What, no thread about the EMMY's? (R)

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Dr. Wankler, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, I didn't watch that much of it either. I saw Jon Stewart's routine and found out later that he won a couple statues. Oh, and I saw that one idiot "comic" try to do a bit from the audience with a pissed-off Bill Cosby and a not-particularly-amused Larry David. But that's about it.

Any other comments or expressions of indifference?

2. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Who was the "idiot". I saw Mary Carey was there.

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    who gives a rat's flying fat rump? they ignored scrubs and buffy (again!) and slobbered all over everybody loves freakin raymond! NEWSFLASH: *#*#*#*# ain't funny - curb your entusiasm rules, emmys drool - even if they hand out a deserved award, it's usually about four years late... the worst award show going

4. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I didn't catch her name. I gathered she has a new series coming up in the fall, and Fox saw this as a way of promoting it. Normally, I'm all for dissing and pissing off Bill Cosby, but she failed at it miserably.

5. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Was it Wanda Sykes?? B/c she is the f'ing worst. She ruins Curb Your Enthusiasm with her guest appearances (a show that normally, as bluedaddy pointed, rules).

6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    According to a mercifully quick google search, it was in fact Wanda Sykes. This is good to know -- the better to avoid her in the future.

7. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I highly recommend that...

8. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Off topic, but have you noticed that when we started this thread... hell, when I posted my last reponse, this was the "Books Music TV" Forum, and now it's just books, which means of course that this thread is going to be moved. Or else some moderator is seriously fukcing with my head.

9. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    I'm just as confused...here goes the move.

10. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Emmys:

I cared about two things...

1. I wanted the Daily Show to get one for being damned funny... pretty much consistently. It did.

2. I wanted Tony Shalhoub to win for Monk. He did. That was the more important of the two for me.

That's it.

What was Bill Cosby pissed about? I heard something about him telling Wanda Sykes that they "spoke English" in his series. Was he referring to her black American dialect?

11. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts:
    - Jon Stewart was very funny
    - It must of been the time of the month for Bill Cosby. Ligthen up Francis!!
    - That Ahnuld impersonation was very lame. It was funny for about 10 seconds and seemed to go on forever