What players style do you try to emulate???

Discussion in 'Player' started by Mr_Breaducce, May 18, 2007.

1. chuiy

chuiy New Member

May 25, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Ronaldo in the first part of his career (begining of man-u and sporting libson) step overs to evade, reads the field well adn can pass and see a play building up.

2. Peteks

Peteks New Member

May 29, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Well, I try to play a bit like a mix of Frank Lampard and Cesc Fabregas.

I play on midfield, in a slightly more attacking role, and my greatest strengths are my decent long range shots and eye for through balls.

Though as I had a serious knee injury and a dislocated shoulder, I have lost quite a bit of my pace and I'm currently doing rehabilitation work to get back on the field.

Oh, and I try to emulate some of Joe Cole's tricks on the field. Not too much mind you, but at times I try to fool defenders like he does.

3. BarcaFan86

BarcaFan86 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana

Notice how all the players he mentioned were former Madrid players with the exception of Ferdinad..looks like someone has to broaden their viewing horizons :p

4. BarcaFan86

BarcaFan86 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    In the words of the great Jose Mourinho "Don't try to be the new Kaka or the new Messi because you cannot be, you cannot be the new, you must be yourself"

...That being said since coming back from injury and a long stint off i tried to emulate werder bremens/juventus' Diego (i'm in love with his play). however i've seen a large decrease in my skill set and i'm hesitant to take the long shot.

I'd say my style is more along the lines of Yaya Toure (not by choice). I'm win the ball in the midfield and tend to dwell on it too long keeping my fellow teamates in supspense only to come away with a fair bit of ease to deliver the pass. i also make the occasional run in attack. (who saw his goal in the Copa Del Rey??)

5. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Definetely Thierry Henry. love going down the line and moving to the left, same style of running and good ball control. He has been my fav player for 6seasons now lol. i found out other day his birthday is same day as mine aswell haah

6. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i started to pick up on that too, it works so well, for me at least.

7. bmfc

bmfc New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ryan Giggs running at defenders weaving and whipping in crosses

8. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    G'day,
    My favourite player is Cristiano Ronaldo, as I am a United fan, but don't get me wrong, while he is a good player, his dummy spitting and childish manner needs to be fixed.
    I have a similar game to him. I try to use my speed and acceleration (as I am a small fifteen year old playing in an under 19 age group) to beat people, and in the attacking third I also use stepovers. My main positions are also left and right wing, I'm comfortable on both, even though I'm right footed. So that's just me.
    Coincidentally, I'm also a Nike Mercurial range fan. ;)

9. EnglishFootballer

EnglishFootballer New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    I play exactly like Wilson Palacios i cant really explain it, but i do. :cool:

10. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  11. stevem3411

stevem3411 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    wayne rooney: strong, high intensity, plays the simple ball, tries to do too much sometimes, when i loose the ball i get pissed and run my ass back and do what i need to get the ball back even if it means a foul

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I've become more of a box-to-box mid lately but for a good while I played CB, and very well if I do say so myself. My style sort of emulated Jamie Carragher's: good in the air, playing the ball out of the back (on the ground), seemingly slow but always there to cover and win challenges.

Now, however, I am trying to play more in front of the defense. Try to be the 1st option out of the box, turn (if possible) and distribute: if I can pick off a nice penetrating pass, so be it if not, try to play a simple square ball and then support that same pass to get the ball back and forward. I try to win the ball back for the team as much as possible but at the same time I try to join the attack, though, I try to stay right outside the box (if I do go forward) in order to be well-positioned to help out in case the team loses it. I will say maybe Mascherano? :cool:

13. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've played maybe 7 games into my season now and my style is getting even more of a replica of Inzaghi. I don't even try to play differently anymore. I play that offside line really well, I take down the ball well, and I can flick the ball into open space so I can run onto it myself well as well, but other than that, I cant do anything. I just play way high and try to get one-on-one with the keeper.

14. trickybeans redded

May 2, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    RVN

yeh i know who he plays for....

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have been moved from Striker to RW.

16. 10Messi17altidore

10Messi17altidore New Member

Jun 21, 2009
    US
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    lionel messi for sure. Im very fast and love to have quick touches on the ball.

17. maDawOw

maDawOw New Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Ploiesti, Romania
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Ronaldo Luiz Nazario de Lima! (the best)
    fast,genious,great finisher.
    ups and downs on form -> NEVER give up
    cheers :D

18. smitty0622

smitty0622 New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    new york
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    NBA jerseys:Bryant,Fisher,Ariza,Doom
    Free shipping!Free returns!Lowest price!
    Today order!today shipping!
    www.cheapplaza.com

19. world_united_FC

world_united_FC New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    i play like iniesta i dont use a bunch of fancy moves yet i also have bit of essien b/c i am excellent defensively. the best part of my game is my passing a

20. Habitat

Habitat New Member

Oct 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Lol. I take a little bit from everyones game. Quick feet of C Ronaldo - Passing like Ronaldinho - Speed like Messi (if necessary). Not saying I'm the best but I consider myself to be alright. I play left or right mid and can play striker if necessary. I watch a lot of videos and learn a lot from every player ronaldo, zidane, gerrard, messi, henry

And then try and apply it in the game when need be. All the while creating my own mix of these styles. I wish to incorporate the heart (fitness) of Gerrard one day.

21. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still thinking of what player I'd like to emulate. I'm going to tryout for my college's team as a striker. I'm on the strong side, but I'm kinda short, so I've mostly looked at videos of Rooney and Tevez. But I've also looked at video of Messi, Maradona, Alessandro Del Piero (gotta love those free kicks).

22. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    There are several players

Fernando Redondo, he was the man. He had the ability to spray that pass from deep, and was the epitome of simplicity.

Dejan Savicevic, before Kaka was there, he revolutionalized the second forward position.

On the African Continent

Players like Sunday Oliseh, Abedi Pele, Samson Siasia, Tony Yeboah.

23. DavidVilla07

DavidVilla07 New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    David Villa. Great on the ball with heaps of pace and sometimes in the right place and the right time....:cool: Also try some pretty audacious stuff once in a while

24. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    DavidVilla7,

I actually expected you to say Gerd Muller!

25. usawnt10

usawnt10 New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    United States
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Andrei Arshavin or Dzagoev's.
    But I sorta have my own style.