what is your optimal MNT lineup and formation?

Discussion in 'China' started by chengb02, Jan 1, 2006.

1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Paul Robinson is 6'3'' and 207.2 lbs and Li Leilei is 5'11''+ and 180.8 lbs.

2. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I don't mean they are exactly the same, but they are both relatively chunky and not really athletic looking and yet they are able to make the big save and are both fine keepers. I think Robinson has slimmed down a little, if Li would, I think he'd be able to secure the job.

3. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i'd say even he sucked badly since 2004 , Li Yi was one of the best forward in jia-A before that, he had gave his club great glory, he is not a real forward? before 2004, he scored 43 goals in 4 seasons, he was 2003 Jia-A top scorer, he helped his club to win 2004 CSL champions.he and his brazilian cooperater tiago, that was one of the best attacking group in Jia-A history~

what did dong did to his club? he just come out to play some Jia-A matchs as reserve players then girls shouted:"Look~ he is just as ugly as Hao Haidong :D",then he played in a ACL match and scored a lucky goal against a Thailand club, fortunately a Man U scout was there, thinking: what a good track man~ we need guys like him then he went to england and soon loan to a third level league, and helped his club relegate in his first season, now struggling in the second division of this third level league which has no more than 3,000 average attendances! that's all dong did for his clubs!

4. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

In Asia Li Leilei look the same as Lee Won-jae the south Korean goalkeeper.

5. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Li leilei is shorter~ And more fatter than Lee Won-jae~ I think Lee Won-jae was not so fat at Li Leilei's age

6. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Dong has potential, Li Yi just sucks

Li Yi missed a easy chance at Asian Cup, that could have tied the game. Li Yi does nothing in NT matches, what did he do in the spanish tour??? I think he scored 1 lucky goal and it was pure luck. What did he do to his club Shenzhen last season??? if there was relegation, shenzhen was close to be relegated. How much does Li Yi get paid???? how many millions??? a lot

Dong on the other hand leads his team in scoring, last season he didn't even play all the games and still led the team in scoring. Stupid Arie Haan would not use him, not his fault. He has a world of potentials.

7. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    why do you defend so adamantly for Li Yi? It's obvious he sucks. I've seen even amateurs better than him. I don't give a sh!t about how well he did before in Jia A. History doesn't mean a thing, and it's not that hard to score in Jia A.

About Li Yi's salary. Life is certainly unfair. I heard he is part owner in the Prince Kitchen in Shenzhen. He makes millions being a "football player" while some farmer doing backbreaking work in the countryside makes few hundred bucks a year.

Fvck him. He doesn't know what the word "Shame" means.

8. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    yeah~ haha, then you should also ******** Hao Haidong, Zhang Yuning , Li Weifeng etc~

scoring against CSL side is not so easy~ you should ask Ahn Jung-Hwan,
    KUBO Tatsuhiko and Kim Dong—hyun, they are asian's top tier forwards and currently 10 times better than Li Yi and Dong Fangzhuo~all of them played against CSL side in ACL!

I'm talking about soccer~ not about money~ Li Yi at least was a good forward he actually did well in U-23 NT but sucked in NT that's true~

99.99999999% chinese fans has no chance to watch belgium division 2, and from what I saw in don's youth NT appearence~ He is far away suit able for the NT yet~ maybe in 3~5 years later~ he has the potential to be a good striker But not Now~ even in youth players~ judged by their performances in 2005 (never imagine Chinese fans would take Belgium division 2 seriously! if it is France division 2 things will be much more better for Dong), Dong is not as good as Gao Lin, Chen Tao, Zou Jie in 2005! he's not the No1 Choice for NT coach

9. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    So your basic point is, because Li Yi missed an easy goal at AC, he sucks. Because he played a little more than one game and scored one goal, he sucks. There was a 6 month period where he really struggled, but he was crucial to Shenzhen in their ACL run.

Arie Haan using Dong??? Please! At that time, Dong hadn't even played in any major youth competition yet! It takes a rare talent to jump to the MNT immediately from the youth team, Dong isn't that talent. He'll get his MNT callup when its time, but where is the patience?

It's hard to say Li Yi sucks, his striking ability led his team to a league title. Too many short memories and need for instant gratification. I'm not sure what Forza's point is, CSL/Jia A isn't a top class league, but its certainly better than Belgium Division 2, and scoring anywhere is not easy. As for life being unfair, sure, you can say that about any footballer's life, not just Li Yi.

10. dalianho

dalianho New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Toronto-CDN
    dong fangzhou is definately better than li yi. Dong is faster, more aggressive and more skilled. now whatever happened to qu bo?, i thought he went on trial in europe back in 02 or 03. li jinyu is not the greatest, but i would certainly start him.

11. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hey~ everyone~ cheers~ seems we finally has a Dalian fans~ Show your warm welcome :D

Let us know more about you dalianho please~ are you another skin of Xfactor?

12. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    It was finally discoverd that he was playing the wrong sport, he should have been on the track team or something. While Qu was extremely fast, he lacks any and all soccer skills.

13. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I'm not worried about how a Chinese MNT coach would deal with selecting regional players. Just look at how things are here, northerners are supporting a southerner and southerners are supporting a northerner!

14. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    ;) :D

15. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Xfactor is a shenhua fan, there's no way he would cheer for Dalian, unless of course, Dong played for Dalian again

16. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    As well Hao Haidong said Dong is the most like him. Granted the sequel is rarely as good as the original, but Dong does have the personal stats and now the goals to back it up.

During that little local thingy he showed great poise and ability by making something out of nothing several times in that match against North Korea or Japan or South Korea (I forgot which one). In those moments of brilliance, he simply outclassed the other team. After watching those several games, my faith in Dong strengthened, while my opinion of Du Wei took a steep dive.

But yeah unitl his potential turns into important goals, there will always be this debate and I think that's where a coach with foresight and insight comes in. The question is, Zhu doesn't seem to be that coach. I hope that little Shanghai Dalian rivalry (ie: Fan vs Hao) is not part of Zhu's calculation for not letting Dong play.

In all fairness the Dalian players should take some heat too for not being able to handle PR or simple personal relationship better, Hao vs Fan, Sun Jihai vs Haan, and now (hopefully not) Dong vs Zhu. :(

17. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

X is a closet Dalian fan. You can bank on that.

18. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    How does rooting for Dong Fangzhuo, who is Manchester United property, make me a Dalian fan? I'm not even from Dalian or Liaoning.

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He were close to a contract with either Blackburn or Spurs.

20. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Yeah, until that silly work permit thing popped up again. :mad:

21. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    They should all come to Deutschland. :) ;)

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    They freaking should.

23. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  24. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    haha, an easy way to say that he didn't impress...

25. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Glenn Hoddle was really gunning for Qu Bo.

Blackburn: Decision on Qu Bo will be football one (Please disregard the title. :))

Old BigSoccer Qu Bo transfer thread

Qu Bo's extremely flattering WC 2002 profile (Although it does point out his weaknesses)