What Professional Player do You Compare to?

Discussion in 'Player' started by i07m, Aug 15, 2005.

1. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    I like to think I'm a bit like Robert Pires. Like to play outside, but cut in with the ball and play one-twos with the forwards. But unlike Pires, I like to get back and help out my defense!

2. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say Bobby Convey, I dont have his speed but I would say every other aspect of my game is similar to his. Several people have told me I play like him.
    So maybe like a Steve Ralston, good crosser and good skill but not lighting quick.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny that everyone plays like a very good player. :rolleyes:

4. Fleck

Fleck New Member

May 14, 2004
    Sacramento
    i dont know too many international players, so Ill say Donovan. Im good at a lot of skills and deceptively quick. I dont go down when fouled though.

5. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

It would be more odd if someone picked a bad player.

6. a21rsl

a21rsl New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    around
    Yeah, I guess so. Escept for the fact that all the people of my club team suck. So I'm like Drogba with crappy teammates.

7. gazza

gazza Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I play like someone old and a "step" slower than I used to be. I'm not real good in the air anymore and I look outstanding either sitting with the subs or I could warm up for a couple minutes but then I'll need to be subed out.

8. w1zk1d7

w1zk1d7 New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    My buddies say I play like Crisitiano Ronaldo, They say im very quick with my feet my tricks always work, and my shots always hit the post or always stay low on the floor my main position is on the wing

9. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? Truth is an oddity?

10. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hey, I was honest.

11. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    In this kind of thread, yes. You cant really compare to a professional player because someone good enough to be a pro is 10 times better then you.

But ill be honest and say " I compare to bill hiksby "

Who is Bill Hiksby you ask?

Exactly.

12. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    my friend one time told me i was the recarnation of Zidane because sometimes i able to pull some moves which i dont even know how i got them, but mostly i am like Xabi Alonso sense i play as a DM mostly but still like to go forward and test defenders

13. w1zk1d7

w1zk1d7 New Member

Mar 16, 2005

the brady bunch?

14. DaY 23

DaY 23 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    slough
    Peter Bonnetti my nickname is the cat lol alos agile like him.

15. zz.db.5

zz.db.5 New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    the mountains
    Not sure....we don't get many professional games on TV where I am.
    I'm a good passer and crosser, like long balls and shooting from way out. I can hit the ball accurately quite far. I work really hard during training and games and run a lot in the off time. I go to help with defense and then will run to support the offense. Not extremely speedy but can beat a guy, but not using crazy tricks - just basic ones. I play center mid or right mid.

16. r10legend

r10legend New Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    im between ronaldinho and frank lampard. i got the dribbling capabilities and vision of dinho and the strike of lampard. nice combo for a center mid. :) .unfortunately, theyre so much better than me :(

17. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I know it might sound strange, but I'm probably a cross between Ronaldinho in training, and Rio Ferdinand in a game. I can quite often beat anybody in my team in a training session, but in a game I'm more of a solid centre-half who plays the simple game. If only I was actually as good as them both. :cool:

18. Feldmann

Feldmann New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    I'm very similar to Johan Mjällby, if you know who that is.

A lack of finesse which forces me to rely on motivation, bravery, physique and a very aggressive playing style. I usually play defensive midfield, but I'm quite good as a classic center forward as well thanks to height, strength and a great shot.

19. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Today I played as a Libero, the attacking defender and yeah I ran the show. :rolleyes: :D

Now i will say i compare to Beckenbauer or Rijkaard.

20. Albo19

Albo19 New Member

Nov 24, 2005
    ahaha lol i love this topic. its good that people have dreams.

21. Ronaldob4hegotfat

Ronaldob4hegotfat New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Australia
    Ronaldo b4 his injuries.
    Just run really fast and do some freaky dribbling move every now and then:)

22. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None really...

I'm one of those wingers who can drible and well is fast CR7 would be a comparison, but I think you should not judge yourself just let the feet do the talking :)

23. chipotaple

chipotaple Member

Mar 31, 2006
    CA
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango
    I have the passes and shots of Riquelme (except not as good as him), I am a playmaker.

I advance like and have the feints of Recoba though, also left footed like him: hybrid of recoba/riquelme
    :Riquelcoba!

24. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Depends on where I'm being played. On the wings, I'd try out all kinds of tricks and make darting runs all over the place like a Ronaldinho, but when playing as a central midfielder I like to have an image of an Endo (can't believe I model myself after a Gamba player too LOL) in mind, and be the grit and steel of the team.

And yes, it's good to have dreams all right. Someday we'll be able to play to their levels.

25. quakesforever07

quakesforever07 New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Cali
    I don't think i'm just like him, but I try to immulate Dwayne DeRosario's style of play. I love his spectacular goals, awesome dribbling, and ability to create something out of nothing. I've met him and he's one of the nicest guys, ever! He's my favorite soccer player and I'd love it if someone compared me to him!