What is your fave biz magazine?

Discussion in 'Finance, Investing & Economy' started by FearM9, Feb 15, 2006.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I'm sorta partial to Business Week. Also like Forbes.

I'm looking into getting a subscription to just ONE mag. I don't like reading stuff online especially at home since I have dial up and it takes FOREVER to pull up a page :rolleyes:.

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Plus having the mag version is handy if you ever hit the gym and want to read while on the bike or the stairs. I know you're not a fan of indoor exercise but it does have that plus to it, killing 2 birds with one stone.

Business 2.0 isn't too shappy these days. It was sickening back during the big internet boom. You could put together a company whose business plan was painfully horrible, through a .com in the name, not have a web site, any revenue, or even a product on the market and B2.0 would bend over backward to find a way to claim the company was going to end world hunger. They're a lot better about it now. Probably cuz the bubble burst + they got bought out. I'd take them over BusinessWeek. It's a toss up between them and Forbes.

If you include The Economist as being a business Magazine, they'd win hands down.

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Wall St. Journal -- daily
    Economist -- general weekly
    Biz Week -- buisness weekly

Forbes and Fortune (to a lesser extent) are really becoming executive lifestyle magazines.

4. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I HATE it with a passion, but I do understand that it is a necessary evil. ******** tonight I ended up going to a Cycling class. Sure wish the windchill wasn't in the mid teens otherwise my ass is outside. Don't buy the whole "It's 40 degrees out and it's COLD" gayass excuse.

We get Business 2.0 and F@st Company at the store. I use to read them regularly, but they didn't just grab me like other publications.

Way too spendy for me though.

After much consideration I'm gonna go with Business Week. For a year subscription it's just a hair under $50. If someone can find a cheaper rate please hook a brotha up!!!

5. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    for pure business news, BizWeek is the way to go.
    for an overall view, the Economist is a great read.

6. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Trader Magazine is good if you are into short term investing. It has good articles and discusses strategies. IT also keeps you a breast on how the investing industry is changing with a pretty in depth analysis.

Its harder to find, but major bookstores (Borders, etc) carry it.

I also like Investors Business Daily. For trading and investing it gives you great substance without all the overall fluff of the WSJ.

7. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

May 28, 2003
    Even if just taking the business aspect of it, the Economist wins hands down- there simply isn't another magazine close to its intellectual level