What team are you using in online football manager

Discussion in 'Online Football Manager' started by RedRo, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Pottertons

Pottertons New Member

May 28, 2003
    Canada_GTA
    I just checked out the info link via the ad banner. The screens make the game very interesting.

What's the average amount of time you'd need to spend on a daily basis, in order to just keep on top of things?

Oh, and is there a facebook app for this game?

2. Hagibest

Hagibest New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Club:
    FC Universitatea Craiova
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Well you could just log on to see how you're doing for about 5-10 mins., or even up to a an hour or so on some days, if you're working hard to get something done on it or something.

@RoyOfTheRovers:
    I just won 1-0 today away vs. Stoke City, only goal from Obertan in the first half (41st minute iirc). I really played some of my younger and inexperienced players, so that's another reason why it was only a slim win, still good though. For example, I did not play Berbatov or Rooney in the match, not even Owen or Mame Diouf, my two strikers were Obertan (who scored the only goal, the winner, in his first match :)) and Rusu, a 17-year old Romanian forward who's quite talented (rated 7 in his first match) but didn't scored in this first match of his.

Anyway, that's it for now. :) (btw, Blackburn finally lost to Bolton and I am now in first place with 35 points!! woo!!!!) lol

3. Hagibest

Hagibest New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Club:
    FC Universitatea Craiova
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    and yeah, a lot of relatively crappy defenders are usually listed on the transfer list :p

but you can find some really useful players at surprisingly low prices, great bargains at times, that's why I check everyday just in case! and I still have loads of money. :)

4. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

5. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [I do the same, in fact I just got a great deal on a defender for my OTM Wolves side. I'm not sure who it was; I'll check & then get back to you on that. As I said before: my real problem this season is a weak cash flow w/the club.]

6. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [Idk if there's a Facebook app for OTM out there or not. As Hagibest posted, once you get the game down it only takes about 5-15 mins. per day in my experience. NTM takes a little longer because there's a timer that runs down when you put your players in to individual training. I hope that you will find this information helpful, Pottertons.]

7. Hagibest

Hagibest New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Club:
    FC Universitatea Craiova
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    {quote}...weak flow of cash...{/quote}
    That's too bad. :-\

I won again! I'm just unbeatable LOL! I beat Tottenham Hotspur (in Old Trafford [home]), goals from the league topscorer Wayne Rooney (who has scored 15 goals for us, 3 goals more than the second place scorer, Eduardo) as well as Mr. Dimitar Berbatov. :)

8. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[That's what it was like when I was managing my OTM Liverpool side last season. Torres ended up as the 2nd or 3rd leading lge. scorer & Gerrard & Kuyt were both in the top 10. I'm just grinding out this season & trying to get near my target in the lge. table.
    Congrats once again on another win, Hagibest. :cool:]

9. orthostice

orthostice New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    FC Nurnberg and Athletic Bilbao.
    I can't help but feel that using teams like Barça, Real Madrid, ManU, etc. is cheating.

10. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [This is true to a certain extent, but it also depends on which OTM lge. that you're playing in. For instance, in the OTM EPL it isn't a dead cert that one of maybe two or three teams will take home the silverware every season.]

11. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [I got that OFM Wolves side to finish 6th in the top flight & I made it to the 4th rd. of the OFM version of the FA Cup. Did you finish your season w/your OFM Man. Utd. side yet?]

12. ugurbaba69

ugurbaba69 New Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    i am using Galatasaray and winning everyone in Turkish Super League :D

13. Qwaszx1234

Qwaszx1234 New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    München
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm currently in 8th place with Mainz but I've been unbeaten in the last 5 games.

RoyOfTheRovers repped this.
  14. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [I didn't think that anyone knew that this board still existed, mate... ;)]

15. Goody

Goody New Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    Yeah its just great isn't it? I enjoy this a lot.

16. Soccer Games

Soccer Games New Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like to go with Aston Villa!

If manager games get boring try match soccer games for realistic play

17. Goody

Goody New Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    New Fantasy EPL game

hey i just found another EPL fantasy manager game, what caught me was “Set your own scoring system, budget and Premier League players valuation”
    http:// fantasy.epl.fanxt.com/commissioner
    haven’t got time to check it out yet, guys pls let me know how it is k?
    hope its not like the rest...

18. Calciotiro

Calciotiro New Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    I'm in my ninth season and im currently 1st as leeds United :)

19. DieKatzeMafia

DieKatzeMafia New Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    WREXHAM FC!!!

20. Cristiano619

Cristiano619 New Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Hey.... Goody... i also play that Fantasy Epl commisioner...hahahahaha..i thought just in my country is famous with this Fantasy Epl commisioner. lets join in my league http://fantasy.epl.fanxt.com and compete with me. your team will sure lost to my team.

RoyOfTheRovers repped this.
  21. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Is OFM still up and running? I don't thinks that my grand-kids still play it these days...

22. drakan223

drakan223 New Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Hannover 96.