What type of cellphones do you guys have?

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by uhtoni, Sep 23, 2011.

1. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm just curious. My plan is about to end so..yeah!

I know Android phones are becoming very popular!

Can you give me the Plus and Minus' of the phone you have?

2. Impossible6

Impossible6 Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Australia
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    I have given up on mobiles, I've been through five this year and always manage to have them stolen, broken, or they just die.

But from my experience, iPhones are the best, they are the funnest and most versatile phone you can get imho.

3. custar

custar Member

Sep 30, 2007
    IMHO, your first consideration should be the provider that has a plan that works best for you at the best rate. Most carriers have similar phones, but plans vary and could be a big cost driver for you. After that, you need to decide whether the phone function, text, email, web browsing, etc. are more important to you. Personally, I tracked down a Tmobile G2 because it has the best phone radio I could find, is made for a business climate, and has a physical keyboard that is important to me for the amount of email I work on the phone. Tmobile has unlimited everything for $50.00 per month (after 2G of data your transfer speed will slow down IIRC) which was the best plan for me because I went over the 3000 minutes I used to have (excluding Tmobile to Tmobile) regularly. On the other hand, some people only want minimal minutes but need unlimited text.

Between OS's, Windows is behind the curve IMHO. I never cared for RIM (Blackberry), but my kids like it. Do your research on Android platforms. Several manufacturers put an "overlay" on top of the real Android such as HTC's Sense and whatever Samsung calls theirs. I don't like the overlay, and that is another reason I chose the G2. Also, some people really want to root their phone, and this is easier to do on some phones than others. If you want an iphone, you restrict yourself to ATT or Verizon or have someone jailbreak it for you.

4. InTheUpper90s

InTheUpper90s Member

Sep 4, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  5. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Really? I had my LG Rumor for almost 3 years now. Works fine, but I wouldn't mind being able to send pictures once in a while.

6. GSXify

GSXify Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have the BlackBerry Bold 9650. Really like the physical keyboard. Wouldn't mind getting iphone or Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Codenamed “Nexus Prime.”

7. Vanes

Vanes New Member

Oct 11, 2011
    I want to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy S or maybe something newer. Samsung's devices seems to be not bad, though I have always had plain Nokia feature phones;)

8. Hector146

Hector146 New Member

Feb 27, 2012
  9. rincepqs

rincepqs New Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    Mine is Samsung Galaxy S6. In these days, the cell phone either Android or iPhone, lol

10. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How did we live without them.

The problem with them you don't just use them when you have to. Now it is a way of life. Your concentration is on it and you don't see what is going on around you. Of course it can be stolen.

I don't like crowds so when I go to a feast or any where their is a lot of people. I won't use a cell while I am there.

Stop texting I never text.

Where their is a crowd you have pick pockets. Here is a tip don't keep anything in a back pocket. Put a rubber band around your wallet it is harder for someone to get it out of your front pocket.

Got a cell you can buy a holster for it wear it on your ankle like a gun.

11. Chooxch

Chooxch Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    anyone use MI here?