What if.......

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by that'sthecrewforyou, Jul 9, 2005.

1. that'sthecrewforyou

that'sthecrewforyou New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Indy
    I've just had an interesting thought. What If Matt Taylor goes on a second half goal scoring tear like Aleco Eskadarian did last year and catches Bruce Arena's eye. He get's called up to the Trinadad & Tobagogame and is a last minute sub. Does well and gets called up to the mexico. Of course this dosen't go well with Chivas USA's fan's. What does Chivas USA do ?

2. Magi-Raistlin

Magi-Raistlin New Member

Sep 26, 2003
    SC
    Interesting hypothetical. What could Chivas USA do? Honestly, I think it would be good for the team as it would give them more credibility as a solid football team. I don't forsee, a lot of Chivas USA fans getting upset.

3. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I'm a CDCU fan. I have no problem with him being called up to the USMNT. More power to him!

4. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way it happens. Alecko didn't even much action with the USNT last year during/after his good season. It would take at least 1.5 years of solid MLS play combined with showing well in your first couple caps to make it as a US regular to get called into play Mexico or any WCQ game.

I think El Token will get a USA callup someday, but it will be for a meaningless friendly...

5. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Guzan has a good shot at USMNT future a few years down the line.

6. that'sthecrewforyou

that'sthecrewforyou New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Indy
    Well if Taylor does go on tear and gets on the on th USMNT team Chivas USA shouldn't release him , because a good Matt Taylor with Juan Pablo Garcia/ Palencia would be fun to watch, but he would'nt be as well marketed if he was somewhere else.

7. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    If Taylor or any other CDCU player was on the USMNT, that would be the greatest thing ever! It's kinda like when Hernandez played for the Galaxy, but not really since CDCU is a self proclaimed Mexican team.

Hell, this Rodrigo Lopez guy is with the us u-18s and if they get Sammy Ochoa, he's in the US youth system also.

Talk about your melting pots...

8. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taylor has certainly earned his keep in the last several games...he's probably the best forward currently on the roster

9. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Absolutely. I just hope he can keep playing the way he is right now once Juan Pablo Garcia gets here. They'll really be dangerous then.

10. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know its a little different, but take it friom a Rev fan, you will have a problem with it. We all love the USMNT but take a journey over to our boards and you'll see how little love Da Bruce gets over there. It just gets anoying when he takes your best player(s) and when you watch the game they either don't play, get subbed in late, or subbed out early. I know its a privaledge frot he players but I don't care for Gold Cup, and we know we will qualify for the world cup. So when you see your player as just a "I wanna see what he can do" kind of player on the National team and your local team is suffering during that time, it just feels wrong.

RRRREV IT UP