what international tournaments can Israel bid for ??

Discussion in 'Israel' started by w-inds., Feb 13, 2010.

1. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
    when Israel were in AFC, they hosted Asian Cup once...

Israel are unlikely to bid for World Cup, European Championship, or Olympic Games...

how about Champions League final, Europa League final, UEFA Under-21 Championship ...???

2. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    if they finally build the new stadiums and we get some agrement with the palis i think a european championship can be done, we have nice cities, people will have tons of activity to do after and before the games, nice weather, i think it would be a hit...:D

3. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
    minimum stadia-requirements
    * 2 stadiums with 50,000 seats
    * 3 stadiums with 40,000 seats
    * 4 stadiums with 30,000 seats

when will Israel satisfy for requirements??

4. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    well them not quite...these are some stadiums being built in Israel right now

Haifa 32,000
    [​IMG]

Beer Sheva 32,000
    [​IMG]

Netanya 24,000 (wich can easily be expanded to 30,000)
    [​IMG]

5. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Petach Tikva for 24,000 (also can be expanded to 30,000)
    [​IMG]

plus the new Ramat Gan wich is going to be for 60,000

and u have some stadiums wich can be upgraded like

Teddy Maicha 21,000 (not finished yet, his capacity should be for at least 30,000 but i heard there are plans to make it for 40,000)
    [​IMG]

Bloomfield 16,000 (if they build a second tier it can be extended to 30,000)
    [​IMG]

6. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    there is also Haberfeld stadium in Rishon Le Zion who is supposed to be for 32,000 in the final stage
    [​IMG]

and there is also Levita stadim un Kfar Saba, that can also be upgraded
    [​IMG]

so in general we could have
    7 - 30,000 stadiums
    1 - 40,000
    1 - 60,000

i think we could pull off something with those stadiums, plus there are several smaller stadiums being built, plus 1 in Ashdod for 8,000 that if Israel says it wants to host this kind of tournament i guess they will built it with a bigger capacity...

7. BenSahar

BenSahar New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    You hear alot of talks about new stadiums in Israel, but when are they going to start building them? It's gonna take 15 years before we have a stadiums with 60,000 & 40,000. So far the only 30,000+ which I think they have started on is the new Haifa stadium.

On which I hope they use this design instead btw:
    [​IMG]

8. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    i like the old design of Haifa as well, i hope it gets build in Tel Aviv, for Maccabi cause Bloomfield is getting ripped with 3 teams playing there...anyways the 60,000 stadium is a fact it will get build in max 5 yrs, this is a plan by the IFA and also the players from the NAT team requested to hurry up this cause they feel the fans are too far and they dont feel like they have home advantage, besides other stadiums, Netanya/Petach Tikva already started a while ago, and Beer Sheva also started this week, we do need some kind of tournament to get our facilities upgraded in a massive way, i think the fans based in Israel should send a letter to Avi Luzon, explaining why we need this and the benefits we can get from this, not only in the stadia area, but also in transportation, hotel infrastructure, and most of all get Israel good publicity wich we desperately need....

9. BenSahar

BenSahar New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    What they decided for the ugly one?? nooooooo :(

This is great news indeed! You know where I can read about the 60,000 stadium in english? I so far only found Hebrew which I don't understand.

10. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    sorry mate the article i read was in hebrew, BTW i forgot about a plan for another 60,000 stadium in Ayalon park, so this would mean 2 (two) 60,000 stadiums