What is your favorite memory at Blackbaud Stadium?

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Whitecaps10, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Whitecaps10

Whitecaps10 Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Long Island,NY
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is your favorite memory at Blackbaud Stadium?

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Open Cup 1999

followed closely by every other time I've been there :D

I remember the good old days when they carried big buckets of ice-cold Boddingtons and Guinness up the stands, I think for $4, unimaginable to a DC-area resident who sometimes buys beer at RFK :)

I remember trading DC United and Screaming Eagle scarves to the guys up in 3 Lions for free beer (we would have just given them, but you gotta try for free beer).

When The Regiment™ started having bigger tailgates, the pre-games got way more fun too, but the 'Baud has always been a great place for viewing a game.

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bunch of great memories for me, championship matches, US Open Cup matches, tailgates, pub crawls during the Carolina Challenge Cup, seeing players like Carlos Valderamma, Bobby Convey sitting in the cheap seat watching a game.

One was ex-Man City, Chelsea and Rep of Ireland defender Terry Phelan's 3 year old son crawling into my lap in the pub after a match and grabbing my Guinness and trying to drink it. I wasn't sure what to do and Terry, who was sitting at the table with me, laughed and said "He is Irish!"

another (again in the pub) was after a Carolina Challenge Cup match There was a line in the men's bathroom and I commented to the guy in line in front of me "I wonder what people think when they come in the bathroom and see their signature on the wall?"(there is signed memrobillia everywhere) And then the guy behind me, who turned out to be John Harkes (was in town with NYRB at the time I think)., says "Well there's mine!" pointing at a 1996 team signed US jersey! We then had a full conversation while both of us were doing our business at the stall.

Normally I don't talk to strangers while taking a leak but he started the conversation!

4. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    your man crush...

5. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've only been a few times, but surprisingly remember the match, DC v Columbus 2002, when I was ejected from the stands for rubbing in a Busch pk save to a DC fan. Dieu was sitting next to me and stuck up for me, but never the less, was booted. I asked the steward and Policeman if that included the 3 Lions. They both said no, so I went up there and watched on the television !
    I've met alot of great people at The Baud.

6. DUST

DUST Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Wilmington NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 3 Lions...it's still my favorite pub, anywhere. Period.