What is the best novel of Stephen King?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by aisanface, Aug 17, 2002.

1. aisanface

aisanface New Member

Jun 9, 2001
    Seoul Korea
    Carrie? The Shining? Cujo? It? Misery? The Green Mile? Dolores Claiborne? Desperation?
    What?...

2. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Desperation was the point where I stopped reading King and started reading Koontz.

3. PassionOfTheFoot

Feb 12, 2002
    Incheon, South Korea
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Shining. It was the only book I have ever read that stopped me from walking in the dark.

4. irvine

irvine Member

Nov 24, 1998
    S. Portland, ME
    I have to go with Salem's Lot, just because it's scary for two reasons: one, the vampires are well done, and two, the portrait of a small town eating itself alive is really excellent. The book of King's that I think is most likely to survive a hundred years.

Also I like The Shining, The Stand, and Misery.

And Koontz is a waste of your time no matter what you read, except Watchers and Strangers.

5. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    In my opinion all his best books are from the 70's and 80's. He started to suck in the 90's he didn't have one true classic from then on till today.

6. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "It" scared me away from sewer grates for several years, but in terms of overall quality, I'd have to go with "The Stand".

I actually like some of his recent stuff, especially "Bag of Bones" and "The Green Mile". They're more literary and less scary, but still quite good. I think they'll be teaching "Green Mile" to high school kids a few decades from now.