What Jobs allow you 3 weeks to Go to the World Cup?

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by mmradio13, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many companies give 4 weeks of vacation. Just don't take any other vacations for the rest of the year. This isn't as bad as it sounds as you will likely have a few personal and sick days as well as holidays for the rest of the year.

Just try to take advantage of this when you are young as later on your wife/kids might not be happy with the only vacation for the whole year being for the world cup.

2. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

SWEET!!! I just took a 5 year contract with the Army so I will still be in by the time world cup rolls around. Looks like South Africa is well in my reach..hopefully the war in the middle east will be done with by then

3. Sykotyk

Sykotyk Member

Jun 9, 2003
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm, if you plan on catching the final, South Africa is within reach.... I think you meant South America.

Anyways, I have yet to go to a World Cup, but I am actively looking into 2014 in Brazil. I work for myself, so the only issue is lack of revenue by not working for the month, but I can basically make it up the rest of the year. The question is whether I can get my wife to go along with the plan....

Sykotyk

4. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    see if your company lets you carry over vacation/sick days.

most companies might start you off at 2 weeks. if you can carry over days, then you should have enough to go to the world cup.

5. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hahaha yeah I meant South America...

and if you play your cards right you can get her to go along

6. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    get a job In Europe, I think USA is only Western nation where you're not guaranteed vacation by law :D

7. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Become a partner at a law firm. Of course, you may miss a couple of world cups while you work your ass off to get that status, but once there, you'll have a lot of flexibility.