What should a typical soccer player eat?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by snsj4, Aug 7, 2002.

1. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    What should a typical soccer player eat? What kind of diet should they have? how many calories should they not go over? What should they eat daily?

2. terrywilson

terrywilson Member

May 3, 1999
    Atlanta Ga.
    Pasta, lots of carb related food, also protein not from fatty foods. I eat sushi 3-5 times a week as this covers both carbs "rice" and protein "salmon and tuna". Also I eat alot of pasta with pesto and grill a chicken breast to go with it.

3. mikelley037

mikelley037 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
  4. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, helps if it's edible.

5. TheTornado

TheTornado New Member

Aug 19, 2002
    You should eat a lot of carbs and protein but about three to four days before a game you should start "carboloading" this means that you eat four to five small meals a day each containing a high amount of carbohydrates, also, a couple of hours before the game it is always good to drink an isotonic there are a bunch of isotonic drinks that you can buy I prefer to make my own all you have to do is have a 50:50 mix of Fruit Juice and Water I usually use Lemons they are the only fruit that is strong enough to change the way the water tastes signifigantly but taste isn't the important thing its the 50:50 mix that is important