What is your favorite soccer channel?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    I didn't vote as a protest. Where can you get Other?

2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Al-Jazira Sports 1 & 2... two channals that show about 40% soccer at all times... so meaning between the two of them... there's a very good chance a game of some sort will be on.

:D

3. BitterSoccerFan

Jun 15, 2005
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN hah That's a good one:rolleyes:

4. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL!:)

5. desertrose351

desertrose351 New Member

Jul 29, 2006
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted ESPN, because *cough* it's all I have. That and the occasional Premiership game on Fox Sportsnet.

Yeah, I don't remember Champions Leagues games on ESPN classic either. I think it's great. :cool:

6. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    FSC is my first love, it got me hooked, but Setanta is closing ground rapidly. It would probably get my vote if I didn't have to pay extra for it, which I don't at the moment. I really loved FSC's extensive coverage of the EPL as well as rugby and Aussie Rules plus at least one game per week from 6-8 or so leagues.

I'd like to see more leagues on FSC like they used to have. My personal tastes just can't find college or youth soccer exciting. Or Serie blAh for that matter, but I'l take that over St. Johns vs UConn. I could care less for shows -- FSC Report is ok, but just give me league game after league game after league game. I'd rather watch Romanian Third Division football matches than that creep from Survivor or those two annoying english guys.

7. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Tyc and Gol Tv are the best i cant stand fox sports when they start showing things like baseball and all that other stuff

8. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fox sports en espanol

I can watch Mexican Soccer, Inter Liga, Champions cup, copa sudamerica, and libertadores

9. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Plus Poker Superstars in Espanol! :D

10. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    TyC is the best, personally i rather watch argentine second division than the mexican league, plus not to mention all the other soccer related shows the have like Estudio Futbol, Paso a Paso, Libero, Los Embajadores, Codigo F, Venticinco, sin cassette and my fav EL AGUANTE

11. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    The fact that ESPN is coming in 4th. speaks volumes...lol

12. wreckedmachine redded

Aug 15, 2006
    its OBVIOUS the mex leage is more important and gets more pleay, learn somethin son.

13. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Setanta is No.1, narrowly, over FSC...

14. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted for FSC because of EPL and the Argentine league; I just wish they would expand the coverage and televise more then one MLS game during the week if we're lucky. They should get rid of all the filler material like the youth soccer segments, etc. I don't mind the college games though. GolTV is a close 2nd.

15. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    its not really all that good, the reason they show all the mexican soccer is for ratings really..that's why i like tyc and goltv its a more neutral view on soccer than what the mexicans say ..even though tyc is from argentina, argentinans know what there talking about... and they'll still show you whats going on in europe and all that other stuff

16. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's exactly what we did during the WC, not to mention the ESPN channels had too much extraneous graphics/information cluttering up the screen.

that said, i'm an avid FSC watcher.

17. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah Balboa was a pain the butt. However there is no way it was bad enough to give up the beauty of football in HD!:D I think ESPN for at least getting one thing right. If the announcers got on your nerves that bad you could just turn down the volume.

Unfortunately now the picture of most footy I watch pales in comparison to what I was given this summer.:(

18. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, the mex league is more important than Argentina's 2nd Division and gets more showings on the TV for that reason, yet it is still extremely boring and I think I rather watch MLS anyday (or grass grow) than the Mex league. It is just my opinion.

19. PSBF

PSBF New Member

Jul 20, 2006
    I realize that I'm in the minority here, but I like espn. I enjoy their coverage of the MLS and occasional international matches(EPL and Champions League). I also like watching FSC and their coverage of MLS, USL and college. Overall, I preferr domestic action.

20. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FSC, but it's trying to do too much. Like anything else broadcast over cable/satellite, soccer will be divided into channels with increasingly specialized content with specific viewers in mind. Wouldn't be surprised to see not only league channels created, but maybe even individual team channels, at least in their region (guess who would be among the first to do this...$$$).

And for those of you who given up on all things good, interesting and pleasurable and are thus ready to "snuff it" - The Dream Team Channel.:eek:

21. Banal Minutia

Banal Minutia New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New Jersey
    I used to like FSC before i got GolTv and Setanta...now Setanta is my favorite (because of Champions League) and GolTV is a very close second....even though FSC shows some USL stuff you never see it on FSWR (which i do really like though) and GolTv shows highlights of those matches....FSC has become so EPL-centric its embarassing, and oddly enough too, they don't even get the best games...Setanta does...when it comes to quality of matches shown FSC is piss poor....Goltv and Setanta forever (but long live the FSWR!)

22. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FSC televised Man. United Vs. Arsenal..Last week, and has shown top flite teams today as well. Clearly, your definaition of quality matches is lacking...

23. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox Soccer Channel: Watched occasional bits and pieces of EPL games, have also watched MLS, CONCACAF Champions' Cup, UEFA WCQs, and Toyota World Club Championship (I don't have the exact name memorized)
    GolTV: Don't get it
    Univision and other Spanish networks: Watched the 2005 Gold Cup that was only on in Spanish, also watched a bit of a Mexican championship game that determined which team got to the CONCACAF Champions' Cup
    Setanta: Don't get it
    ESPN and ESPN2: Watched United States WCQs and friendlies and various World Cup games

24. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Setanta rules. Even better is I don;t have to subscribe to the EPL PPV package any more, they rolled it into their regular coverage.

Better games than FSC although we should be happy that we have FSC, GolTV and Setanta (among others). 3 years ago there wasn't jack on the tube as far as soccer goes (at least in English). :)

25. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    how do you get setanta ? is it on direct tv or dish?