What Team should I support - Part 2 (cont)

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Rick B, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously I ain't mad at you. Just watch the games as a neutral and enjoy the football. Maybe root for teams with Americans in them (if you're lucky enough to be a Yank) or maybe just find attractive match-ups to watch. You could get your plastic on big time by following La Liga(more attractive football) and supporting Barca(best team in the world). Either way don't give up on the Toon just yet.

2. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. My team may be from the awful big 4, but Lord knows that if they got relegated I'd desperately raid myP2P for links.

A second favorite team from not only Europe, but England? You must be joking.

Now all the sudden its only "watch" instead of "support" or "second favorite team"?

Yea, you've had it real rough there. Let's forget about those that actually go to all those matches for NUFC, and will go to them all next year, and focus on the undeniable pain you must be going through...we're all here for you in this difficult time as you search for another less obvious bandwagon to jump on.:rolleyes:

3. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    This is a fantastic thread. I'm sure davidulch is sitting back with some fiddle faddle grinning about how much attention it's recieved. Not to mention the bashing.

A+ for david.

4. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    A lot of stupid things garner a lot of attention.

5. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Yes

6. USAUnited33

USAUnited33 Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, im sorry to everyone that read my post. I didnt mean to word it that way. Sorry to all my fellow NUFC supporters. I didnt mean to down grade our club, that was not my intention. I will always support NUFC.

7. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    The "I love davidulch" group on Facebook will be up in a bit.

8. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D I'm so joining.

9. Blue Day

Blue Day Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Mile End
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    quote of the century!!! :d

10. Amunti

Amunti New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    I actually WILL be loaning out my allegiance to a Premier League team for a season.

Since I don't follow the English league very closely, I'm thinking of setting up a site where I follow an English club for a season, watch every game and get to know them.

My criteria for a team include a decent history, a good chance of finishing in the top 6 of the league and not one of the Top 4 ...

Any ideas? Thanks.

11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    everton? villa?

12. Amunti

Amunti New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Ya? You think? Which one would you pick?
    Are they exciting, plucky little teams?
    Remember, I know nothing about the EPL besides the big 4.

13. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why don't you find some replays of some of last year's best matches and do some research over the summer to help you pick a team?

14. Amunti

Amunti New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    I honestly wouldn't even know where to start. That's why I'm asking for suggestions.

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i hate the villa due to following birmingham city somewhat but they have a decent history and play attacking football, ex valencia man john carew plays for them too

everton have a good solid squad and moyes has done wonders for them

both good teams

fulham could be a nice team to follow too

16. Amunti

Amunti New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Hmm, Fulham. I did live in W. Kensington when in London. Not far eh? The local team was Chelsea so that's a no-no.
    I thought of Villa with Carew and all.
    How about West Ham or Tottenham?

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    eff tottenham but west ham are playing attractive football under zola and have a new investor

if i was u, id pick west ham or fulham

both nice clubs on the rise with good managers, especially fulham

18. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm getting pretty sick of hearing this.

'I want to jump a bandwagon, but I don't want it to be obvious.' Different words, yet the same old 'criteria' for everyone.

watch games, look up history, pick based on who has the best looking stadium/kit/etc. stop getting on here and acting like any of us that legitimately chose a team from the "big 4" are lesser fans than you because you made it a point to choose a team from outside of it. I know my reasons were innocent enough when I chose Arsenal and I can honestly say I had never heard of this 'big 4' until after I chose them.

How about this: skip the Premiership and follow ADO Den Haag and their quest to barely stay up in the Eredivisie. That's my "second" team, if I ever had to list one from Europe, and I would be appreciative of anyone that makes an english blog for me to follow them on. Then again, I only like them because I liked their logo, name, jerseys and they were the first team listed on FIFA07.

19. Amunti

Amunti New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    No band wagon. Just want to follow the EPL for a season by sticking with one team.
    I never said anything about you personally. For ME ... I'd rather not pick one of the big 4 FOR ME. Let me reiterate that it's a personal choice.
    Actually, you make a valid point about following a team from a lesser league. I may try that next season. For this one, I'd like to follow one from the EPL, as I've never really watched a season ... a game here and there, yes. But I want to get a feel from it, as an outsider.

20. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    west ham or fulham?

21. Amunti

Amunti New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Ya, maybe West Ham or Fulham ... not sure.
    Not sure how much of a following they have here in NYC.
    I'd need to hook up with their supporter's clubs and all ...

22. RichardHKirkando

RichardHKirkando New Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a very nice straw-man argument you've made. I was actually very much against signing Dempsey at the time...thought it was a waste of money when we already had Claus Jensen and Michael Brown playing well, and Bullard supposedly on his way back. McBride played a role in my following Fulham, since I've been a big fan of his since he played for my local club in the second division over here.

If you want to talk about history, let's try to put things into perspective. Your club only exists because we refused to play our games at the Dog Track. Remember when Michael Keaton's Batman threw Jack Nicholson into the chemical vat, thus creating Joker? I'm sure you'll see what I'm getting at.

But anyway, I wasn't even talking about Fulham's history in the post you quoted, so I don't see how that is relevant.

Yay for replying to old posts!

23. JohnTerry

JohnTerry New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Does Chelsea still have the biggest bankroll?

24. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You would think that someone that actually plays for them would know this...

25. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Bahahahaha. Give JT a break he's never posted here before. :)