What Nationwide Club Should I Support?

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by house18, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Larkin

Larkin New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    man utd!

how fcuking imaginative.

And its super Brentford, super Brentford fc were by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

2. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Quit the arguing crap! This thread was meant to help me get ideas of who to support in the Nationwide. All I want to hear is who you think I should support, not why I shouldn't support someone else!

3. Larkin

Larkin New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    you cant get much better than Brentford!

4. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I have made my selection...drumroll please.....Stockport. I liked what I saw of them, liked that they were not in the first division and I did like the Manchester connection. The final straw was that I just aquired a game worn change strip worn by former Finnish international Helin! Thanks everyone for your input and here's looking forward to a play-off place!

5. Claret

Claret New Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Manchester, England
    Big whoopee for you !!

Be careful never to argue with any other teams fans. (your comment was funny - if not tragic !)

Sit back in your armchair (with the rest of them) and watch United.

Up the Clarets !!

6. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which stadium is nearest London Heathrow ? I have a mate visiting his wife in So. Africa and he's got a layover for 6 hours. I told him to catch a football match as London boasts well over ten teams throught the ranks. Any leads will be appreciated. GO QUAKES !!! Oh, by the way, he'll be over ther in 2 weeks Saturday.

7. ManchesterMets

ManchesterMets New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Manchester UK
    Well, I'd go for Cardiff City.

They've got promoted to Div 1, they have got big finances behind them, they look like the only team from wales that could get into the top flight since Swansea city way back in the eighties. They are slightly hated, but they are a good team.

I predict them challenging for the premiership next season.

Come on you bluebirds.

(Funny that - I used to be a Swansea jack as a nipper!)

8. edster

edster New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    currently Tokyo
    up and coming

DERBY COUNTY
    simple as that
    the team to watch in the next 2 seasons

9. Boris the Tonk

Boris the Tonk New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    York, UK
    House18 - you must be a lucky charm. You start supporting Stockport and they jettison Big Carlton. (Either that or his better than 50% defeat record did for him). If you feel that you need to change allegiance why don't you support the lower league team that
    1. Is owned by the fans
    2. Has the youngest manager in the country
    3. Was the last team to beat Man U 0-3 at Old Trafford.*

York City, sir!

* I think. Go on someone, prove me wrong.

10. Thora

Thora New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    You should support Stevenage Borough in the Nationwide Conference.

We're not even good enough to be a football league team now. And.......Nobody likes us.

www.boroguide.co.uk - website
    www.borochat.co.uk - fans forum

:eek:)

11. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    Have a guess what team

12. BH A

BH A New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Florida
    Blades

Might I suggest Sheffield United? Great team spirit, the manager's a hoot, and the supporters fervent. Good luck, though, with Stockport. But.....

After a while you'll get a bit tired of supporting a club whose matches you can't watch. We're on track for promotion and chances are very, very, good that we'll be in the Premier League next season. Then, you can watch the games here in the States!

UTB!

www.sufc.co.uk

13. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    Re: Blades

if everyone had that attitude, everyone would support Man Utd or Liverpool

oh wait!

14. MightyBees

MightyBees New Member

Aug 16, 2003
    London, England
    Brentford are the nearest League Club to Heathrow Airport. Probably several miles down the road- it could be dont in about 20 mins in a car/cab, bar any traffic!

http://www.brentfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Travel/0,,10421,00.html

15. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    York City is a massive club.

16. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    see my post above.

17. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    If you are of a violent disposition, I suggest you support Burnley FC rather than those jessies at Cardiff and Milwall. As the link will show, the current manager, Stan Ternant is not one to be trifled with. Mind you, the fans were equally respectful-they once set fire to his wife's dress in a chip shop.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2003572675,00.html

So choose Burnley: The psychotic's choice.

18. BFC down south

BFC down south New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Typical Blackburn fan......facts completely wrong as usual !!!! It wasn't Stan's wife that was involved ..it was tha wife of Jimmy Mullen several manageres before that !

You should really support Burnley though...founder member of the Football League, close to extinction in 1988 and now fighting our way back through the leagues, one of the small town clubs with reputation for playing good football and hated by our close rivals Blackburn because they are jealous of our true supporters.
    They cant even fill half their stadium for the biggest games in the Premiership now that the glory supporters have disappeared along with "Uncle Jack"
    But Burnley are (apparently) one of the best supported teams per head of population in the country even though we were poor last season.
    Now with a new manager in Steve Cotterill and looking to improve again.
    Check us out at www.burnleyfootballclub.com .............you know it makes sense !

19. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    as a Korean living in US, i watch a lot of English and Italian footie. I support Chelsea, but i also support (yes i know, this will come in as a shock) the struggling Milton Keynes Wimblefon Football Club (not AFC). Still praying till these day that Vinnie Jones comes back to Football and becomes our Manager...we all know he's a horrible actor....

But my suggestion to whoever started this topic, to support a club like Sunderland or West Ham, they were real close to making it to premiership last season...

20. ValeTone

ValeTone New Member

May 17, 2004
    Dallas TX
    I suggest that you support my team, PORT VALE, because nobody knows where we are from. And our club is truly owned by the supporters (since the takeover last year by Valiant 2001) so we are very special in that sense. We have produced some great players over the years and will continue to do so in the future under the tremendous management team of Martin Foyle and Dean Glover.

http://www.port-vale.co.uk

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

http://www.portvaleonline.com

21. grebes

grebes New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Bristol
    Bristol City - you would always be welcome in Bristol, and never dull supporting the Reds

http://www.bcfc.co.uk

22. sokkerluver

sokkerluver Red Card

Jul 22, 2004
    Chicago,Illinois,USA
    It is either that or go to Scotland.

23. countytillidie

countytillidie New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    I support the mighty mighty mighty STOCKPORT COUNTY!!. I hope Stockport County will beat the tangerines on Saturday :D :D btw if you like online football manager go to www.hattrick.org here is a quick description:

Hattrick is an online football game where you trade players and coach your team in competition with hundreds of thousands of simultaneous opponents from all over the world.

This is how it works Hattrick is free of charge. You run your team using a web browser. Matches are played a couple times a week. You can log on at any time to check the status of your team, issue orders for training, trade players on the transfer list - or just have a chat with the other Hattrick users.

Hattrick is never ending so when (if) you win your league you qualify for promotion to a higher league the following season (each season is 16 weeks long). Are you ready? Ready to go for national and international fame?.

24. btmountainmail

Aug 13, 2004
    Colorado
    I guess I am still having a hard time even figuring out the league structure. What's the difference between the the Football League and Conference? Are all of these teams professional, and when does it start being semi-pro?

What kind of a team is Hereford United?

I'm a little late in my education, so am sincere with my stupid questions...

25. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Well you picked a good time to learn, cause it's all changing.

The top of the tree...
    FA Premiership
    ----
    Championship (Football League top division)
    League One
    League Two
    ----
    Conference (National)
    Conference (South) & Conference (North)

All League clubs are fully professional. Conference and below are semi-professional. Although a good amount of Conference sides are fully pro.

Hereford are a strong Conference (National) team, narrowly missing out on League promotion last year. Managed by the former Leicester and Portsmouth player, Steve Claridge.

If you've got the top levels down, here's the whole incredible pyramid

http://www.thepyramid.info/pyramid/Pyramid2.htm