NSR: What Podcast Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol 001

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Q*bert Jones III, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Dr. Wankler repped this.
  2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    https://www.npr.org/podcasts/381444908/fresh-air

Michael Pollan, best known for his books on food, has a new book on the benefits of psychedelics. While it's unlikely that his famous phrase, "eat real food, not too much, mostly plants" will transform itself to "take drugs, not too much, mostly hallucinogenics," it's a pretty interesting hour or so. I couldn't link directly, so you'll need to scroll down after awhile, and if you've listened to Joe Rogan's podcasts with various psychonauts, it will be a little tame, but there is a lot on medical benefits, most of which have been known about, and tested, since the 1950s.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  3. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    My listening has been dialed WAY back recently, but I just happened upon a topical The Eastern Border (with Kristaps!) regarding Telegram.

But even better (and I'm only less than an hour into a 3-hour epic): Dangerous History Ep. 160: "Remember the Maine!" & The Pageantry of American Aggression.

A deep investigation into the "Large Policy" and some major taking down (in his very matter-of-fact style) of Teddy Roosevelt and Henry Cabot Lodge, among others, and their roots in the very jingoistic Anglo-Saxonism theory of history, which has informed much of our current state of being.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  4. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    the Say Why To Drugs podcast may interest you too

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    The new season of Serial is superlative.

Dante repped this.
  6. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
  7. _Ziggy_

_Ziggy_ Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Mar 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Super shameless plug but I guess it's on topic... :unsure:
    [​IMG]
    https://roundhistory.com/episode-2-starostins-spartak-brotherhood/

There’s no other story in world football like that of the Starostin brothers’. Born in a family of hunters from a peasant background in the Russian Empire, they fell in love with the beautiful game, grew up in the revolutionary Presnya district in the middle of the Bolshevik Revolution. Led by their eldest brother, Nikolai, they created Russia’s most popular football club, Spartak Moscow, and became champions. Then suddenly, from night to day, they would go from sporting heroes to enemies of the state and thrown to the wolves in the Gulag.
    After 10 long and horrible years of suffering, they come back to cement their position as some of the most important figures in all of Russian football history.
    To better understand how everything happened, we take a look at all the moving pieces and watch them fall into place to get a complete picture of this beautiful story of determination, success, glory, injustice, tragedy and survival. It’s nothing short of incredible.

8. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I can't believe I never put Reply All on here.

[​IMG]

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all

Amazing sound design and some of the best non-fiction storytelling around. This one always gets a listen the day it's released.

9. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    PSA, New Abnormal, Race Wars, Rantin n Ravin. I use to drive to work so use to listen to also Pete and Sebastian, Rise and Grind, Bill Burr, Fitzdog

10. kdog213

kdog213 New Member

Liverpool
    United States
    Nov 18, 2020
    Hey guys, excuse the bump unless any of you are interested in starting your own company. This podcast called fundraising radio has very informative tidbits to building your startup. They have a variety of guests that are experienced in the business world, so it’s quite easy to filter exactly what kind of stuff you want to listen about. Check out this guest, https://www.fundraisingradio.com/Steve-Shwartz/ if you seek steps for funding your idea!!!

11. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had been listening to EPIDEMIC with Dr. Ceine Gounder, but that seems to at least be on pause (didn't realize she was married to Grant Wahl, soccer mind).

Q*bert Jones III and Deadtigers repped this.
  12. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    This sounds like a very worthwhile listen

13. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm loving Dead Eyes. A comedian's investigation into the mystery of why Tom Hanks fired him from a bit role in a 2001 film. Like Serial except about an event of which nobody involved ever gave a second thought. A funny and thoughtful look into the nature of failure.