What is the problem/solution with Bayern Munich?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by kotto_bass, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kotto_bass

kotto_bass New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Guys, let's keep this simple. It does not seem as complex as it really is. The problem is that Bayern is not playing teamwork right now. Too many superstars, and too much expectation from each superstar. The team is not playing TOGETHER enough! That's the problem.
    The solution is simple. Change the tactics (maybe go as far as changing the coach). That's all. Bayern is now very predictable in Europe, and to lose a game against Lyon in Munich is a BIG problem. Bayern needs to keep it simple and each 'superstar' needs to contribute 100%. If Ballack is having an off-day and not contributing enough, take him out. If Makaay scores one goal and relaxes, take him off.
    Keep the pressure ON, and you'll see results! Bayern doesn't have to wait to lose against Lyon before they beat Dortmund 4-1 after hitting the woodwork 3 times! The team doesn't necessarily need a 'leader' like Effenberg to suceed. The team needs PRESSURE and COHESION!

2. kahn_wannabe

kahn_wannabe New Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Ont. Can.
    They are overconfident they don't play as a team the only 2 players i find that work with the team are deisler and ballack the rest wanna be the one-man army and it doesnt work. i think they did good in that game, 4-1 is a pretty good score but they can do better. By the way dude, I think you are over-rating effenberg, the leader they need and have is KAHN!!!!!!!!! Why would he be the captain?

3. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    I don't know, I have no idea what is going on with this team but changing coaches wouldn't be ideal to me. I believe he is the best man for the job currently and wouldn't want to see him go anytime soon.

I agree with you kotto_bass that the problem lies in overconfidence that one or two players are going to spark some brilliance and win the match for the team without team play. But I also think that beacause we have no real leader it's hard for the team to get a kick up the arse when they are slacking off. Kahn is brilliant as a GK but he can't be the captain at goal, he's just too far away from the players. The ideal captain is in midfield because that is where games are controlled and won.

4. kahn_wannabe

kahn_wannabe New Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Ont. Can.
    Maybe, but wouldn't you think that you can't just make some loser captain he has to be good. Kahn is the captain for germany and germany does fine, I don't understand because bayern munich and the german national team are pretty much the same yet bayern seems to struggle much more against teams that are being religated.

5. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    I don't think anyone disagrees with the assessment that that Bayern isn't playing as a team, and that's why they've had such poor performances. Those of us who were referring to Effenberg's absence weren't commenting on his skills as a player, but were looking for a reason or remedy to the problem. So, does anyone have any recommendations about how to fix this?

Team spirit cannot be bought; nor can a team leader. Bayern plays very well as a team when everything is going well--then it's Zauberfussball time, and it sure looks nice. It's when things aren't going perfectly that the team is having problems. The traditional solution, when the problem persits, is to fire the coach. But I don't see another coach out there, available, who could do justice.

The solution has to come from within the team, and from the players. Maybe sticking with a regular line-up more often would be beneficial. But considering Bayern's misfortune with injuries every season, that does not seem possible.

My recommendation is to return to the old (winning) ways, where defence takes precedence. Doesn't look nice, but it doesn't lose games, and sure could win a few. Nowhere in the rules does it say that soccer has to be pretty--although it's best when played with with joy and vigor. But it does say in the rules that it's better when your opponent doesn't score on you.

6. erwink

erwink New Member

Mar 29, 2003
    california
    I am tired of hearing about people wanting to replace Hitzfeld. He won the champions league in 1997 and 2001! He is not the problem. For one, they do not have a world class playmaker. Their build-ups are slow. Deisler never plays long enough to find a consistent level of excellence. Ballack disappears for 30-40 minutes of almost every game. The back line is vulnerable in the central defense. There are many problems, but it is not coaching. They are not as good as the top 5 clubs in the world. In fact, they are probably not as good as Stuttgart.

7. kahn_wannabe

kahn_wannabe New Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Ont. Can.

Well said, but bayern only seems to let in goals off of a simple little mistake but still they don't get scored on alot. The team plays with the impression that since they won last year they will win this year but as you can see even the club that was close to religation is doing better than bayern which is bayern leverkusen for they don't have that many great players but they work as a team munich can learn a thing or two from them.

8. kahn_wannabe

kahn_wannabe New Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Ont. Can.
    They do have the potential to be better than stuttgart but stuttgart's defence work together creating one of the best defensive line-up in the world.

9. kotto_bass

kotto_bass New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Missing the point...

You guys seem to be missing the point. The whole idea now is that Bayern is very predictable in Europe. Sooner or later, even with the best coach, the weakest team will understand your game plan. As someone suggested, maybe Bayern should revert to their old style of defensive play.
    After everything, what the team needs is MOTIVATION and new ideas. Maybe a 5-4-1 formation occasionally. We don't have to be screaming Ballack or Deisler everyday. If they are having an off-day, TAKE THEM OUT! For Bayern to succeed, it does not have to depend on ANYONE. Not even Ballack or Hitzfeld. The strange thing here is that those same guys can beat top teams. They are just not hungry enough and have LOST their killer instinct! Reminds me of France (with a better team) in the last world cup...

10. kahn_wannabe

kahn_wannabe New Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Ont. Can.
    Re: Missing the point...

A 5-4-1 formation is a little too defensive, a much better one would be the 5-3-2 formation plenty of defenders and enough strikers to get some goals to win. Also I believe that some teams have better things to do than sit there and analyze every temas game plan.

11. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    Bayern simply need to put more emphasis on defence, and they need to stop making little mistakes! Many of the goals we concede are from small mistakes. Attacking we're not that bad. If we don't improve soon we might be knocked out of a Champion's League group we should easily win!! :(

12. kahn_wannabe

kahn_wannabe New Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Ont. Can.

I don't really think that bayern can win easily, they can win but there are many good teams out there take real madrid for example they got star players on every position. Last champions league I don't think bayerns accomplishment was great but they can still win.

13. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    I think we are already out

14. kahn_wannabe

kahn_wannabe New Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Ont. Can.

Yup, we really sucked this year... Although I don't think we're out yet...

15. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Celtic haven't been beaten at home for 60+ matches, I can only forsee a draw at best and if that happens whether we qualify or not is out of our hands.

A loss? Say bye bye to another year of Champions League football.

16. kahn_wannabe

kahn_wannabe New Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Ont. Can.
    they havent been beaten because scotland has some sort of funny smell.