What star would you like that Real Madrid sign the next year?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbalzac

gbalzac New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Metzelder...he's not a "galactico" but I think he will be one of the top defenders in the world in the next two years or so if he is not considered one already.

2. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    Real should sign Totti and Buffon

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That is a good idea, the defence is so bad at times i wonder if defenders A) are required to practice B) have played the game of football before C) if the club has ever heard of defense before....

Real should stop buying galacticos and just buy some decent defenders... Kompany is a player i would buy now, he would not cost much and is young so will have lots of time to learn the system, oh yeah, Metzelder is decent too... Perhaps an enforcer in the midfield is good too... Scott Parker, the kid will be great.

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anderlecht just turned down £10m for Kompany, if you ask me thats a lot of money. he wouldnt come cheap, but ya it is real, so...

5. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What on earth are you talking about?

This defense has helped Real Madrid to the top of the Liga table, qualified for the next round of the Champions league, Supercopa champions, contenders for the Copa del Rey... why do they NEED to do anything right now? This is the first year of Pavon and Bravo in the middle together. They've made mistakes, but they should only get better. I trust the front office to make the right call.

Do you really believe what you post? I ask this because it takes a special kind of audacity to contradict the success of the current Real Madrid executives' philosophy on player purchases.

6. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why?

They'd both just sit the bench and create unnecessary controversy by their constant whining about it to the press.

Nesta is the only Italian player I'd want on the team, but the fool's not interested.

7. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'd just like to take a minute here and point out that we won the European Cup with a defense consisting of Aitor Karanka and Ivan Campo. That is all.

8. Zizou10

Zizou10 New Member

Dec 31, 2003
    I am thinking realistically. Edgar Davids. He is a proven player who can help Real on defense, but can also affectively help develope our attack.

Zizou10

9. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    I agree. Edgar Davids would be a great improvement to the Real squad.

10. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    Sinko

Hey Sinko, stop being so arrogant and respect people's opinions.

This isn't the Real Madrid Executive Board here, just pure opinion and speculation.

11. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    Sinko

Do you watch Italian soccer? For your information Totti and Buffon don't seat in the bench. Both of them are starters on their respective teams. Buffon for Juventus and Totti for Roma. Plus Totti was the Captain of the Italian National Team last World Cup. Don't you remember that big controversy when the Ecuadorean referre kicked Totti out of the game? Totti is one of the world best soccer players without a doubt.

Plus Buffon is considered one of the best goalies of the world. What are you talking about saying he seats in the bench?

Well men, its only your opinion against mine.

12. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexicano

I don't give a flying eff about Italian soccer. Honestly.

Neither of these two players would play much if at all for Real Madrid. Therefore, to buy either of them would be a waste of money. And if they were somehow bought, to bring an Italian primadonna to sit the bench is a recipe for disaster. The amount of negative storyline that would run in Corriere della Sera would be an endless headache.

The idea is foolish. Bottom line and end of story.

13. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Sinko

Since you are new here, I'll post a link for you to click on that might serve as an introduction to reality of life here. It should be self-explanatory.

Welcome to Bigsoccer.

14. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    wasnt the great paolo maldini the captain of italy?

15. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

And who would Totti replace? He plays either up front or behind the strikers, which means he'd be competing for a spot with the team's captain and two multiple World Player of the Year winners. Sinko's right.

And as far as Buffon goes, we're perfectly happy with our goalkeeper as is. Casillas will be between the posts for many years to come.

Now, I've never been a fan of Edgar Davids, but I actually agree with those who are saying that he'd be a good addition to Real Madrid. Although, personally, I'd prefer Vieira.

16. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina

I can see where you are coming from, but we need to think realistically here... Real already have a world class midfield, and Casillas is a great keeper as well. Totti and Buffon would ruin their careers if they moved to Real, because they would not get to play any compared to what they do in the Serie A.

There is no question that they are great players... I dont think sinko or c-towner was trying to say that they weren't.

I dont see Totti or Buffon moving out of Italy any time soon, but if they do move, i think they would do well at Barca.

17. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    Right

You guys are right. I thought that Totti and Buffon would be a good adittion do Real becasue they are both world class players. And serieAfan89 is right, they would be better off in Barca.

Sinko, you should give a flying eff about Italian soccer. Is one of the best soccer leagues in the world. Plus, they have great competition and great soccer players. If you don't like it, you don't know what you're missing.

18. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Right

You shouldn't assume that I don't know what I'm missing. Italian calcio does nothing for me. It never has. Tell me how great it is until you're blue in the face, I still won't care a wink about it.

Your evangelism might have more success over on the Persian or Ukrainian soccer boards, but not here.

As I've said before, Nesta is the only Italian player that Real Madrid could use. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't want to be a part of Real Madrid. His loss.

19. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    First of all, I'm gonna have to back up Sinko. As talented as they are, Buffon would not start over Casillas, and Totti would not start over Zidane or Raul. Period.

On an altogether different note, Butrageno (one of Real's all time greats) is reported on SoccerAge as telling a Brazillian newspaper that Kaka is the player Real should go after. This has both ups and downs, in my opinion. Kaka is quickly becoming a top class player, and I haven't seen many players who can shoot on goal well from as many places on the pitch as Kaka. He could maybe take over for Zidane when he retires (although I am interested in how Jurado will be looking then). But the problem is that he is having such a great season for Milan that I can't see them letting him go, either now or in 4-5 years.

SoccerAge article:
    http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s4034.html

20. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    Re: Re: Right

Not necessarily his loss...he is an older player and probably doesnt want to get involved in one of the biggest clubs in the world...he already retired from international play... i think that's a signal that he wants a bit of a break...it would be stupid to get caught up in a big transfer like that.

Just my opinion

21. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Right

What the hell are you on about? Totti captain of Italy???, Nesta retired from the national team??? How old are you?

As far as Totti and Buffon at Real, they would both start if sold, which isn't gonna happen. Buffon is the best keeper in the world, how could he be resigned to the bench? And Totti at the moment is the best AM in the world and would replace Zidane who is retiring soon. But this is all pointless as both won't be sold.

And Kaka isn't going nowhere. Milan are not some rinky dink club who sell thier best players. They don't need any money therefore Kaka will never be sold to Real as long as he is playing well for the rossoneri.

And it surprises me the arrogance that some of the Real posters have about your defense. If you think you are going to win anything with your backline and lack of depth than you are clueless. One injury to Helguera and your season is shot. Bravo, Pavon, Ruben, and the rest of your poor defenders all suck. When it comes to the CL knockout stage the teams that usually advance are the ones who make the fewest mistakes. Your defenders make too many mistakes for you to win anything significant this year.

22. MadridForLife

MadridForLife New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Worcester, MA
    Right now Madrid is in 1st place in La Liga and are qualified for the knockout stages of the Champion's League. Why do we need to buy a defender?

As the saying goes...

"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

23. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    ALL RIGHT ALL RIGHT, LETS JUST DROP IT WITH THE TOTTI-BUFFON THING.

What do you think Real was missinig when they played Murcia?

24. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Right

No way. Especially not Totti, who would eventually take Zidane's place. They would play Zidane until he retired and then and only then would they play Totti.

They wouldn't even consider buying Buffon unless Casillas died or something like that.

P.S.-my bad about the Nesta thing...i got a little carried away and forgot who i was talking about... But i never said Totti was captain of Italy.

25. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Gotta love your posts Matt!

its a shame he wants to help Barça :) hopefully with him in the middle we could take Osasuna's place in the table :(

well said!