what styles of play are ...

Discussion in 'Turkey' started by Aztattooedsean777, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    the 3 big Istanbul based clubs known for?

Fernerbache, Galatasaray, Besiktas

It is hard to see many matches on tv and I even have a hard time streaming matches.

Do any of them prefer to be a very big passing club that likes to attack in ways that Barcelona, Arsenal, Ajax, etc like to play?

Do they prefer to play solid defense with a good counter attack?

I am very curious and any information would be helpful.:)

2. UWIC

UWIC New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    It depends, In Turkey football is a big passion and majority of the football fans support those 3 teams (Besiktas, Fenebahce, Galatasaray) So all they aim to win the league title 2nd place is not consider successful. This is why teams changes their coaches almost after every season, of course this cause changes in futboll styles every coach aims to imply their own view on the club some defansive some more offensive. For the time being tho. Besiktas seems to be stronger offensively where Fenerbahce seems stronger in the middle and Galatasaray after a terrible season trying to recover and they are getting better. This is the story my friend.

3. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    You can follow officialy view of Super League games, via by www.digiturkwebtv.com

its a official broadcaster service.

ps:

Galatasaray has got in their traditions; Attacking style football,& mix with pressing type footy.

plus,
    I do agree UWIC comment by the way.

4. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't really want to read or listen to official broadcasts or what not. I prefer to hear from long time supporters of clubs as if they take off their homer hat off for a few minutes, they can tell you the down and dirty truth.

I was just curious about styles as like when one thinks of the Wenger era Arsenal or Barcelona for example, they know there is a style of play that is taught not only to their top club but even down through their kids in their academies.

I was just curious about if any of the Turkish clubs I mentioned were known for being a possession oriented attack minded club for example or if they were deadly on the counter attack.

It is like how I am curious about what makes up the differences in the supporters of all 3 clubs beyond wikipedia telling me that the working class might prefer Besiktas for example.