What if Amsterdam had one more Club?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Adrian P., Sep 22, 2003.

1. Forza AZ

Forza AZ New Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Alkmaar
    I heard some time ago that Türkiyemspor might want to become pro.

I don't think it will be a good idea. As it's a team with only "foreign"-supporters, I think it will give a lot of trouble with supporters from other teams.

2. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    I don't think I feel too warm and fuzzy about there being anyone besides Ajax. However, I would hate whoever the second club would be with an undying passion.

3. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It's mostly 'foreign' support so you might be right. Turkiyemspor already get quite some trouble and they feel a bit discriminated when it comes to certain KNVB decisions that are not in their advantage.

I can't say I have a problem with Turkiyemspor and they would have my support if they become pro. It might even turn out to be a shining example of 'we can all get along'. Who knows?

4. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Over here I think the club could probably count on a lot of support from Ajax supporters. The time when clubs like Blauw-Wit and DWS were reasonably well supported Ajax rivals are long gone and probably won't come back as well.

It would be an interesting situation as this new cluub would offer things that (fanatical) Ajax supporters miss at Ajax.

I'm not going to hate any club from A'dam. The enemy resides in rotterdam, utrecht, den haag and... well... eindhoven.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know this 2nd A'dam team might become everyone's 2nd team because they are battling the big boys or Ajax.

Is that enought to survive? No, but if they come up with some money to start - they could mount an attack.

6. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Nobody says they have to be a eredivisie side, the cheap solution would be an Amsterdam team playing in Eerster Divisie and then once in a 10 year play in the Eredivisie much like Excelsior to Feyenoord, it could even happen that they could become an feeder club for Ajax.

I also heard that Turkiyemspor want to go pro, but I heard that it's a relatively young club, would a club with merely no history and a strong fanbase be able to survive in Amsterdam? maybe, but I think if DWS or Blau-Witt re-emerged they would have bigger chance to survive than Turkiyemspor.

7. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think the chances are equal, maybe even better for Turkiyemspor.

8. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Why would you mean Turikyemspor have bigger chance to succeed?

9. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well... it's a bit of a simple redenation so it might not make as much sense as it appears at first.

DWS and Blauw-wit's supporters are aging. A lot of old folks.

Turkiyemspor is quite new and has gotten quite some attention over the past 4 years.

Besides that, Turkiyemspor was founded by Turks (duh), has a Dutch headcoach and a very colourful squad.

Add to that the fact that under age 24 almost 60% of the Amsterdammers are from Turkish, North African, Surinamese, whatever descent (and identify with this a great deal) it seems to me that they might have a bigger attraction overall, especially in the future.

OTOH, a club like Blauw wit or DWS might attract 1000 to 4000 Ajax fans (depending on game, opposition and prices) a match.

10. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Well off course I was aware of aging fans but real football fans learn their sons to be fan of the same blub :)) unfortunately not!!!

YOu have a point didn't really there were so many 2nd generation dutch in Amsterdam.

But if DWS or Blau-witt could attract 1-4k of Ajax fans in the matches thats better than I thought..... Sparta Rotterdam have around 4k in the eerste divisie right?

11. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    A bit more I believe. Not sure.