what is your optimal MNT lineup and formation?

Discussion in 'China' started by chengb02, Jan 1, 2006.

1. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    dreamer you and I share similar views on Du and Dong. I guess great minds think alike.

In Dong, I'm especially impressed in his composure. He's always cool, calm, and collected, making the right decisions. Dong will be the next Hao, if not better than him which I think he will.

2. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Well, well, well... looks like Zhu has finally listened to what I said, bringing Wu Wei'an to the NT. :D

The latest 27-man roster:

大连实德:季铭义、邹 捷、赵旭日、冯潇霆、孙寿博

辽 宁:肇俊哲、王 亮、张永海、藏海利

深圳
    健力宝:李玮峰、李雷雷、李 毅

上海申花:谢 晖、孙 祥、郜 林

天津泰达:曹 阳、蒿俊闵、吴伟安

山东鲁能:郑 智、崔 鹏

上海永大:李 彦

湖北武汉:郑 斌

北京国安:陶 伟

四川冠城:张耀坤

青岛中能:李 帅

长春亚泰:王 栋

沈阳金德:陈 涛

中国足协新闻办

二00六年一月九日

source: http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2006-01-09/16491982616.shtml

As I said before, Wu Wei'an resembles Nakamura and is a playmaker we desperately need to create chances offensively.

And looks like the mediocre Sun Ji has been dropped. No Li Jinyu, no Zhou Haibin.

Xie Hui is in. Sh!t, bad move by Zhu. I'd rather have Li Jinyu instead.

On a side note, it's sad to see Yan Song fading away like that. There was a report in Sina saying he's heading to Ukraine for a trial. Good luck to him there.

3. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Xie Hui is better than Li Yi

4. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Anyone is better than Li Yi. Anyone is better than Xie Hui for that matter.

5. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    So can we conclude by saying Dong, Gao, Lu Ning (or Chen Tao) should start up front?

6. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i still don't understand why zhu keep on calling Li Yi, is a crap, ill prefere to see Li Jinyu. li yi only score 2 goals last season on CSL and look like is happy with this so stupid guy

7. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Li Yi plays for Shenzhen, the team Zhu used to coach before getting the NT coaching job.

I ususally don't blame coaches for using players they're familiar with. But Li Yi is simply not good. As a striker he could barely find the net more than a couple of times in a whole season. In contrast, Hao Haidong was consistently the top scorer of the league.

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I would argue that he's better than Xie Hui, despite Xie's miracle season this year.

9. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Guys, this is only an MNT camp callup list, don't make any drastic assumptions either way from this. I mean, come on, he's giving a callup to Tao Wei! About half the names will be part of the regular MNT roster, the other half will probably never get another look.

10. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

And I would not argue with you there because both should be out of the NT period.

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    haha, totally agree.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    He probably pays Zhu to keep him in the NT.

13. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

LOL. He's rich though.

14. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I disagree...For one, you gotta figure Zhu has a soft spot for Li as he's been his coach since he was 12 or so, but if Li's able to return to form, I think he deserves his place on the MNT and should even take the captian's armband. Of course, that's only if he's still got it, which nobody really knows right now...