What Professional Player do You Compare to?

Discussion in 'Player' started by i07m, Aug 15, 2005.

1. i07m

i07m New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Me and some friends were talking about players who we tried to be like when we were younger, and we started saying, 'You play a lot like --insert player's name-- .'

People tell me I play like George Best, obviously not as good as him, but my playing style. I like playing in and out as a winger-striker, my ball control is pretty good, I have good pace, but as a winger, I am not the best crosser. Unlike Bestie, my passing is not something I brag about, but the long ball is something I excell at. All of that being said, these people were being very kind in saying that. But I take pride in the fact that more than 1 person has said this.

Anyways, what pro player do you play like?

2. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    Haha, well I actually never thought about it but probably it's somewhat similar A.Shearer's. Interesting thread.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Victor Sikora. I run around a lot and I suck.

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kind of a hybrid of Rooney and Crespo if that makes sense.

I am built like Wayne(but much better looking ;) ) and can play in the hole as a creative link to the attack or alone up top. I have a keen sense of where the goal is and can finish from in close or shoot from long range with either foot. My ball control and first touch is also one of my strong points.

5. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    Heinze.

I'm a left back known more for my aggressiveness and heart than skills or natural talent.

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I'm a crazy mix of players like Keane and Ayala. Aggressive, leadership, gamesmanship, high demands, tough tackling...

Luckily for me I can play in any position on the field, but central midfield or as a sweeper is best.

7. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    it depends on two things for me- my position and mood- but generally-, in net i think shay given because im half irish and not tall. in my best position defensive midfield i like to watch and play like michael carrick at totenham and just watching him has improved my game (thanks so much metropolis2k :) ) upfront- pawel abbot at htafc, hes quite similar to milan baros i supose. so theres my 3 main positions... :)

8. erictheking

erictheking Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Bryan Robson - I'm always injured.

9. pumadude

pumadude New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    arjen robben because Im really fast and I love to run the ball on the left side of the field and either cross the ball or cut to the middle and try to get a shot.

10. dﮥnny

dﮥnny New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    US
    Cordoba and John Terry. I'm a center back that pushes up some but not as much as Lucio. I'm really fast too.

11. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Kind of a cross between Andy Reid and Michael Carrick. I've got a good eye for passes and am comfortable with both feet, but I'm only about average speed. I'm best pushing forward and supporting strikers.

12. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    I play center back or right back (left if I have to) and I am tall .. skinny (well built) but im very fast and have good ball control I like to think that I play like nesta or maldini. I am also captain of my team meaning I have good leadership qualities.

13. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, probably Clint Mathis. Lost most of my speed and agility to injuries, and never played a lot of defense... but I still have a very powerful and accurate shot, can deliver accurate long balls, and have a penchant for making unexpected through passes.

14. soccerkid89

soccerkid89 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Michigan
    Ruud van nistelrooy . i am a pretty sweet striker

15. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh elninho, you almost earned rep from me.

This reminds me though, I would liken myself to Clint Mathis when it comes to my stomach and my fondness for beer. (<---what you should have said elninho!!)

16. Paddster

Paddster New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I see my self like Stefan Klos. I'm shite at kicking and cross balls, but a good shot-stopper and handling, good at one-on-ones, and have a good leap, well used to before my knee injury :(.

17. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do Doritos count?

18. Paddy31

Paddy31 Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Pukekohe, NZ
  19. Shaneo

Shaneo New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    hmmmm maybe a cross between maradona and pele :D

20. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
  21. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    well according to nikefootball.com, i compare to ronaldinho although i don't see that as true seeing as i'm a center back/keeper. not really sure who i play like.

22. Wasted

Wasted New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Louisville
    As much as it pains me to say this, I'd have to liken myself to Thierry Henry. The faster I'm going, the better I play.

23. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I've tried to pick things up from my two faves, Cantona and Zidane.
    There are times that a little Maradona breaks through and I go for a run.

24. West Lakeview Fire

West Lakeview Fire New Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Without question it's Maradona, 15 years past his prime but before the surgury to clip his stomach.

25. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

YES!