What is your motivation?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Red&Black, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Ok so what is your personal beef with the fire, what incident, what player, what coach, etc. gives you that "special" reason to want to kick their ass. beyond the playoffs and its obvious implications, do you have that special little scar on your heart?

for me it all comes down to cheatin bob bradley. the stench of bob bradley remains woven into the very fabric of the fire. i hate them for that, i really hate them for that.

2. MLS Cup 98, duh.

Also their hard core supporters are the only ones as good or maybe better than ours...and their casual fans are larger in number.

And their away kit is the exact same as stuttgart's home kit, at least from last season.

3. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What he said. Do we need any more reason than that?

4. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i feel like you can never have too much anger/grudge to motivate you in a big game.

there was no MLS Cup in 98, its all a big lie...

5. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, someone implanted a memory in my brain of being at the Rose Bowl on 10/25/98 and whether it happened or not (and whether some offside calls should have been made or not), that memory would be my reason.

But if you want something else, I'd say that Beasley being a big flippin' diver doesn't make me love the Fire any extra.

(by the way, thank goodness for the Interamerican Cup -- being in Lockhart for that win eased my pain from the Rose Bowl and it was nice to be able to wipe that away so soon, without having to wait for MLS Cup 99)

6. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i think it was more a "capricorn one" thing, the whole thing was staged.

7. Grasscutter

Grasscutter Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Atlantis
    Club:
    DC United
    1) DaMarcus Wheezley hitting the turf every time a United player got within 10 feet, during this year's home opener.

2) The 2001 A.J. Wood handball match--lowest of the lows under the Rongen administration.

3) Ante Razov chucking Dema on the head this year in Chicago, which somehow got Dema a red card.

GrrRRRRRRRRR!

8. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are in our way... do we need another reason?

9. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my motivation to want to beat the fire???
    [​IMG]

10. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    1998 MLS Cup revenge!

KILL! KILL!

11. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fall Down Beasley Fall Down. My number two reason after a certain game in Pasadena.

12. AND THEY STOLE JESSE MARSCH SOME TIME AGO

BASTARDS!!!

13. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now they're in for it!

14. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1) MLS Cup 1998
    2) Uh.....MLS Cup 1998

And my non-Fire reason for wanting to advance:

1) Another (possible) crack at those dirty sons of bitches up I-95.

RS

15. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    They also stole Bob Bradley from us.

Er... never mind about Cheatin' Bob.

They did steal Dave Sarachan from us.

16. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    I really don't have the contempt....the loathing hatred for them that I have for the Scum. I hate the Fire because they are the first club in the way on our road back to the Cup.

The other thing that really pisses me is NO ONE is giving us a chance in hell of beating them!! For those reasons, I will be at my boiling point starting at 7:30, and continuing for 90 minutes thereafter!!

The Fire are going down......HARD!!!

Oh yeah. This may be the last time Marco will be in a United kit. I want Marco to put the Fire out!!

17. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i don't know bro, last time you got to your "boiling point" at 7:30 you were passed out by 7:35 ;)

18. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    All of the above. The hating is unabating!

19. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Now that I've sworn off the fire water, I at least make it to the car after the match. ;)

20. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    All the whiners on this list... For them alone I want the team to win the cup so they finally have nothing left to bitch about. (well until next season :D )

21. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me? i hate everything about Chicago. Its a stupid city that's only real claim to fame is it was burned to the ground by a cow...

I hate the people, the Sears Tower, Wrigley Field, Soldier Field, the Bulls, the Cubs, the Bears, the Blackhawks, O'hare, Midway, the United Center, stupid House of Blues, deep dish pizza, crap architecture, Blues Brothers, I hate their transit system, I hate Northwestern, Napperville, and most especially I hate the Fire. Don't kid yourselves, the Barnburners suck, Beasley (the little bitch he is) sucks, Razov sucks, Curtin sucks, Thornton sucks and swallows, and the Ultras used to line up to give Nowak head after every game they suck so much. I think i'm the only DC United fan that probably hates the Fire more than i hate NY or LA.

Screw those bastards, all of them. The only thing that pisses me off more than this game is that i will be in New Mexico for work and i have to miss it. *#*#*#*# *#*#*#*# *#*#*#*#!!!!

22. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i like your attitude.

23. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Liam Murtaugh!

:D

Sachin

24. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I was about to say that other than an offside goal or two back in 1998 I've got nothing against the Fire. But, that's a good point there ... some of those Chicago posters ... :rolleyes:

25. Marco10

Marco10 Member+

Sep 9, 2002
    My hatred of the Fire stems from a certain road game back on June 17th 2000.

Those of you on that fateful road trip will no doubt recall how promising it began with the pleasant flight out to Midway, the glorious imbibing of intoxicating beverages throughout the afternoon, the lovely, if slightly unsteady promenade down to Soldier field for even more mind altering brews in conjunction with various roasted meats prior to the game.

The fact that the hated Fire had stolen MLS Cup '98 was a mere blip on the horizon, as it was no doubt a total conspiracy brought about by Kevin Terry in order to prevent a total domination by thee forces of good in the world. After all, the loss merely served to make us loyal minions appreciate the glorious victory in '99 that much more.

No, the horrible loss that was to plague us that ignoble evening in Soldier Field was to cast a choking stench on not only those dedicated few in attendance, but also the United faithful in general as United was cast down mercilessly with a heinous 3-2 loss.

Not only was that the beeginning of Olsen's Achilles ankle problems (metaphorically speaking, as his ankle was merely sprained that night, but you get the idea).; but it was also the famous Tinky-Winky night that saw Josh Wolff score the winner virtuallyi n our faces.

Needless to say, the heinous heckling we took in Soldier Field, the surreptitious escape we made throught the tunnels of the stadium we made to escape the completely inadequate Ultras, the subsequent night spent on the various ELTrain platforms, the fitful sleeping snatched inadequately in Midway Airport as we awaited our flight and the inevitable hangover that was to dog our return to Capitol City was all to combine to create the refined hatred that all good men should have towards the evil in their division.

That we also lost to WhineAlda and his twwo goals on two shots, one off a stupid rebound off AJ as the ball was supposed to be cleared, and the other as poor AJ was called for the worst PK in MLS history, in a game that we were clearly pummeling Chicago only serves to stoke the flames of hatred all good men feel when thinking of thier holy United against the Fire of Evil.

Well, that and they stand in the way of a berth in the Eastern Semifinals. Either way. It's a crucial hatred.