What star would you like that Real Madrid sign the next year?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Florentino Perez has signed a star (Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo and Beckham) by year since he is president. This year, it's a election year, and it is very possible that he sign a new star. If you could choose one star player, what player would you sign?

My choice would be Ballack. It's one of my favourite players, he could play with Zidane in the middle and Beckham play in the right. i think that it is almost impossible that he comes to Madrid, but .....

2. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Ballack won't leave Bayern in a hurry. Both at club and national level, he is starting to replace Kahn as the leader of the teams, the person people turn to for inspiration, the player people listen to. But I agree, I feel he is one of the best players in the world and I'd definitely rate him higher than a Davids or even Viera.

But in case it does not happen, I'd like to see a good central defender come in, maybe Lucio from Bayer Leverkusen. Chivu would have been the best but that can't happen now.

3. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Clint Mathis.

Signed,
    the MLS board members

4. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that Ballack has also stated that he feels it is important to be playing in Germany during the run up to the next World Cup.

With the issues between Davids and Juventus he would seem a possibility. He certainly has the celebrity. He would fit as a defensive ball winning mid.

A quality defender would seem like the highest need for Real Madrid but I don't know if there are any glamourous enough for Perez.

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Me... too. I would like to see Ballack in RM, but he states that he would like to play with other German NT members.

Perez should go for a defender..... Nesta is my choice and then Davids.

6. mega montana

mega montana New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Estados Unidos
    i would love to see davids here, he's my favorite player (although roberto carlos is a very close second!)

if madrid can bring in someone to help with defense, they will be unstoppable

7. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Give me Nedved!

8. Severn

Severn New Member

Oct 19, 2003
    England.
    I think Real should opt for a defender for next season, and a central defender at that. It's boring, I know, but I think it's needed.

Nesta is a star, but Gallas, or even Ferdinand would be handy.

9. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I think Florentino will stand by his word that he won't shell out megabucks for a defender.

I don't agree with his stance, but I bet it will stand.

10. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Rivaldo wants out of Milan...

but perhaps what Real needs more than another big star who needs to get the ball is a good defender. I agree with the rest of you.... although I can´t think of a glamorous defender that is not Roberto Carlos.

11. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    how about Chicago´s Carlos Bocanegra? he probably couldn´t play with the first team right away, but he is currently the best defender in america... if not the best soccer player, and he´s very young. either that or Freddy Adu!

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Davids played in the CL this week(I think, but not 100% sure). He is not ineigible to play for another club this season. He should not be a priorty target when the transfer window reopens in December.

13. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I have the same opinion that Danks81. Florentino won't shell out megabucks for a defender.

I think that he only would pay a big money for a defender similar to Roberto Carlos.

Or a defender similar to the leyend Frank Beckenbauer. A defender with a very good pass, great vision of play, good shot, great personallity,... not a star defender, a mega star defender. And I think that there isn't a defender with these characteristics at this moment in the world.

That is why i haven't choose a player like Nesta, because it is totally impossible that Florentino pay 60 M € for a Centerback.

I'm not agree with Florentino about that, and people in the team like Valdano thinks the same, but i must admit that Florentino always has taken right decisions about signing star players. These year many people have serious doubts about Beckham - myself included, and he is playing great for the team. The last year with Ronaldo and the doubts about his knee injury, and he was the key player to win la liga and in some CL games. The previous year about Zidane and that he was too old (27 or 28 years) to pay 70 M € for him, and i only can say that it has been an honor to be able to see Zidane play all the weeks the last 3 years.

14. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    a young striker? Freddy Adu!

15. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    This summer were some rumors, saying that Madrid could sign him for the youth teams.

16. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It won't happen... yet.

He's most likely to sign with MLS until he's 18, when he'll be able to play in Europe at the senior level.

He'll probably be with DC United next season.

If he continues with the growth curve he currently is on, Madrid will be glad they are Freddy's favorite team!:D

17. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    any real fan who isn't screaming for a central defender is crazy - they should have signed chivu - i didnt want to see him with real, but anything is better than AS blowme

18. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Van Nistelrooy or Henry.

19. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Rosicky (Borussia Dortmund)

20. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Joaquin - Figo is getting old, and Joaquin is the Spanish star of the future. Right winger with speed, skill, and style.

I also think Chivu would be/would have been a great signing, particularly since he would have been ANOTHER dead-ball threat (he has hit some beauties for Roma). I think that if Pavon and Bravo keep getting better, and Carlos, Salgado, and Helguera don't get any worse, the defense won't be as horrible as many people think.

21. Spanman

Spanman New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    Toronto, Ontario

Maybe U Madrid faithful should hope for a defender rather than spending all money on high priced and high maintenence talent. That would be a start

22. ZiZu5

ZiZu5 New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Toronto Ontario
    There is no maintenance on high price stars because you pay them that kind of money so they can do their job hassle free. If anything the make YOU money.

Anyway, I dont see Figo staying around too long, someone like Aimar could do very well at Madrid. Personally i dont think there are a lot of options for star defenders, almost all have settled in their teams, for example it would be mighty hard to get Ferdinand out of Man.U . Chivu was a HUGE miss for madrid, then again Beckham was a big hit.

Madrid's defence from my point of view is not lacking anything except experience. Hierro was the focal point, someone else needs to take that spot. Helguerra looks to be that man for now. Basically just practice and get used to each other, they look to be making foolish mistakes, not big errors.

What can I say, everyone loves to attack at madrid, and God love'em for it. :)

23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: .

But the Madrid faithfuls are not making the choices.... This is Perez's policy.

Have anyone mention Nedved yet? He is a candidate to win the World Player of the Year.... if the Czech Republic has a run at Euro 2004, he will become a player Perez likes.....

24. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Can Real really afford Nedved?

25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If their accounts are accurrate, Real Madrid should be able to afford him.... of course, if Roman A decided to price him out of the market, then it is fine with me.