What is the worst movie ever?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by jjayg, Jul 26, 2002.

1. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Eyes Wide Shut

2. irvine

irvine Member

Nov 24, 1998
    S. Portland, ME
    No way. The bit on Philip K. Dick alone was worth it.

Battlefield Earth was a terrible book and a worse movie. I can't remember seeing a movie that was meant to be good and turned out so bad.

And doesn't everybody love Tarkovsky?

3. zverskiy yobar

zverskiy yobar BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 10, 2002
    Anything with john travolta.

4. mkb3

mkb3 Member

Jul 11, 2000
    San Francisco
    I'm turning back the clock, but Caveman was pretty bad. With Ringo Starr and (then?) wife Barbara Bach. Nice cleavage.

On another note, I thought Waking Life was amazing. I guess it all has to do with your mood and what you are expecting from a movie.

I also thought Thin Red Line was a different, and moody, but great war movie.

And Woody Allen rules, but then I think neuroses are kind of fascinating. Probably bec I'm so screwed in the head. :)

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Ah, I was wondering when another one of these threads would emerge. Friends, I love bad movies - the worse they are, the more I enjoy them. The evidence layeth within:

http://www.badmovieplanet.com/3btheater/

The worst of the worst: 'Octaman.' To date it's the only film to ever receive the "18th Amendment" rating on our site. Some choice comments:

That said, here's the best of the worst: 'Robot Monster,' a.k.a. Phil Tucker's magnum opus.
    http://www.badmovieplanet.com/3btheater/r/robotmonster.html

6. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Oh God...

The Royal Tenenbaums

Not the worst by far, but rather very very not good, considering the high praise it received. My bro, my mom and I saw it separately and we all came to the same conclusion: the parts that are supposed to be funny just aren't, but people are confused because the movie comes over as "quirky" and "sophisticated".

A good review for my POV: ign.filmforce.com; it's there somewhere.

7. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    You're Goddamn right! Basically anything from Cameron and Fuckheimer goes on this list. But to further the list:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Con Air
    Enemy of the State
    Bad Boys
    True Lies
    Shakespeare in Love
    Four Rooms
    Erin Brockovich
    Spiderman
    Wing Commander
    Armageddon
    Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except Stone didn't direct it. Brian DePalma did.

The worst two movies I have ever seen (and I have no idea why to this day, except that I think my then-wife wanted to see them) were Mad House which had John Larrouquette and Kirstie Alley in it, they bought some house and things went from bad to worse (like they do), and Funny Farm, which had, as its only redeeming quality, the lovely Madolyn Smith (from Urban Cowboy). But Chevy Chase (who was last funny in Fletch) was horrible, and so was the film.

I never walk out of movies, but I wanted to walk out of the former, and should have walked out of the latter.

Dana Carvey's new one, The Master of Disguise, appears to have a chance to be one of the worst ever.

9. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Any discussion that doesn't include Autumn in New York is just wrong.

Maybe the single biggest waste of resources in the history of film.

10. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Re: Re: What is the worst movie ever?

i'm sorry, but your 'tastes' have been put on my sh1tlist. a truely wonderful movie

11. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
    Bagdad Cafe

4 words:
    Fat Naked German Woman

12. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Piano
    My Father, the Hero
    Speed 2

13. AllStarBCS

AllStarBCS New Member

Aug 7, 1999
    Evanston, IL
    Billy Elliot.

14. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I almost feel bad for him, having his flick open at the same time as the new Austin Powers movie. But then I see the ads featuring the Turtle imitation, and come to the conclusion he's bringing his ill-fortune on himself.

No one had mentioned Con-Air yet. That was awful.

My all-time least-favorite flick... Titanic, though I have to say, I enjoyed watching it when it first came out: I was in Toronto because my wife had a conference to attend. One afternoon, I walked into a theater for a $2 (Canadian) matinee. I think I was the only one there who consistantly sleeps under the same roof. It was great listening to these folks rip on the movie, laughing when Cameron was trying to be profound (and failing), and cheering when the iceberg made its first appearance.

Which is a point that needs to be made: in the proper environment, even bad movies can be enjoyable.

15. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    With regard to Waking Life, I wouldn't say it was one of the worst movies ever. Visually impressive? Yes. Incredibly and insufferably pretentious? Yes. But it wasn't -that- bad.

Now, Manos: the Hands of Fate, on the other hand... even WITH the MST3K commentary, it's almost unwatchable.

16. quicksand

quicksand Member

May 7, 2000
    Brooklyn
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have never understood Travolta. In the 90's his only truly good movie was Pulp Fiction and that would have been good with or without him. Somehow, though, he still wields all this power in Hollywood. Mindblowing.

17. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    Re: Oh God...

the royal tenebaums kicks ass

in terms of worst movie ever, i think Pootie Tang has to be in the running

18. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    Re: Oh God...

:rolleyes:

And people wonder why Americans think all Canadians are idiots.

19. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Lateman arrives.

Dude, you just don't get it.

"You ARE sick." - Eraserhead guy.

20. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Cretin.

Humourless cretin.

21. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    A fine movie. Clever, psuedo deep claptrap, a successor to the fine Slackers.

What the hell were you suspecting?

22. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Ator: Fighting Eagle.

If you imagine a Conan the Barbarian theme, but 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times worse, you have some idea. It 'stars' Graham Norton's hero Miles O'Keefe, and it goes beyond 'so bad it's funny', like a Steven Segal film. It is so bad, you feel like a salted snail just watching it. Here's a line so you can fathom how bad this film is:

"...and the ground trembles like a virgin going to the nuptual bed"-Some priest type telling of bad omens for the evil king.

Other than that, I'd definately put forward Titanic.

23. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    It has been proven on various threads in this section that only retards dislike The Thin Red Line.

24. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Re: Re: What is the worst movie ever?

Yankee braindead scuzbag.

Bad Boys was killer.

[​IMG]

25. mkb3

mkb3 Member

Jul 11, 2000
    San Francisco
    Thanks Oman. For a minute there, I was thinking it was me.