What went wrong?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by RedAndBlack, Jun 28, 2007.

1. RedAndBlack

RedAndBlack New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Maryland
    Watching the USA Arg match I felt good coming off a strong performance against Mexico in the Gold Cup Finale. The first half I thought was a descent showing since the match was tied. I knew that the US would have to strike quickly in the second half to have a chance, but... they didn't. This was a very poor showing for the team tonight. I feel that they played around with the ball to much in the middle of the park and didn't spreed the field at all. They seemed content with the 1-1 score and were just hoping that it would stay that way. The Argentine side, in the second half just played the ball all around the US, knocking it wide and then sending in a beautiful time after time. My second point to whine about is the goalkeeping, Keller (I've never been a fan of) needs to call it quits. I think probably two goals are 75% his fault, especially the last one when Tevez got behind the defense and Keller started to come out but then ran back with his tall between his legs and conceded the goal. A Tim Howard is the man that needs to be between those post for the national team. Thats all I'll have to watch the game again tomorrow to see if I just am real mad and ranting or if what I said is correct.

Thoughts?