What is it with Thursday's?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Dead Fingers, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

I do charity work for UNICEF and was awarded 1st prize.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Work for Mazda Europe. :eek:

Haha thanks, ok enjoy.

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    what were you doing to the children? :eek:

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Ssssh!! bluedaddy19 might be watching :D

5. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    Mazda, you mean "Mein Auto Zerstört Deutsche Arbeitsplätze"? :D

Some time ago I was driving my mother's old Premacy and it felt like driving an oil-tanker, you guys should improve the steering. To geht the know-how you could employ some jobless costumized-BMW-drivers. Should be no problem, in Cologne they probably make about 20% of the whole population.. :eek:

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    The only plant in Europe is in Belgium, so it's Mein Auto Zerstört Belgische Arbeitsplätze :D

Hey I am in Marketing, take it up with Customer Service and anyways I am leaving this company next friday!!!

What is costumized BMW drivers?

7. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I'm staying out of that one. You guys sure are having some run ins lately :confused:

8. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany

Hmm....no, when the plant is in Belgium, it makes belgian working-places, but destroys german ones by taking away market shares from german companies by selling their cars for fair prices. ;)

Ah ok...but tell them that the "Zoom Zoom Zoom" slogan is awful before you leave!!
    I mean people who drive customized BMWs. My english isn't very good, I know. :D I'm trying to improve it, one of the main reasons I'm on this forum, so what is the right expression? "Drivers of customized BMWs"?
    Cologne is not only the capital of homosexuals, but also of these guys...

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Haha oops! I went to university I swear..

German companies aren't really that considerate, outsourcing... Bayer anyone?

I know what you mean about Zoom Zoom Zoom, it really gets on my nerves especially this secretary that sits near me has it play everytime she gets mail.

Ahh I see what you mean, hey I happen to think customized european cars are nice!

10. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I'm LordR on this one. Zoom Zoom Zoom has got to go. It has tainted our collective unconcious. Hey what happens when you play it backwards? Any hidden messages?

11. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    My geometric friend--is that Kurosawa?

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Why yes it is.
    :cool:

Are you a fan of his?

13. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    a huge fan of Toshiro Mifuni--the baddest/funniest MOFO ever!

I just pick up Throne of Blood which I will be watching shortly. I actually have a Mifune Avatar ready to be unleashed soon. But don't you enjoy my knee shot avatar? :cool:

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Haha yes the wolf kicks arse!

Throne of Blood is really good!! It's up there with Seven Samurai, ohh now I wish there was somewhere I could rent some old Samurai movies.

Kurosawa has to be one of the greatest directors ever, it's too bad there aren't more people that emulate him with current trends.

Your avatar... I didn't quite understand it at first hehe, but yes it looks nice.
    I was trying to make a Zatoichi avatar but the file was too big... damn you BigSoccer!

15. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    My avatar is actually my knee x ray after surgery. I have not seen the latest Zatoichi, with the new guy. But, I think they have released pretty much or close to every Zatoichi movie
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-5810733-9000842

I am waiting for "Sword of Doom" to be released with Nakadai (Bad ASS #2)
    we should have Samurai Avatar week in the near future

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Ouch!! May I ask how you got this injury?
    Hehe I thought it was a cartoon silhouette x ray of a person with something inside.
    The new Zatoichi was a little silly, but I enjoyed it just for the Samurai feel to. Takeshi Kitano is a badass mofo too.

17. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    Oh...that must have hurt. :eek: :(
    Did your surgeon forget it in there? You could sue the clinic for a few million dollars... ;)

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

I think I have been living in America too long, I keep thinking there's so many things you could sue for here in Germany.

19. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    My surgery January 26th of this year. Playing soccer/football last year in a indoor league I notice something moving in my knee. I have also had bad joints as well. Well the Doctor siad I have this wonderul condition called OCD (osteochondritas dissecans). He said mine started probably about 15-20 years ago when I was a teenager. What is it? Partial blood loss to parts of the bone, usually occurs in young boys in their knees or elbows. On top of this wonderful movement in my leg it had been affecting my walk and started to make my leg a little bowlegged. This was not even noticeable, but under x ray you could see the movement.

My surgery was performed by one of the best at Fairview Hospital on the University of Minnesota's campus. It really is nice to live in a state that has great health care.

what did they do? They removed the OCD leison and filled it with a cadaver tissue plug and added cadaver cartilage to my own. Ye I am the walking dead :eek: ON Top of that--they performed an Osteotomy, where they saw a wedge into your leg, reset the leg and pack it with more cadaver tissue. In the middle of the hardware you can see the white streak, which was the packing of tissue. The hardware will pretty much always be in there for now.

The surgery lasted about 3 hours, the boredom lasted for 3-4 months. The first 2 months I could not be weight bearing. I aslo had to be in a machine that moved my leg 10 hours a day. This helped alleviate the atrophy in my leg. after 2 months I could tart little by little to put weight on the leg. Around late April and May I could slowly start walking without crutches. For the last 6 months I have been biking, swimming, and lifting. I see my doctor next month for my yearly checkup. whew!

what can I take from this. I will never play indoor league soccer again, I will try to play some outdoor this summer, but I play on a coed league, thus it is not too competative. Also, ironically enough, if it wasn't for the soccer, I probably would have gone several more years before the condition would have reached a point where the only option was knee replacement, i.e., I would not have noticed it. Hell, I am only 35. So everybody, remember to strengthen those knees :)

20. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    I'm glad this isn't a swiss army knife, that was forgotten by the surgeon... Hope you had health insurance. :)

21. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    parts (cadever, metal plate and screws)
    labor (surgery & incidentals(medications, hospital stay, etc..) )between 15-20k

Insurance covered most. I ended up paying approx $2,500 out of my pocket. This seems fairly reasonable. :rolleyes:

22. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did my Left ACL about 10 years ago... still playing on it with a couple screws and a beautiful "zipper" scar to go with it. Now days it is a simple inch long incision. Oh well.

Hope your recovery is sound. Balance is the most important thing... balance overall, but muscle balance in particular. Make sure you are not compensating with the other leg (yes... I am still talking about knees here!). ;)

Hey, it happens to the best of us. Ask Gorlitz.

23. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I have the nic 5-6 inch scar as well, due to the equipment installation ;)
    I work out 4-5 times a week For the the last 5 months I have been doing cycling and weights, which is a good balnce. With winter coming on I am doing the staionary bike, less weights and will be adding light jogging soon