What is your favorite goal ever?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by MOGG, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Joe Emmett

Joe Emmett New Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Pele's Goal agaisnt Sweden in 1958

Maradona In 86 the second one against England

And John Neeskens scored an ABSOLUTE BELTER against Italy in the 1970 World Cup 35 yards straight past Dino Zoff!!!!! :D :D :D

2. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but if my memory serves me correctly that was Arie Haan's goal vs. Italy in WC1978.

3. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    Can't settle on one so I'll name a few:

Pele's first goal vs Sweden 1958 WC
    George Best of Manchester United vs Benfica 1968 European Club Championship
    Gerson of Brazil vs Italy 1970 WC
    Edstroem of Sweden vs West Germany 1974 WC (A spectacular left footed volley)
    Johnny Repp of Holland vs Austria 1978 WC
    Arie Haan vs West Germany 1978 WC (another long distance blast)
    Nelinho of Brazil vs Italy 1978 WC (an incredible shot that swerved viciously into the net from a ridiculous angle against Zoff)
    Eder of Brazil against Scotland 1982 WC
    Eder of Brazil against The Soviet Union 1982 WC
    Van Basten vs The Soviet Union 1988 EC
    Youri Djorkaeff of France vs Spain 2000 EC

4. Football Expert

Dec 31, 2004
    west indies
    my favorite goal ever would have to be ronaldihno's against england in the 2002 world cup......Fluke or not

5. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    my favoritr goal is when ronaldinho traped a shot by edgar davids as it poped up a little he raised it up then biked it into the goal in a crowded 18 yard box. hey guys want to play a cool soccer game. play this

play this game

6. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    And let's not forget Erny Brandts rocket earlier in the same game.

Yup, it was Erny with a brace.

7. El Toro

El Toro New Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Fountain & Fairfax
    Paolo di Canio past Fabien Barthez in the 2001 F.A. cup. di Canio broke away and that wanker Barthez signals offsides because he knows he is toast. di Canio doesn't fall for it and slides it into the left corner. Hammers beat ManUre 1-0.

[​IMG]

8. Jeffrey S

Jeffrey S New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Barcelona
    Nayim's goal for Zaragoza to give them the Cup Winner's vs. Arsenal in the Paris final. When was that, around 95?

An extraordinary goal for when it happened and how, and a great pleasure to see what keeper it happened to.

9. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    i like henry vs man u 2000

10. ilferrari

ilferrari New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    My favorite goals are the ones you've all seen... Maradona vs England, Bergkamp vs Argentina, Roberto Carlos in Le Tournoi

So I'll mention a couple of my favourites that are less well-known...

Trevor Sinclair's overhead kick for QPR Link

Dejan Savicevic's lob in the CL final, 1994?

Redondo setting up Raul vs Utd, 2000 UCL

Zinedine Zidane humiliating 3 defenders and scoring, 2000: Link
    Zidane's control and finish in Le Tournoi: Link

11. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    All nice goals.

I was wondering: did anyone see the goal from Roberto Carlos in the pre-WC tournament of '98 in France? It's a free kick that has an unseen effect. I would be very grateful for a link.

12. 621380

621380 Member

Feb 21, 2004
    germany
    klaus fischers highflying overhead goal against, i think the swiss or sovietunion?? in a 70s friendly , was called dangerous game from the referee..its over 25 years ago but could be my favorite goal but it was unfortunately disallowed..a long 20 yard pass from rightwinger abramcik and fischer has hammered his highflying overheadkick from from 12-14 yardzone ..thw whole german crowd has booed out the referee for a while..another overhead kick in the 70s from klaus fischer against team sovietunion or swiss ??(its to long ago)was voted goal of the decade in germany ..his overheadkick in the semifinal worldcup 1982 against france was goal of the year..4 of fischers overhead goals was awarded goal of the year in germany..he was a master to score overhead goals..

pitt

13. Thierry Henry

Thierry Henry New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I agree with your chioce of goal. All of our team thought the same, after the match in the changing room we all lifted him up as if he was 'crowd surfing' and cheered. It was a great goal. Well done Dennis

14. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Edmilson in the 2002 world cup against Costa Rica.

Edmilson, a DEFENDER, plays the ball out of his own half on the left wing, plays two 1-2s with Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo on the left, gets the ball back from Ronaldo in the box after it is tipped by a defender, flies through the air, slams a slanted bicycle kick into the top of the net. Incredible.

15. Won_United

Won_United Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Spring Lake, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has to be Ryan Giggs amazing run from half field against Arsenal in the 1999 FA Cup Semi's.

Manchester!!!! cmon raise up, take your shirt off, twist it around your head, spin it like a helicopter!!! :D

16. Bergkamp_4_ever

Bergkamp_4_ever New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    WUDN'T U LYK 2 NO!
    If you liked the Bergkamp goal against Argentina in the World Cup, you should also see an amazing goal he scored (even better than WC goal in my opinion) against Leicester (27/08/1997). It was the goal of the season in the EPL.

Also if you have a chance, Matt LeTissier has quite a few amazing goals as well.

17. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    LeTissier... what a player...

18. Bergkamp_4_ever

Bergkamp_4_ever New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    WUDN'T U LYK 2 NO!
    I agree! There is a great website with a lot of info on him. Did you know he scored 30 goals in 94/95, the only one to do so since Kevin Keagan in 81/82. And his record lifetime in penalty kicks is 47 of 48! There are also so great video files of some of his goals. You should check it out:

mattletiss.com

19. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some of my favorites - that ive watched live...

bayern - hamburg (93rd minute equalizer to win a third straight title)

bayern - manu (paulo sergio 86th min, i think - at old trafford - sweet revenge)

nuno gomes vs england at euro2000 (what a comeback, what technique, what control, what a finish)

of course, in recent times - theres MELLOR-MANIA from novembet 28th, 2004!!!!

least favorite goal? obviously both the ones at noucamp 99... :-(

20. soccermainiac2003

Dec 1, 2003
  21. soccermainiac2003

Dec 1, 2003
    the previous message was to the poster who asked about roberto carlos against france

my favorite on the page is arie hann. watch and you'll know why

22. herewego

herewego Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Some realplayer files from the German"Tor des Monats" page:

"Tor des Monats" is since 1970 a monthly spectators poll by german broadcaster ARD of the goal of the month.
    On this site you can watch almost all german goals of the month since 1970, except the bundesliga goals in those years when other broadcasting companies held the rights.

Gerd Müller / Uli Hoeness free kick combination

Young Klinsmann

Mario Basler 40m freekick

Rummenigge ballcontrol

Typical Beckenbauer Freekick

Netzers famous last Goal for Mönchengladbach - banned by coach for his change to Real Madrid, substitutes himself in the 2nd half of extratime in german cup final, first ballcontact

Klaus Fischers Goal of the Century - the godfather of bycicle kicks

23. allezlom1991

allezlom1991 New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Etobicoke
    ma fave goal should be basile boliz header in 93 against PSG

24. soccermainiac2003

Dec 1, 2003
    rep coming to you

25. Owen4ever

Owen4ever New Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Calgary AB
    my fav goal ever was baggio's run for fiorentina against napoli.