What Team should I support - Part 2 (cont)

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Rick B, Feb 27, 2009.

1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    wow blue day is a right cnut

i look forward to his banning

btw u are counting mancienne as a proper talent when hes played about 2 games for u and cartlon cole is not great

2. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Mancienne is a proper talent. Some day hopefully he'll be a regular.

Carlton cole? Er, "Cartlon" as you put it, ain't that good. You're right. Thought I do like "Cartlon." Some sort of shopping cart gathering robot.

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    does a typo really matter?

either way, none of the top 4 have produced any kind of standout talent in the last few years

the prems best players are generally from central europe

4. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Not at all. Rest easy mate, I'm just having fun. Laugh with me.

It just has to do with teams and leagues that have the time and who are forced to bring up their own players. Huge talking point that isn't for this thread but Prem teams need instant results, so giving a 19 year old potential talent a few starts here and there usually just won't work. Unless theres injuries.

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    arsenal are bringing young players through because we dont have the expendible money pit united and chelsea have

liverpool are in massive debt, they better sort their youth out soon or get new owners lol

6. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Well lets be honest. Even if Arse had an endless flow of cash, Wenger would still find a way not to use it. And play B teams in important matches.

Can't comment on their debt. Perhaps a 'pudlian could weigh in on this one. I just know that they want/need that new Stadium.

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i think non arsenal fans dont understand just how jewish fizman has been with arsene imagining these big sums of money when clearly he hasnt got that

8. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jewish is a verb? Or maybe that's an adjective? I'm not sure, I need to study my grammar. Do they teach that at the school you go to, or was that what Bigotry 101 replaced in the curriculum?

9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    hes jewish, i was making a joke

let me guess, im an anti semetic devil holocaust denier cus i said that now?

10. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nope just a bit of a dick

11. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He even used the "I have Jewish friends" defense with me. :rolleyes:

I suppose that since I have Jewish, Catholic, Buddhist, black, Indian, Hispanic, etc. friends too, that I can say whatever I like on the Internet and not expect to be treated like an asshole. Shall I start going on about all the stereotypes? That would make me cool, right? And if my "friends" laugh along with me, surely it's alright, isn't it?

You say I'm being overly PC, but I doubt it.

We're not your mates, alright? We don't know you. If you were out with some of your Jewish friends that you claim to have and someone you didn't know made a remark like that what would happen, what would you do?

12. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    This thread is crazy.

For some reason I want to support Israel now.

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    get the sand out your vagina, just cus i gave u a negative in return

the anti semitism brigade is everywhere, i wonder if the israelie militias shooting palestinians are anti semetic too?

14. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, could you show me where I bitched about neg rep? Oh that's right, I didn't. I didn't even mention that you gave me any rep at all.

I guess you didn't feel like answering the question I gave you either.

Keep going though, you're just proving my point. We'll throw misogyny onto the top of the pile, since you seem to think that eluding that I'm feminine is some sort of insult. Not only that, but now you are actually backing up your anti-Semitism. Didn't your mother ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right?

You're a REAL big man, aren't you?

15. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I get it!

16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

im not anti semetic or backing it up, btw i hate every religion equally thanks very much

i made a joke on an age old stereotype perpetuated in the media and films by suprise, jews themselves in a jovial self deficating manour

17. USAUnited33

USAUnited33 Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone will probably hate me for bringing the topic back up. I am currently am a Newcastle fan but my confidence in waning towards the club and Im having a hard time choosing a team to support. Here are some things that i would like out of my future club.

1. I can watch them on tv (FSC, Setanta, or online for free) every weekend.
    2. My team cannot be one of the big 4.

I know it sounds stupid but I want to be able to go up to the local pub and watch my team every weekend if I can. It's been pretty hard for me since NUFC went down cause I have been a fan since 2005 but now I pretty much just want a team thats in the PL, thats not the big 4 and is on tv alot. Ill always support NUFC but I would like a team in the PL.

18. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have three responses to that.

1) Why don't you pick Sunderlund? They'll be plenty happy to have you. Careful the door doesn't hit you on the way out.

2) So, you want to be a plastic supporter without appearing so by avoiding picking one of the "big four"? That's quite devious. You might as well pick one of the big four otherwise you'll be back in four more years saying you've been a fan since 2009 but need a new team to support that can't be one of the big four because "your team" is being relegated.

3) Any true NUFC supporter has an easy solution to this problem. The Mackems are still in the PL, so you can support whomever is playing them on any given week. You'll get the joy of variety in team support while still being to "watch them on tv (FSC, Setanta, or online for free) every weekend". Although, you're arsed out of not rooting for the big four.

19. USAUnited33

USAUnited33 Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you miss understood me. I'm still a NUFC supporter. But i like to watch football and I will not be able to watch NUFC because they are in the CCC. And I would never go to sunderland or boro, $#%^ them. I will listen to NUFC commentary online every weekend but I want to be able to watch and support a team that I can see every weekend. Think of it as picking my 2nd favorite team.

And do you know if next year will NUFC have free commentary? I have paid for commentary since 2005 and since we are in the CCC this year i was trying to get free commentary.

20. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see how any of that disagrees with choice 3 above.

Also, I can't answer the other questions you have about commentary. We don't even have a manager or, really, an owner right now, so who knows.

21. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D This post made my day.

22. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Here's an idea. Why don't you just watch the Premier League every weekend next year WITHOUT PICKING A NEW TEAM?

What will happen when/if Newcastle get promoted in 2010 and you have to decide between them and your "new" team?

Don't you see how ridiculous your post is? You're basically loaning out your support for a season!

Moreover, you don't want to support a Big 4 team presumably because they're successful and you'd be seen as a plastic fan, yet you're BECOMING a plastic fan by choosing a new PL team because your old one got relegated! No Newcastle fan in their right mind would ever consider doing what you're d--- ::head explodes::

23. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    wow talk about fickle

u arent worthy of 'supporting' a team if u quit when they get relegated

24. USAUnited33

USAUnited33 Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude im not loaning anything out or quiting on Newcastle. And when NUFC gets back in the PL i would stay loyal to them even now im still loyal. Thats a no brainer. I'm not just giving up on Newcastle. They will always be my team. I was asking for peoples opinion on what team i should watch while NUFC is in the CCC. Damn, i didnt think i would get this much heat for asking that question.

25. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    No, you didn't say you're looking for a new team to watch. You said you're looking for a new team to support. You said you're having trouble deciding on a "future club." In short, you're looking for a new team to be loyal to.

Again, what would you do in 2010-2011 if Newcastle get promoted? Immediately stop supporting the "new club" you chose to support?