What Went Wrong Inaugural Season

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Sol' started by sisterluke, Dec 23, 2009.

1. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if there's a thread that specifically discusses what exactly went wrong toward the end of the Inaugural season but I'm curious now that it's over what people think happened to the team after it won so many times and then started losing.

In a perfect world, the team should have ultimately won the championship. Everything was there, great coach, awesome chemistry between the players, we had Marta, we had a great one touch system that allowed us to flow like a snake across the field.

But... the ultimate question in sports..... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TEAM

And even more relevant question to this forum....

HOW DO WE GET WHAT WE HAD AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON BACK?

Who are the players we need and what do we need to change in order to play good soccer

2. Longtimesub

Longtimesub Member

May 18, 2009
    I think many people already addressed what went wrong with Sol...several months ago. Some thought that scheduling really messed up the team...I do agree...Scheduling will be a problem as long as Sol shares HDC with other teams...

I think other teams, besides Boston, eventually figured out how to deal with Sol...Sol ran out of gas towards the end of the season...However, other teams should get credit also for "making adjustments".

What players are needed? I guess Sol fans have to trust the GM...

3. SolAlive

SolAlive New Member

May 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that Abily playing in Europe instead of the Championship game was the factor. I think the SOL can't win again this year if they schedual the finals during the World Cup Qualifying Rounds.

4. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I completely agree that the fact that Abily was absent made the difference in winning those last handful of games, and the final.

I disagree that we can't win without her this year though. We probably could have won the final without her if not for the "red card" but, hey, I'm not bitter.:D

5. SolAlive

SolAlive New Member

May 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your Right.. Can't win them all..Since the schedual comes out next week hope the WPS takes in consideration the World Cup Qualifying matches.. or at less some players skip those matches

6. SolAlive

SolAlive New Member

May 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    . I think the regular season really has to end by August 22, starting as late as April 10-11 is a mistake (although apparently set in stone).