in the living room cheering for the us while my father and mother watch from their bedroom hoping for some kind of miracle :D

8. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahaha ohhh lordy good one lol

oh u answered before i did :D oops lol

9. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    guest workers do the jobs no american would...

even with a global meltdown, americans still won't do them until they are starving...and then, they look to the government to feed them

10. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Ofthakid, bet you got beat up by one of those undocumented workers and this is the only place you can be all tough bout it.
    Let remind you, didnt u say your parents are Guatemalans so they probably got no papers right. N you here laughing bout undocumented people, yea i know your kind. Wanabe Gringo, with black hair and dark skin pure "INDIO" translation Indian.
    You better know your role kid :cool:

11. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    This is a pile of horsesh*t. Illegal Aliens work for wages for which Americans can't. Americans don't have the opportunity to send their wages back to their puebla where it will go muuuuuch further.

Just one example, the labor force at the chicken processing plants in the South used to be 99.9% poor African-American. Then there was a wave of Latino immigration. They undercut the American workers wages. They were willing to work for wages that you essentially can't live on in the U.S. How? They rent one small house and have people sleeping on every open spot on the floor - in shifts. Drive through the trailer park in Canton, Mississippi. You can't miss it. It's right next to a chicken plant, downtown on a big dirt lot. You'll see immigrant workers stacked in the crappiest piece of crap trailers that could be dragged there. (The crappier, the cheaper). How do I know they're stacked in there? The doors are open, in the middle of August, in Mississippi.

Do you want working Americans to have to live like that? Before the wave of immigrant workers, working at a chicken processing plant was difficult, low paying work. But, you could rent a crappy house in the ghetto for your family if you did it & you wife worked. Now, you can't even do that. You can't have a family. Or, if you do, they'll be living with 2 other families, sleeping in a spot that could be taken by another working adult, willing to give a share of his paltry wage.

You want to verify this? You don't have to check it out in person, like I did. Read Translation Nation. The dude that wrote it is (was?) the LA Times Mexican Bureau chief, very pro-immigration, and posts here sometimes. It's all in his pro-immigration book.

Now you're going to argue "Sure, you want to get rid of illegal immigrant labor, but you don't want to pay more for your produce." That, too, is a horsesh*t arguement. When immigrant worker advocates were striking against Taco Bell, for higher wages for tomato pickers, they're arguement was: You could double the wages for tomato pickers and it would only raise the cost of a taco by one cent. Google it. Read "Starbucked", in the price of a cup of coffee, the cost of the farm labor is something like 1%. The fact is, that unless it's something that's gotten totally screwed up by unions (UAW), labor is a miniscule part of the cost of consumer goods.

12. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    So This Has Turn Into "illegal Immigrants Are Taking American Jobs Thread" Lol

People Stick To The Subject
    Football Football, Futbol, Futbol, Fussball, Fussball

Damn It Stick To The Subject

13. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we can flip the question: What will be Guatemala's strategy against the U.S.?

(Actually, strike that...we'll prob end up at the same off-topic arguments...:rolleyes:)

But seriously, if you're Guat what can you do/have to do to win this match? Their wing play looked good last time. Other than that I don't know what weapons they have.

14. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    you missed the point...

i said amercans would NOT do those jobs....

even in the absence of any other job...

so, you just got fired from you job in detroit in the auto industry...

yu go on unemeplyment ntil it runs out, looking for other work...

during the last depression 1929....lots of americas went to california to do the jobs, now done by others...

so, let's say this turns into the next great depression, and it could well happen...

when you getdesperate, you swallow your pride, because you ae hungry...

when your belly aches, you'll do jobs you never thought you would...

good luck to college grads looking for a job...no body's hiring or if they do, they get rid of some old guy, and pay the kid half

15. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Good point KOKO, well im Guatemalan so this would be my strategy if i was the Guatemalan coach.

1. Try to score first, and try to get more goals
    2. Have control of the ball
    3. Dont get desperate
    4. Keep the ball on the ground
    5. Hope for a miracle that Cuba beats T&T

16. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. EVERYONE wants to do this.
    2. See above.
    3. See above.
    4. Disagree slightly. I thought Guat's wing play was very solid last time and they will most likley be facing a defense and GK that aren't as good. I think they should attack the wings, whip in crosses and/or counter with the long ball and hope Ruiz can draw fouls.
    5. Obviously.

Bob Bradley usually likes to force the other team wide so they aren't running up the middle at the defense. If he gives Guat that same kind of space on the wings I say they take it as it most likely will produce more chances for them. However, it'll be tough for them to come up with a good game plan until they know who is dropped and picked up from the U.S. camp.

17. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Koko and fellow North Americans, i suppose some of you havent heard but Ruiz is no longer part of the Guatemalan Squad. With the new national coach, he has made drastic changes and thats one of them. Another change is that Pando, Chalo Romero, Freddy Garcia, Loco Rodriguez, Jose Manuel Contreras are not included in this game against the USA.
    Yea alot of changes, the new forwards will be 40yr old Pin Plata, and 39yr old Acevedo and a new forward that will probably start with Plata is Campollo from the U-23 squad.

18. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No ruiz? That's a relief...

19. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Yea for some of us Chapines that been asking for a change, it finally came but with that change two old guys came along but i tell you this they're way better than Ruiz. Its a new Guatemalan squad that U.S. is facing so some of the defenders dont know nothing bout this three forwards.
    The only one thats you guys know is Marco Pappa from the Chicago Fire.

20. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a good strategy for any coach.:)
    What is the story on Guatemala's new coach?

21. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    "you missed the point...

i said amercans would NOT do those jobs....

even in the absence of any other job..."

You missed the point. Americans used to do those jobs until (mostly illegal) immigrant labor drove the wages down so far that there was no point in an American doing it. Because an American isn't willing to live 3 families to a house.

Get rid of the tidal wave of immigrant labor and wages will go up; Americans will do those jobs.

22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Finally. Although I thought many of those players did very well against the US in their game earlier this year. Ruiz simply has lost it, which is suprising. He's still only 29 years old. If he can get his act together perhaps he can return to the squad. I haven't been too impressed with Pando either. Loco, Freddy, and Contreras are dangerous players. You'd think the new coach would want them against the USA. They can still make the hex, after all.

23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    What the hell are you talking about? This is a soccer forum.

24. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Direct it at Adam Zeb. He's the one that took it political. I'm not going to let his (wrong) statement go unchallenged. If you've got a beef, take it up w/ AZ.

25. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well the new Guatemalan coach is someone that has failed before when he had the national team in the past, he also failed with the Female national squad as a coach. You ask any Guatemalan they are not going to agree with this new coach. See the Football federation in Guate are all corrupt, is all about who got connections, this coach used to play for the club Municipal of Guatemala and well he brought along 8 players from that club including the two old guys. But who knows they might bring a win back but it'll be hard. He doesnt have no one to control the mid, no Chalo, no Contreras. No loco Rodriguez to play the wing. Is going to be a tough game thats for sure.:confused: