what the hell is wrong with HSV hamburg?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by afgrijselijkheid, Oct 16, 2003.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    last night was ridiculous - this club looks nothing like the one from last year, despite having largely the same roster - no spirit and all hesitation

any opinions from HSV fans or bundesliga experts?

2. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    The HSV has no structure.
    Their team is way to old, they don´t have any team leaders and those who where supposed to be(Barbarez, Cardoso, Beinlich), only play good if the whole team is working, what means they are the complete opposite of being team leaders.

Kurt Jara makes a horable job this year.
    The team has no spirit, and there are no fighters in there team, except Hollerbach, who was injured for long and is mostly in trouble cause of his brutal way of playing( I hate him since he hit Rosicky in the face last season and made even fun of his victim after the game, he´s an arshole).

The way Hamburg is playing right now is their real face and I don´t think they will be abled to achieve more than place 9 or 10.

They must restructure their team or it will again last many years till they take part in a european cup competition.

3. Tegtmeier

Tegtmeier New Member

Dec 22, 2002
    SoccerFreak : The HSV team isn't too old, but this rotten imbecile Jara always fields the wrong players. Jara prefers old players :mad: . He is a complete arseh*le, if a young player commits a mistake, he takes him off immediately but oldies like Hoogma are allowed to produce *#*#*#*#*# in almost every match... The style of football we play under Jara's reign is the most boring i've ever seen - and i support Hamburg for 21 years now.
    Our left wing is always deserted, though we have a german NT player in our squad who would be the ideal player for this position : Rahn - but Jara has a personal problem with Rahn so he doesn't let him play ...
    But it's true that we don't have a real teamleader in our squad.
    We must get rid of this damn' Jara, otherwise this season will end in a complete desaster.

4. lasalle5

lasalle5 New Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Steel Valley
    A few observations after today's game (I don't want to give away the result, so please don't read the next post if you are going to watch it later).

5. lasalle5

lasalle5 New Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Steel Valley
    FCK/HSV [R]

Ugly, ugly, ugly today. Granted, Wiese should have probably been red carded early, totally changing the complexion of the game, but he wasn't, and at the time it was 0-0, and HSV could have earned a result. This team isn't very good. First, a general observation. HSV, particularly in attack, have no speed. Romeo, Mahdivikia, Barbarez--these guys won't win many footraces. Defensively, they aren't that fast either. I agree with what soccerfreak said about the team not being built the right way. A lot of these guys are supporting players, and none of them are stepping up to lead the team. That's not so much a knock against the players as it is the way the team is put together. They need a Micoud whom you can count on to control the game.

With respect to the individual players, Romeo is dangerous, but he is a poacher, and no one seems to be capable of creating the opportunities for him. Barbarez is good on his day, but is too inconsistent. Mahdivikia is a class player, but he is always hurt. Takahara is still learning the ropes; he might be productive one day, but today is not that day. There is no creative force in MF. Cardoso's use-by date has expired, and Jarolim wasn't all that good with FCN and hasn't showed me much with HSV. I'm willing to give him some time, but I'm not optimistic. Wicky is an OK defensive MF, Hollerbach brings attitude and smarts, but not much else, Benjamin is up and down, Kling is too inexeperienced, I thought Maltritz has been OK this season, but he's not the kind of guy you build around. I'd like to see Rahn play more; I didn't know, per tegtmeier, that Jara and he don't see eye to eye. Hoogma has been terrible, and Ujfalusi seems overwhelmed by the burdens placed on him by the failures of his teammates. If all is going well, this is a pretty good team; but too many things have to bounce their way for that to happen. HSV will hit a hot streak at some point, but I don't see Europe as a possibility this season.

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i find benjamin to be strictly shambolic

i was wondering why rahn doesn't get a game so often... jara is an idiot then, rahn is one of their best players

and i agree that they need a new midfield presence or two with speed

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    oh and welcome to BS lasalle5

8. lasalle5

lasalle5 New Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Steel Valley
    Thanks, bluedaddy. Wish I could have posted under better circumstances.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    well.... HSV blows the bunny again - schalke scores at the death to get the draw in AOL... they are kinda pissing me off - i wouldn't profess to be a hamburg "fan" but i do like to see them fare well - i was quite angry that they took a header out of the uefa cup because i wanted to see some of the liverpools or barcelonas here