What is wrong with Carlos Pavon?

Discussion in 'Central America' started by Chulamely, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Chulamely

Chulamely New Member

Dec 9, 2006
    New York City
    I'm a huge Carlito Pavon fan..but I don't know what's wrong with him..could be that the age is catching up w/ him..or that he hasn't adapted to playing in the MLS..I really don't know what it is. But one thing for sure he's not the same..It makes me sad because I wanted him to come over to the MLS and own it..just like Luciano Emilio is doing right now. Hopefully he turns things around. Suerte Pavon!:)

2. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He needs more playing time bottom line, he has never been a player that adapts to a league right away, it takes a little bit before he starts scoring. Besides that Galaxy is a struggling team, there midfield does not have any imagination and with Beckham out its basically even less. He needs to be in the field and play from the start, he has never been a good sub, he is a 90 min player or just don't use him.

I'm worried that he is losing his form with the galaxy and that is not good for Honduras. In any case he needs time but most of all playing time and good work from the midfield to get him the ball which rarely has happened when he has played. Just look at the time Beckham gave him good crosses= he scored.

3. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Here's my 2 cents:

1. The Galaxy midfield needs to produce more, Pavon is a box type forward, especially in his latter years. The NY vs LA game is a clear example, Becks was on point and so was Pavon.

2. I don't think Pavon should be used for 2010 anyways, he will be too old. Maybe play in him qualifying (he is definitely still tha man and an improvement over Costly) but that will only take away from Costly's time on the field. Catch 22 for sure.

Later paisas.

4. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    There's nothing wrong with pavon. The problem is that Galaxy is a crap team that has no creativity whatsoever. Even my TFC is better and that's not saying much.