What is your favorite soccer channel?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN sucked a$$ in the World Cup. I wanted to murder the baseball-turned-sawker guy, resurrect him, then kill him again.

FSC is solid enough, though I know there is better out there. I just don't get it.

I miss the XM radio coverage of soccer I fell in love with during the World Cup. I wish they covered more soccer in Ingles.

I watch the Galaxy home games in person, but watch Galaxy away games on whatever channel has them. I'm usually in a bar and can't hear anyway so I could care less what language or how crappy I KNOW the announcers are.

2. tracylynn

tracylynn New Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would have to go for GolTV because, like someone said in a previous post, it shows the Bundesliga, and it even has the program Hallo! Bundesliga which is nice to watch.

I would rank Setanta Sports second because they do seem to show games of teams that more than likely I would never get to see on the other networks.

FSC is third for me. I like their EPL coverage but the main reason why I put it third is more because of their Fox Soccer News. They can go over all the EPL scores and highlights plus add La Liga and Serie A scores and highlights (thought not to the same degree as the EPL but enough) but they can't do the same for any other leagues in Europe.

ESPN sucks and that's all there is to that. I hate the commentators on that channel plus the continuous score bar across the screen.

3. sa5150

sa5150 New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    TSN Old NASL games

I read that this channel was going to start showing old NASL games , Anyone know anything about this . All i could find was there is a Canada TSN . NO cable company or Direct TV ,dish net carries anything Canadian . There's another cool channel CTV . You probably need one those giant satellite dishes thats bars have . I guess back in the NASL days TSN,USA Network,Sports-vision of Chicago and WGN would play games , They also had this week in Soccer maybe on ABC every Saturday or Sunday . IT be cool if they would play some games on TV . I wonder why ESPN Classic does not show anything from the NASL or (MISL indoor the original) From 78 till they Joined the NPSL . Anyway just curious if anyone knew anything ?

Thanks .

4. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect they know that the ratings (TV is ALL about ratings) for CLASSIC NASL games would be about 1/10th of a typical MLS game on TV.

Those numbers = idea dead on arrival.

5. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, 1/10th of an already 1/10th ratings, is not going to get aired..

6. divo2317

divo2317 New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    TyC from Argentina is outstanding !!!

If you folks only knew how great this channel is, the insight into how the game is played is explained in exquisite detail on Codigo F(one of it's shows), plus other wonderful shows, archival footage of great games from Argentina guaranteed to give you soccer-goosebumps.

7. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Ray Hudson is da bomb! Like a fish out of a country stream!

8. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Re: TyC from Argentina is outstanding !!!

Estudio Futbol is the best show, great insight with as you say "exquisite detail"

this channel is simply the best for the spanish speaking audience

9. Hashim afc

Hashim afc Member

Jun 16, 2006
    art sports is by far the best sports channel, it shows every premierleague, champions league, world cup, asian cup, french league, german league, scottish league arab leagues, african leagues, asian leagues, afc champions league, afc cup ,international tournaments and friendlies etc.

10. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Canal +

It's not a soccer channel, but they show all important soccer events : world cup, euro, the french league (canal + is french), english cup (the big games) and it's final, all the other european leagues every week-end in a long summary (2 hours) and all the imporant games of these leagues live.

And their coverage is top, and they show no publicity AT ALL before, after and at half times.

11. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    I have been surprised by the percentage of GolTV viewers. I assume it is only available on Satellite.

12. Gustav

Gustav Member

Nov 14, 2004
    here & there

hands down goltv

13. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hands down: Get off the couch and go see the game live!

14. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    No I can get it on RCN. :)

15. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

...but there's no team in Here & There.

16. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fox Sports in Espanol is losing cool points in my book for all the stinking baseball its showing...:mad:

17. what a goal!

what a goal! Red Card

Feb 23, 2006
    Mt Clear
    In Australia it has to be SBS. They showed all of the world cup and they show all of the aussies matches.

18. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All three of the Fox Sports channels -- aptly named Fox Sports 1, 2 and 3 -- absolutely trump what's on free-to-air, same as in the USA.

From England, they can and do show five, minimum, English Premiership matches a week and one game from the Coca-Cola Championship, not to mention all of the week's A-League games from over here (I'm not really that interested in the A-League, but it's good to know that they're giving the domestic competition a fair bit of airtime).

Now, only if they'll only show more MLS, like ESPN Int'l does, on occasion. ;)

For the purposes of this poll, I voted for ESPN, by virtue of the ESPN Int'l channel here in the Pacific Rim, but that was a toss-of-the-coin choice, anyhow, between that and the combination of all three Fox Sports channels here.

19. what a goal!

what a goal! Red Card

Feb 23, 2006
    Mt Clear
    I wish I was allowed to get Pay tv except the landlord has said no. :(

20. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me guess... body corporate, in your block of units? Damn them...

21. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES TYC SPORTS AN ARGENTINE SPORTS CHANNEL should pay attention to Mexican soccer. :rolleyes:

22. what a goal!

what a goal! Red Card

Feb 23, 2006
    Mt Clear
    No she wants to pay off her morgage first. :(

23. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    at least you have the SBS 10pm movie on a saturday night to watch

24. what a goal!

what a goal! Red Card

Feb 23, 2006
    Mt Clear
    True..... I prefer to watch the sports on tv though.

25. NEKSoccer

NEKSoccer Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Long Island, NY
    :confused: No "All of the above option"?