What music are you guys listening to? Bolivia Forum Edition

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just curious with the different ages amongst the posters what exactly are we listening to? And maybe we can all teach a little something about music through here too. ;)

WIth that said, I listen from everything to hip hop all the way down to classical music.

Right now though, lately I've been into Electro-house music. I caught the bug since I went to europe a year and some change back.

The music blows on the radio, and stopped listening to any of it and on MTV (they dont lpay music anymore LOL) since probably 2004.

Hop hop isnt the same since the 90s which was my favorite time for hip hop. I still listen to stuff now, but mostly from New York.

Another guilty pleasure which i catch flack for for listening to lately is cumbia villera. lol My argentine buddy got me into it, he is only 21 but what interests me about it, is most of the footballers that play including messi and tevez listen to purely cumbia villera. On a curiosity front, I decided to look into it. Most of it is alright. But there are a couple guys that are pretty cool. Tevez too has a group called Piola Vago lol.

But yea, I listen to the teenage cumbia villera at my mid/late 20s. lol

Here is a song i've been listening to lately.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8wlGmEqx4"]YouTube - Chimpan C - Buscala (Agosto 2010)[/ame]

And here is a example of some house I've been listening to lately also.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag0kCw-Wwrc"]YouTube - Robbie Rivera - Keep On Going (featuring Ozmosis)[/ame]

Also let me add, by watching those videos I made you can get a feel for what I have been listening to when i made that video lol.

How about you guys? What do you guys have playing on your ipod/cd player/ tapeplayer /vinyl lol?

I think this would be a fun thread, lets see where this goes.

2. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh yea! I got my hands on that. Pretty cool stuff, reminds me of Kid A. Def. one of the greatest bands ever with their different 'sounds' they try to incorporate in each of their albums.

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  5. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    OKay
    I think i've always been into percussion. so i listen to a LOT of Hip Hop. songs or instrumentals whatever.I really don't listen to the radio either. i got certain favorites Like Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Wu Tang Clan, J dilla, MF Doom

i find that i listen to this a on certain mornings
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrYqDPW25cc"]YouTube - Jay Electronica - I Feel Good[/ame]

other than that im a Soul and Classic rock listener. Smokey Robinson,Tower of Power, Rush

then after that im into Jazz and latin jazz.like miles davis,Antonio Jobim,john Coltrane etc .I also like Bolivian folklore music, anything with charango,quena..

Funny you mention villeras, cause when i was in Bolivia a couple summers ago, that's mostly what i heard. i had no idea Messi listened to that :)

6. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhcPPfJKs8I&feature=related"]YouTube - Nas & Damian Marley - Patience[/ame]

What can i say... Are we growing wiser or just tall!

7. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I like the mix we're getting to see here.
    I myself like to remember mis raices, my people every once in a while and I find myself listening to this song.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R42FYN9nXmM&feature=related"]YouTube - Ricardo Arjona - Mi Pais (Poquita Ropa)[/ame]

8. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alot of Hip Hop heads here i see, i myself listen to mostly 90's Hardcore Rap like Nas, Big Pun, Mobb Deep, DMX, Nore, i hate backpack rap it pisses me off!! Most of the new artists today are a disappointment to, the only new stuff i listen to is probably Joe Budden/Slaughterhouse, Jim Jones, and Lloyd Banks other than that i keep it old school son!!! i like Black & Yellow though lol

Then i listen to everything else from Villera to Latin Rock, Bachata to Reggae, some Techno and House it f***s with my mind though :cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA7DvbWy7bs"]YouTube - Big Pun feat. Fat Joe - Twins Deep Cover[/ame]

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nice! hell yes, big pun was the greatest. I still remember when he died. :( Sad day.

He was kinda crazy though, lol you should go watch his documentary about him if you havent already.

I agree, not much of a backpacker rap fan either.

I see some jay electronica, never got into him much. Might give him a listen though... some of my buddies listen to his stuff. We'll see.

ANd nas, you can never go wrong with him or many of the classic QB rappers. My favorites in their prime, Capone N Noreaga. The War report, classic album.

And yep, on messi he has commented many times when the yask what he listens to, his answer is cumbia from argentina, but stuff no one would know about lol.

Tevez has a group too, Piola Vago, his brouther I think sings in it, but he may be locked up right now lol.

Here is my fav. song of theirs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1PhDLqtP84"]YouTube - NO SE QUE HARÉ ?? ????? ????? ??[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XZlMig7jtc"]YouTube - carlos tevez - piola vago[/ame]

10. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yea if your into Latin rock i suggest these 2 bands, i first heard their stuff when i was in Uruguay a couple years ago "No Te Va Gustar" and "La vela puerca" really good stuff for the deep thinkers or when your drunk, to name a couple joints from La vela: El Viejo, Va a Escampar, Doble Filo. NTVG: El Oficial, Tirano (its about Bush), Al Vacio, Vivir Muriendo. If yo get into this you'll probably like bands like Once Tiros also.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Wrn0zCL5o&playnext=1&list=PLD8DFE73FB4356C2A"]YouTube - La Vela Puerca - Zafar[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmQVHn0bDNU"]YouTube - "cosa linda/ clara"[/ame]

11. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

CNN was the s*** i still have War Report on cd bumpin in my car!!! Invincible from The Reunion album is still my s*** till this day!!! I always f*** with whoever is in my car i play some Nas or Big Pun than i play Villera on full blast lmao!!! they be like wtf is this s***!!! i tell them you would never understand, Tevez is the realest f***** soccer player out there i dont give a f*** what no one else says ifi tell him lets go to a chicheria n have a couple beers i bet he would be like hell yea. Tevez is my ninja.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep! Sooo many great rappers out of QB, Nature another one of my favorites. The firm album another classic album out of NY.

13. Playaz4life

Playaz4life Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    Oriente Petrolero
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ok wusup y´all! I listen to all kinds of music from A to Z but I always liked Hip Hop and Rap specially from 1998 till 2006 when I was in college. I was into NAS and much more then and listen to this CD in my car these days:
    001. The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight
    002. Run-D.M.C. & Aerosmith - Walk This Way
    003. Nas - One Mic
    004. Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Part. II
    005. Grandmaster Flash - The Message
    006. Beastie Boys - Paul Revere
    007. Public Enemy - Black Steel In The Hour of Chaos
    008. Digable Planets - Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat)
    009. The Notorious B.I.G. - Big Poppa
    010. LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out
    011. Public Enemy - Fight The Power
    012. Salt-N-Pepa - Push It
    013. Dr. Dre & Snoop Doggy Dogg - Nuthin' But A 'G' Thang
    014. Naughty By Nature - O.P.P.
    015. Run D.M.C. - It's Tricky
    016. Luniz - I Got 5 On It
    017. A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario
    018. N.W.A. - F*** Tha Police
    019. MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This
    020. Boogie Down Productions - The Bridge Is Over
    021. The Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy
    022. Arrested Development - People Everyday
    023. Big Daddy Kane - Raw
    024. Beastie Boys - Fight for Your Right (To Party)
    025. The Fugees - Killing Me Softly
    026. 2 Live Crew - Me So Horny
    027. Eric B. & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul
    028. Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
    029. Wu-Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M.
    030. Puff Daddy - I'll Be Missin' You
    031. 2Pac - Dear Mama
    032. Public Enemy - Rebel Without A Pause
    033. Mary J. Blige - Real Love
    034. Run-D.M.C. - Rock Box
    035. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Crossroads
    036. Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
    037. Common - I Used To Love H.E.R.
    038. Young MC - Bust A Move0
    039. The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
    040. A Tribe Called Quest - Bonita Applebum
    041. Biz Markie - Just A Friend
    042. Geto Boys - Mind Playin' Tricks On Me
    043. Bodycount - Cop Killa
    044. LL Cool J - I Need Love
    045. Tone Loc - Wild Thing
    046. Afrika Bambatta - Planet Rock
    047. Missy Elliott - The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)
    048. The Notorious B.I.G. - One More Chance
    049. Eric B. & Rakim - Don't Sweat The Technique
    050. Grandmaster Flash - White Lines
    051. Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day
    052. N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
    053. Run-D.M.C. - My Adidas
    054. OutKast - Elevators (Me & You)
    055. 2Pac - Keep Ya Head Up
    056. Slick Rick - Children's Story
    057. MC Hammer - 2 Legit 2 Quit
    058. Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
    059. Queen Latifah - U.N.I.T.Y.
    060. Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina
    061. Eminem - Stan
    062. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin & Juice
    063. The Fugees - Ready or Not
    064. Salt-N-Pepa - Whatta Man
    065. The Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money, Mo Problems
    066. A Tribe Called Quest - Excursion
    067. De La Soul - Me, Myself & I
    068. Mobb Deep - Hell on Earth (Front Lines)
    069. Skee-Lo - I Wish
    070. Jay-Z - Hard Knock Life
    071. Nas - Street Dreams
    072. OutKast - Ms. Jackson
    073. N.W.A. - Natural Born Killaz
    074. 2Pac - Changes
    075. The Fugees - Fu-Gee-La
    076. Busta Rhymes - Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See
    077. Eminem - Lose Yourself
    078. OutKast - ATLiens
    079. Lauryn Hill - Doo ****** (That Thing)
    080. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
    081. Big Punisher - Still Not A Player
    082. Eminem - The Way I Am
    083. Ice-T - New Jack Hustler
    084. Nas - Ether
    085. Puff Daddy - It's All About The Benjamins
    086. Busta Rhymes - Woo Hah!! Got You All In Check
    087. Twista - Adrenaline Rush
    088. Jay-Z - Big Pimpin
    089. Missy Elliott - One Minute Man
    090. Nas - These Are Our Heroes (Coon Picnic)
    091. Naughty By Nature - Feel Me Flow
    092. OutKast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
    093. Cam'ron - Welcome To New York City
    094. Juvenile - Ha
    095. DMX - Ruff Ryders' Anthem
    096. Nelly - Country Grammar
    097. Styles P. - Good Times (I Get High)
    098. Missy Elliott - Work It
    099. Goodie Mob - Cell Therapy
    100. Ludacris - Southern Hospitality

14. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Man, im really liking this. im going to look for more. NTVG specifically.Already listen to los Fabulosos CAdillacs

LoL you guys talking about backpacker shit. It's all the same too me . I dont use that term but if you guys aren't into like it then you might not like NAS, De LA Soul ,TRibe Called Quest,The Roots,J dilla,Common and so on. ;)

Plus Common has one of the hardest disses of all time when he disses Ice Cube in "the bitch in you" hahahaha. best diss ever.

As for QB most will have a hard time measuring up to AZ the most slept on NY rapper.

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    But yea, good suggestions on the rock Piffy.

16. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG true!!! AZ the most slept on NY rapper, Nas is a b**** for not doing an album with him. I dont think Nas can be considered backpack rap though, he's more hardcore rap, now tribe called quest, the roots, common, talib kweli, mos def, and so on are good rappers no doubt about it and they do have songs that i like but i just cant listen to them over and over, they make me want to fall asleep.

Im glad you like NTVG, its hard not to like them though every song is good, makes me want to just roll one up :cool:

Speaking of rolling one up, Joe Buddens Mood Muzik 1,2,3 & 4 are mixtapes that should be considered albums (alot of real s*** spoken in em) also Padded Room is good.

17. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    talking about old school (not too old), Gangstarr anyone? Step in the Arena is one of the best rap albums, everysong is legit. Ghetto Boys, Eazy E, Public Enemy and all the other classics already named.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Very nice!

I also like eric b and rakim when it comes to old school.

19. Playaz4life

Playaz4life Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    Oriente Petrolero
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Heey guys!

Did you guys know that azul azul stopped with his music after 20 years?
    I personally think they and kjarkas are the best bolivian music around.

This is another friend of mine who help me play serenata to my wife when she was my girlfriend in 2004. No kidding and
    Hope you like his music:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo4wlVxh4Kk"]YouTube - Cesar Alvis - Dime (Music Center Backstage)[/ame]