What is the top attacking trio(country)

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by soccerfan220, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    1. Brazil
    2. France
    3. england
    4.Turkey...5. no idea

You did mean the top five trio? Breaking up the five best forwards would be more fun.

2. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    Seeing as people are making their own contributions. I will add Wales.
    Bellamy - Hartson - Giggs.
    Power, Pace and Flair. I would prefer those 3 to a lot of others mentioned in my national team.

3. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    TOTC: NO, Akers-Hamm-Milbrett!

4. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, everybody on Bigsoccer knows it.
    You're the ONLY person who doesn't know that everybody else is having fun with it. Seriously, you need to stop worrying about this.

My pick for top attacking trio in the world:

Adu and two drunk hobos.

5. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    I mean, playing today. If I wanted all-time, I would have taken Pele, Roberto Carlos, and Ronaldo.

(BTW, did you see Ms. Hamm added to the total on Sunday? God, she's good!)

6. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Are you stupid or ignorant??

7. puma182

puma182 New Member

May 8, 2002
    Best Attacking Trios

1. Brazil
    2. Turkey
    3. USA
    4. England
    5. Senegal

I refuse to include France in the top 5. They couldn't even score a single goal in the entire world cup, an event in which they came in as the defending champions. (this one goes in the history books along with the Maginot Line in WWII).

8. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I love America and all but I can't imagine including the U.S. in the top five. in the world cup we scored, in order two goals (plus own goal), one goal, one goal, two goals, no goals. that's not exactly setting the world on fire.
    I think we have enough young players that we might get there in the next 3-5 years, but not right now.

just my thoughts.

9. silahsiz kuvvet

silahsiz kuvvet New Member

Sep 12, 2002
    istanbul
    Hakan SUKUR, Hasan SAS, Ilhan MANSIZ
    and also Arif ERDEM who played a great game against Slovakia

10. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Ringo: So an own goal doesn't count? We scored 7 goals. One less than Korea who got 4th in the WC. Then we could definitely arguably be in the top five.

11. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    The only team we scored less than in the quarter final was Spain.... so based on the WC we would be on the border line. TOTC: Roberto Carlos-Ronaldo-Pele? Are you kidding? No way. It should be Garrincha-Ronaldo-Pele or Tostao Ronaldo Pele. Roberto Carlos isn't even the second best attacking player on this Brazil team. And this wasn't their best team. Rivaldo is better than R Carlos, and if it wasn't one of the ones I just listed, it would have Leonidas, Romario, Ademir, Gerson, Jairzinho, Didi, Vava, or Zico on it. But not Roberto Carlos!

12. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    We also gave up more goals in the Group Stage than anyone tah advanced. Hell we had a negative GD, and double hell, we gave up more goals than we did in the group stage in France 98. So does that mean that 98 was better than 02?

13. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    according to your logic, Poland's trio and Germany's trio should be above the USA's one. And Korea's trio should at least be on the same line. Afterall, Korea outshot USA 19-6.

14. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Are you kidding me treetaliano? we got last in 98' eigth in '02

15. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccer fan, man .... i worry about you sometimes. one run in a tournament and you're ready to build statues for the u.s. attackers. what have u.s. attackers done over the last five years or so? not much. the worry with the u.s. has always been where will the goals come from. one good month doesn't mean the problem is solved. if they do it over time, maybe they're up there. not now.
    i love the team and all, but we're not exactly an offensive juggernaut.

16. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

no it doesn't count .... we're talking about how many goals the u.s. scored. the u.s. didn't score the own goal. that's what an own goal means. got it?

17. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Them, too. Man, it's hard to pick just three!

18. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Ringo: if you haven't figured it out I'm purposely being biased.... I know they aren't, I am just trying to argue for it the best i can...lol

19. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    If own goals didn't count, then we would have beaten Portugal 2-1, and Agoos wouldn't have had as much of a crappy WC. Spain would have beaten Paraguay 3-0 and Brazil woudn't have gtten out of the first round in 98'....

20. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no, you're missing my point .... if you're talking about top attacking trios, you need to count the goals THEY scored. The american scoring trio didn't score the own goal. In the final score, the own goal counts. duh. but in adding up scoring stats, it doesn't count.
    everything clear yet?

21. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    when an own goal is scored, the attacking team must of put a good amount of pressure on and have had the opposing team on their backs. A goal is scored by attacking succesfully, whether an own goal or not.

22. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

blah, blah, blah, blah .... it doesn't count.

23. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Brazil: Ronaldinho-Rivalda-Ronaldo Sincerity!

Germany: Ballack-Klose-Neuville They were lacking refs forward progress.

Italy: DP-Totti-Vieri Few great attempts found its wayward path disruppted by defense of six to eight.

Argentina: Veron-Crespo-Saviola They were cloaked and daggered.

France: Zidane-Trezeguet-Henry The Cup is still half full!

England: Beckham-Hensky-Owen Argentina was expected and the passion dwendled into abyss.

Holland: Kluivert-Nilsterooy-Hasselbiank The shoemaker's hospitality prepared for convention.

Spian: Medieta-Raul-Joaquinn The neoteric nucleus was "Dances with Wolves".

USA: Reyna-Donaven-Mathis Good not great, you want great added Wolf or McBride. You want good take Beasley or Reyna; hence thier past preformances.

Turkey: Hasan Sas- Mansiz-Hakan Surkur These bunch are new to scene! A first goal totaling six games is worth epoch adventures.

Sweden: Ljunberg-Larrson-Ibrahimovic The New Jersey's Coast findings fossilized flea that was somewhat utilitarianism of hair.

Sengal: Diouf-Fadiga-Camera Runner's take your mark, get set, gooooooooooooo!