What players style do you try to emulate???

Discussion in 'Player' started by Mr_Breaducce, May 18, 2007.

1. Mr_Breaducce

Mr_Breaducce New Member

May 18, 2007
    I was just wonder what players style do you guys prefer, and do you try to imitate it or use it as a foundation for your game. I relatively new to soccer but have always been familiar with the Ronaldo/brasilian stepover style, but all the foot feints, or attempting the tricks, and step overs felt somewhat excessive, because of my personality I've tried to emulate Messi's street yet direct style of play. I am really attack minded, but only want to do what is necessary to get the job done, only doing moves when I feel they will serve a purpose.

So what player's style do you attempt to emulate, and why did you pick it???

2. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    kaka. I run at defenders often, shoot from distance, and dribble in the same fashion. I just feel that its easiest for me to do it this way because it fits my skill set well.

3. Mr_Breaducce

Mr_Breaducce New Member

May 18, 2007
    How do we know your not actually him lol???

4. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know I like to run at players I seem to feel best that way with the ball. I love to use some pace and a bit of footwork but not much...

5. Lovefutball

Lovefutball Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Zizou; simplistic ball control using tricks only when necessary. Always pushing the ball up and setting up plays, but also not afraid to do it on my own.

6. Raja Casablanca

Raja Casablanca New Member

I'd say I have a style like Zizou's as well

7. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I play center back and I try to emulate john terry. Even though I am not close to having his skillset, I still try to be a leader like him out there both vocally, and with bravery, heart, and determination.

8. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uhh well, I've modelled my kicking style on Becks, and my dribbling is alot like Robinho. I do alot of the same tricks, feints etc. No-one else really, but I do try to pick up as much as I can. Its a good thing...

9. Ronaldob4hegotfat

Ronaldob4hegotfat New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Australia
    Like Brazilian Ronaldo a bit. I get the ball and just sprint like crazy beating players as I go with a clinical finish in the end. I taught myself every move I've ever seen him use but mostly just changing direction at pace. Yes, you could say, fanboy;)

10. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Ronaldo, Zidane and Müller(depending on which position and the type of team I'm playing on. Moving very fast, with tons of feints and stepovers if playing foward, with any excellent eye for th goal and poaching situations. If playing midfield, trying to read the game well, and using every part of my foot to control and pass the ball.

11. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckenbaur. Simple, controlled, calm but with attacking skills coming through the defense.

12. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Gary Neville, Philip Lahm.

Wingbacks who make a lot of overlapping runs and swing balls into the box, occasionally getting in a position to have a go at goal, then tracking back so the lazy wingers can stay up and do whatever it is they do when they're supposed to be defending.

13. Alexio92

Alexio92 Member

May 16, 2007
    Solskjaer because I am a good finisher, ok with the ball, get in good positions, not get the ball that much but pop in with some important goals at the right time.

14. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
  15. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Always cause you always can be yourself I've learned that trying to emulate a player will stop you from becoming better. I wanted to emulate a few but I decided that there is no point but to just make your moves as you go and use your feet as the paint brush and paint a picture as you go along.

16. ChinaDan

ChinaDan Member

May 29, 2007
    Ireland
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Gattuso, Roy Keane and maybe a bit of Micheal Carrick as well...lol

It depends what position I decide to play these days, sometimes I drift wide sometimes I step back into defence...

Been a while since I actually last played...lol

17. cr17

cr17 New Member

Jul 28, 2006
    fabregas in playing and c.ronaldo in shooting ( hardly ever works )

18. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Gattuso, Even though i play Wing back.

19. impactsoccer30

impactsoccer30 New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    I like henrys style of play like finesse. but i tend to just hit the ball pretty hard and hope it goes in lol.

20. xTottixCorex

xTottixCorex New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Indiana
    andrea pirlo. i try to play my position as effective and clean as possible. i think my passing is the best part of my game.

also try to add some luis figo as far as pace and crossing on overlaps.

combine it and that's basically how i play:cool:

21. warrior12

warrior12 New Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Little Rock
    Tomas Rosicky, I like the way a runs at deffenders and I love his long distance shots.

22. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  23. flyingfullback

flyingfullback New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    i'd say i'm like gattuso as well

24. Vuoso11

Vuoso11 New Member