what team should i support?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by PKchoppa, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American Kopite

American Kopite New Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shouldn't you pick the team you like the most to support whether they be "the best" or not? They should be your team. Whether that be Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Portsmouth, or anyone. The "best team" is a lot of different things to different people. I personally think Liverpool is the best team. :) You back Man U. It's all personal choice.

2. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really excited about this weekend and the prem. Still looking for a team, and im just gonna watch as much football as I can until I find the right one.

3. American Kopite

American Kopite New Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what you should do. :) Enjoy the matches and good luck finding your team!:D

4. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, I have a few in mind. The one thing I really look for is to see how many players I like on the team off the bat. But the one thing that sucks is that I know they might get transferred soon, and that makes me hesitant.

5. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i think that man utd is the best even though i watch all the arsenal's games because of the mexican player vela.

i dont only like man utd because they are winners but because of the talen they got,their coach,and they have the best fans

6. hershey

hershey New Member

May 2, 2008
    Toronto
    I'm in exactly the same boat. I have a few in mind, and hopefully I'll be able to catch em on TV sooner rather than later.

Strongly considering shelling out the $$ for Setanta...

7. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    That's one way of looking at it, but as you pointed out players come and go. I suggest that you really dive into the history and tradition of your possible team. Learn about them. It doesn't have to be a winning history (Chelsea's certainly isn't :D) but learning about where the club came from and where it's been could help you out in the long run.

8. munsonbulldog

munsonbulldog Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Stay away from Chelsea.Blue Celery stop trying to convert people to the dark side.LOL:D

9. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    LOL. I promise I'm not trying to be some Chelsea Conquistador lol.

All I'm saying is whatever club you're near choosing, learn the history, get stuck in, find other people who support the same club, GET INVOLVED! It's much more fun that way.

Pick Chelsea.

10. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't Chelsea Tsar be more appropriate, Comrade? ;)

11. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if you get FSC and Setanta, you'll have no problem getting an incredible amount of EPL coverage to help you choose.

12. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Best fans my ass. They are all glory hunters who jump on the Ronaldo show. Best fans, haha laughable.:D

13. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have FSC and Gol TV. But I also watch games on myp2p, so I can watch every team.

14. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    :D!!

15. Dreamers

Dreamers New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    are you kidding? Watch and pick your own

16. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    hmmmm nah i've been following man utd since beckham was playing

17. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    And this doesn't make you a bandwagoner?!? LOL

18. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, depending on his age, it may not.

But I think he was joking anyway.

19. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of bandwagon fans, if you think about it there are a lot of people who are die-hard supporters of their clubs who first got interested by jumping on a bandwagon.

Like erick may have started following Manchester United because of Beckham, but since he still follows them long after he has departed, I think he would fall into that category - was a bandwagon jumper, but is no longer one. And if you've followed the same club for 5+ years, I don't think you can be defined as a bandwagon fan.

20. furiaroja

furiaroja New Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Like Ronaldo was in the first years of EPL when Man Utd won 8 titles in 11 seasons

If you like Chelsea your are a bandwagoner since they did start winning since 2004

What team you should support well either you like the underdog or favorite. If you go for the favorite like these people they start calling you a bandwagoner if you go for an underdog you will suffer a lot. But you should support whoever you like watch a lot of teams play, know their history, chants, rivalries, if they have a player you know or from where you are support the team

21. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007

Really? So supporting them before 2004 doesn't count? You mean the silverware they won before that time doesn't count?

You're right. I just started supporting The London Chelsea's yesterday. Gee I love Sawker!!

Also...work on your syntax.

22. furiaroja

furiaroja New Member

Jun 13, 2008
    I bet you "Mr. Grammar" can't name me the first time they won the league without looking for the answer maybe you will because basically I think everyone in Bigsoccer wasn't born during that time. Don't get mad cause I caught you. If you're an old fart that really is a Chelsea fan than "I'm sorry Sir" which I doubt.

23. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Thank you for the apology.

The year was all blue! My Dodgers and my Chels. Ahhhh.

24. furiaroja

furiaroja New Member

Jun 13, 2008
    You forgot Azul you know what that means.

25. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Funny you mention that. Cruz Azul happens to be the Mexican Club I fancy. So no one can really dispute my blood being blue through and through.

There's not much action on these boards for Azul. I think it's me and 4 others lol.

So yes, my Tri-color is made up of one colour. Oh what a wonderful colour it is.