What to do with a club trainer who uses profanity during practice?

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by Dustinho, Sep 12, 2007.

1. ranova

ranova Member

Aug 30, 2006
    I am surprised that you do not recognize the term "breach of the peace" aka disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace. Its a common law offense typically codified. Its the type of offense that ordinarily only results in an arrest if the disruptive conduct persists or escalates after a warning. And I am also surprised that you did not realize that results are different in different communities because jury pools reflect their communities' standards.

2. aek chicago

aek chicago Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I recognize breach of peace very well, and the facts presented DO NOT rise to the level of an offense. You need a bit more than telling someone "you ********ing suck".

As far as jury pools are concerned, their standards may be different, but the jury instructions CAN NOT deviate from the elements of the charge. And telling someone they "********ing suck" would not even get complaint approval from the law enforcement agency in question, much the less a gulity finding after trial by jury.

p.s. I can't imagine anyone taking a misdemeanore disturbing the peace charge to a jury trial.

3. aek chicago

aek chicago Member

Sep 17, 2004

no, at least not in illinois. you need a breach of peace.

720 ILCS 5/26-1

4. Hammrofthegods67

Hammrofthegods67 New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    i dont think its really a big deal, but if you think its serious just talk to him about it.

5. coachv

coachv New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    I really don't know why we are talking about the "law" or the "bible" anymore.
    The LAW and BIBLE we should be applying in this issue is the one that governs the game and the sport. The FIFA rules are very clear.
    "using offensive, insulting, or abusive language or gestures" is a RED card or sending off offense.
    It would only make SENSE that this same conduct be shown by the coaches that are "teaching" our youth players not only to be better players but better people as well.
    Come over to my house and watch a match on the tube with me and you'll hear a bunch of words that you will never repeat in church. Listen to me on a field with 12 year olds and you will never hear one.
    It is not my decision. It is a guideline that all "teachers" should follow when it comes to kids.
    Video tape this guy cursing and telling young kids they suck.
    Then send it to the parent org that controls the league.
    Send a note with it that just says, "why"

6. MustBeBlind

MustBeBlind New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    If the parents are really upset about it but think they're locked into a contract, they're wrong.

The kids don't have to show up. The parents may not get their money back, but if they really think their kids are being harmed, the money's not the issue.

Schedule a formal meeting with whoever is in charge of the whole thing, then email the other parents and invite them to show up if they care. Explain your feelings, and be honest in saying you refuse to subject your child to that any longer.

If $$ motivate you more than you child's welfare, you have bigger problems than a cussing little league coach.

Really. Think about what you're saying. "He's cussing my child. Unless someone gives me money, I'm going to let him keep cussing my child." That's just wrong.