What the Hell Happened to the Casbah yesterday

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by QuakeDaddy74, Jul 13, 2008.

1. QuakeDaddy74

QuakeDaddy74 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My God!!! It was more like a funeral. Half of us in sec 109 were sitting. The other half of us who were standing seemed offbeat. It was hella quiet. Let's pick it up at the next Home Game.

2. morgan1906ultras

morgan1906ultras New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    come join us for the chivas road trip.

here is the link:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=718221

3. Melman6

Melman6 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Fremont
    What the Hell is the point of this post??? :confused:

4. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Do you guys have your own forum? If not, I can see the point of this post. 19U06 had some of the same problems on Saturday, though not all fortunately.

5. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The same thing that happened to us. It was hot, a lot of people weren't at the game and the start time set everyone off. I could totally hear the Casbah from our side and they sounded pretty good to me. I think it was more of an ad lib kind of day. I know we had a blast just making it up as we went.

6. dspserpico

dspserpico Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ahhh. Push it.
    Push it good,

Ahhh. Push it.
    Push it REAL good!

7. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Haha. Duh duh duh duh duh duh duhduhduhduhduh.

8. tmack

tmack Member

Dec 7, 2007
    santa cruz
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as long as it's no "let's get effin hyphy" again;)

9. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You were Daygamed.

10. QuakeDaddy74

QuakeDaddy74 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank God we only have a few more day games. I just hope we can pick it up. Over in 109 we had all kinds of people from the Soccer Camp at Santa Clara and they just didn't want to be there.

11. Fueco

Fueco Member

Feb 7, 2008
    San Jose
    Sorry! I couldn't be at the game on Saturday... I'll make up for it next game! :cool:

12. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Isn't it obvious? The Rapids were playing.

13. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Quakes were playing. That's all that should matter.

14. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was hoping one of the supporter groups would take Spurs' version of 'The Saints Marching In' and just insert "Quakes" as necessary. Cheers for your rendition of "The Quakes Marching In", well done. I could tell the day game did not give you guys enough time to hydrate properly at a local watering hole. ;)

15. JuanCasa

JuanCasa Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Oakland
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got season tickets for the first time (for any sports team) in row 16 of 109. I have my wife with me and another couple as well. Due to issues that no one cares about - this was only the second game for us at Buck Shaw (we made the oakland games).....anyway, we thought that we would sit further down this time and be part of the Blue Mob instead of our assigned seats....we all had a great time. We were all singing as best we could and ofcourse stood the whole time....I thought those soccer camp kids would've been more vocal...the only time they yelled was during half time whe the announcer said "whoever is the loudest wins a prize" or some sh*t like that....then it was a like a high pitched banchi wail. But for all of us it was by far the most fun game of the season so far, we were right in the mix of good fans, and we got a draw :rolleyes:

16. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Casbah should join us in booing whenever the announcer does that scream for in-and-out burger give away bullsh!t. They won't scream for their team (which they paid money to see) but they will scream themselves hoarse for a f#cking cheeseburger. It really says a lot about our fan base. :rolleyes:

17. QuakeDaddy74

QuakeDaddy74 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boo for Burgers!!! Sounds good to me

18. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already boo just because it makes me feel better. But if we all boo it will just make all the little kids scream louder, plus it will turn off one of our sponsors and In-and-Out is a pretty cool sponsor.

They should restructure this promo like the old Uno Mass promo. If we get 2 or more goals everyone get's a burger. That use to get everyone chanting Uno Mass, rooting for another goal, which was cool. With In-and-Out you'd get everyone chanting Double-Double.

Plus with the way we've scored so far, they'd never have to give away any cheese burgers.

19. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be a great banner. :D

20. San Jose Ultras

San Jose Ultras New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Richmond, CA
    Well, the main thing that happened to us was that we were protesting for what went down in Oakland, at the Galaxy game. That's why some guys didn't show up, and those who did walked in late, and didn't display any flags or tifo. We only brought in the main banner, hung it upside down, and covered it with the "Oakland (does not equal) Home" protest banner.

21. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah - WTF are you gonna do when your section is 3/4 full of little girls who don't know any Casbah material? Keep banging/singing away, but there's only so much the regulars (that were there) can do.
    Lot of late arrivals to the game as well, which seemed to have a bit to do with all the construction and farmer's market traffic weirdness when trying to park before the game.

And if we're going to yell Una Mas for something to eat, how about bring Una Mas on board as a sponsor? Two goals = fat burrito. Better than Warriors 100pts = Taco Bell taco.

22. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I don't think it says anything about the fan base. Those are the casual fans; you guys are the base.

23. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True enough but in San Jose there seems to be about 1000 of the base and 11000 screaming for a cheeseburger. Its annoying.

24. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Hey, remember what it was like at Spartan? If it's not cheeseburgers, it's t-shirts, and if it wasn't t-shirts it would be something else.

25. mikemc66

mikemc66 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    south san francisco
    Sorry To Hear The Atmosphere Was Not Good. I Was Out Of Town So I Could Not Be At The Game. I Wiill Be Back For The New York Game And Right Back into The Insanity With The Rest Of The Casbah! I Agree That There Is Hardly Any Noise Except For The Casbah And The 1906 Ultras. Go Quakes!