What star would you like that Real Madrid sign the next year?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
  2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Am I allowed to insult people who keep polluting this board (and their brains) with this nonsense, seeing as it has already been explained numerous times why Madrid got that amount of money for selling their training grounds, and that they have probably gotten more money already from their shirt sales, champion's league runs, and friendly games than from that business exchange.

Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

No? Dammit! :(

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ask anyone at Chelsea who they'd rather have... becks or maka and they would say Maka straight up, he is a premier defensive midfielder... becks is the best dead ball man in the world but Maka shuts teams down... becks is mediocre in attack (except crossing) and defense... so you were really the ones who were giving away something precious, not us... by the way, we are still making money off beckham shirt sales budd...

Just cuz its his policy not to spend big money on a defender does not make it wise... its actually almost as silly as the posters on this board... if your biggest weakness is defense... get defenders, spend money there, dont give away defensive midfielders... but guess what, your no defense stratagy works in spain, noone there defends anyway, but in the latter stages of CL you will realize the error of your ways... this time around, who will defend Ruud??? who will anchor the midfield against the likes of Scholes, Kleberson and Keane... Roberto Carlos will have his hands full either with C.Ron or with Ole Gunnar, who will stop Giggs??? I hope our clubs meet in CL just to see who got the better end of the beckham deal...

4. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Besides the fact that Pavon, RCarlos, Helguera, and Salgado are all international defenders, and besides the fact that right now, Casillas is arguably the best GK in the world, if I were a Man U fan I wouldn't be so worried about scoring on Real as I would be worried about how O'Shea, Silvestre, the Nevilles, and WBrown will even try to stop Raul, Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo, Beckham, RCarlos, Salgado, and whoever else Quieroz decides to play, (assuming ManU even make it far enough to face Real). Even if Rio somehow makes it around his little situation and is availiable, one sees what happened last year in the two legs, and then remember that the game ManU one at Manchester, 1 of ManU's goals was a lucky own goal off of Helguera and 2 others were scored by Beckham (who is with now with Real :) ) Even if ManU get Saha or Robben or any of the other names they are being linked with, they still won't really challenge Real. Sorry, but I had to let it all out.

5. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston

6. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    I think everyone is hoping that.

7. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    Re: totti best option

You might want to put this on a fantasy thread...

8. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    Don't get me wrong, Totti is my favorite player in the world. The thing is, with the current stars, or "galacticos" at Real, Totti would simply not get the playing time he is worth. He would sit the bench and be subbed in, much like Ole Gunnar Solksjaer at United. Moving Totti to Real at this point of his career is a bad move in my opinion, because he could play at another La Liga team, such as Barca, and get much more playing time and experience than what he would get at Real.

As for Viera, he signed a new contract with Arsenal this summer, and won't be transferring to another club in quite some time.

All in all, Totti should stay at Roma for the time being, at least until Zidane retires. When that happens, Totti will have a much better chance of playing at Real.

9. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Everyone has a different opinion about how much Totti is worth but if you consider the "monstrosity" bid made by Chelsea over the offseason (money ranging between 40 and 50 mil) I imagine Totti's asking price has increased given his recent excellent form. Also it's a ridiculous idea to think that Totti would be benched at Real, Capello even said that Totti's skill is slighty par with Zidanes so I would think it to be outrageous to consider Totti as a mere sub. I mean this is Real we're talking about, theres always room for another galactico :D
    But when all is said the chances of Totti arriving in the Spanish captital are ase close as Henry's.

10. totti4life

totti4life New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    i agree

i agree with SeriaAfan if totti went to real he wouldnt get the plying time hes worth. his talent would be wasted on a team that needs an entirely new mid-field....he needs to stay at Roma where he will shine as a star player.

11. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Casillas the best GK in the world? I think its time to put down the crack pipe..

12. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    you can argue whether Casillas is the best keeper in the world, but to say that it's ludicrous tells me you have not seen Casillas very often. He is a spectacular keeper. He is rock solid.

13. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Real fan or not, neither could convince me that Cassillas is "the best GK in the wold". He's a pretty good keeper, but if it is only opinions that matter here I would also hold someone like Canizares in that regard.

14. totti4life

totti4life New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Cassillas suck major balls.....(my opinion)(not worthy of a red card though)

15. totti4life

totti4life New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    I think you misunderstood what serieAfan89 was trying to say. With Zidane announcing his retirement later on, Real will want to keep him on board as long as possible. No doubt Totti is a great player, but until Zidane leaves then he will start over Totti almost every game.

You are right about the chances of Totti moving to Real, i must say.

BITCHES & HOES *#*#*#*#*#*#!!!!

16. Pmoliu

Pmoliu New Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Princeton, NJ
    Ive deleted Sybil's, err, Totti's post for being rude, crude and lude.

Keep it clean, please.

Ah yeah, what star should Real Madrid sign? Who cares...........

Paul

17. totti2madrid

totti2madrid New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    FL, USA
    either henry or totti would be the best options. henry cause hes a multitalented forward that can play anywhere in the frontline. same with totti, who could play behind raul, if he was moved up a bit. im tired of everyone talking about owen. he would contribute nothing, seeing that he is a multidimensional striker who shoots first and passes much later. same with van nistelrooy. not taking anything away from those two, but we already have the best pure striker in the world, we dont need two.

18. totti2madrid

totti2madrid New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    FL, USA
    my mistake, i meant to say owen is "singledimensional".

19. totti4life

totti4life New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Okay...you are condradicting yourself. you say we already have the best pure striker and we dont need another one, and yet you think Henry would be one of the best options...lets make up our mind, shall we?

20. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Manchester is one of my favourites team, i like its style of play. But It's funny to receive advices of the supporter of a team that systematicly failed year after year to win the most important throphy, the champions league. How many CL has won MU in the last 10 years? Maybe 1?. How many CL has won in its history? Maybe 2?. Real Madrid is the first team in both cases, with 3 and 9.

This is out of topic, but i will answer you about the richest club in the world, you can read this news:

http://www.countrylife.co.uk/worldsoccer/newsmay03/richlist0606.html

http://big5.xinhuanet.com/gate/big5/news.xinhuanet.com/english/2003-06/06/content_907860.htm

http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/031224/1/3gvdf.html

And this are numbers are low in comparation with the numbers of these year with the new contracts in Asia, new TV contracts, the Beckham sign, and the great number of jerseys and other merchandaising sold in the last times.

This year the budget of the club is 238M € (285Million $)

And the club expected a increase of 15-17% for the next year.

But the money doesn't means all, RM has won many CL being one of the most richest clubs but not the richest. It only give the team the tranquillity to can fight to win CL in the next years. And even being the richest club in the world you can fight with billionaires as Abramovic/Chelsea.

About the defenders, yeah, the team could have better defenders, and i hope that the team sign defenders this month or in June. But the question is? must the team pay 50-60M €, for a defender as for example Nesta?. I don't know. Real Madrid weakest part is and always will be the defense, it is its philosophy of play with a great success, Nesta would have a lot more problems in his play in Madrid than he has in Milan, to be defender in RM isn't a easy work. It's sure that the team would be better in defense with him, but i don't know if as better as the big money that you would have to pay for him.

About Totti, he is a great player like VNR, Henry or even Owen. He has the advantage over the rest that he has said many times in the last years that he is Madridista since he was a child. I'm sure that if RM would make a good offer of him he will play in RM the next year. But I'm not sure that the team have a real interest in him. With him, the team could play with a 4-3-1-2.

---------------------Casillas
    Salgado ---Helguera--Raul Bravo---Roberto Carlos
    Figo--------------Beckham-----------Zidane
    ------------------------Totti
    ---------------Ronaldo------Raul

With Henry team could be a 4-3-3:
    ---------------------Casillas
    Salgado ---Helguera--Raul Bravo---Roberto Carlos
    Figo--------------Beckham-----------Zidane
    Henry--------------Raul----------Ronaldo
    or
    Raul-------------Ronaldo--------Henry

Raul played in that position many times his first year in the first team.

Anyway, all the combinations are too much offensives, with a lot of risks.

21. totti2madrid

totti2madrid New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    FL, USA

ok lets understand the difference between henry and van nistelrooy and owen. henry is a forward that can play anywhere on the front line and values assists as much as scoring. the other two are central strikers that just shoot, dont pass. henry would fit in at madrid, i think it would be tough for the other two.

22. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    For those saying there is no room for Totti.....u should watch Real more often

Zidane and Figo can no longer start every game....they need to be rested.

Next yr might be the last yr either can be played regularly.

U need to give them games off so when they do play they play well and not have medicore games.

Totti has said he would only go to Real...so this is a win win for Real. Plus it would give them an Italian player to market. Heaven forbid the Italian team does well without a Real player...what a nightmare for the marketing department...lol

This would also solve the issue on what to do with the immenent retirements of Zidane and Figo.

The other player for Real to track is Henry...he would fit in much better than RVN or Owen.

I also want Morientes back....Portillo needs to be loaned out and Quieroz has to start subbing off Raul and Ronaldo more often.

On defence.....what is there to say...Pavon and Bravo should be both ejectd from the lineup...and then from Madrid....and NO we don't need Nesta...we need anything else but pavon or bravo.

Helguera should be moved back into defence bc he doesn't do much in the midfield.

On another note....I think Real shoud track Rosicky. Dortmund has money problems and Rosicky is a Madridista. I think he can be had for cheap. Robben is likely going to ManU and VDV could end up in Barca.

Its time to get some depth for Madrid....hacks like Pavon, Bravo, Nunez.....etc don't cut it.

Real needs players they know they can stick in for the Galacticos for the odd game to rest them.
    ie....Solari.

Just based on the money they will get from their tours next summer...more than 36 million euros..they can make some of these moves.

Unfortunately Perez is a cheap skate.

U have to realize that buying Totti, Henry, Alex, Rosicky are all good investments bc of their age.

We are not talking about an aged Zidane, Figo or a fat Ronaldo. Beckham is still at a decent age.

A stellar performance by Henry or Totti in the euro cup would help.....that way Real could grab more headlines after the euro cup when they buy either one....

23. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    PS...Chelsea can offer what they want...but if Totti say no. Nothing Chelsea can do.

If Roma wants to cash in for Totti they could be forced to sell him to Real.

The way Totti is playing this season...it could be the best time to sell him.

24. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Davids loaned to Barca with option to sign at the end of the season. he is the type of player that Madrid ought to be looking for, a defensive mid who can also go forward and help in the attack - would've allowed Helguera to move back to central defender. would've been a good fit, but that's that then.

25. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    hopefully he stays fit, it would be a disgrace to get hurt on his very first match on wednesday vs Levante!