What if Amsterdam had one more Club?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Adrian P., Sep 22, 2003.

1. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    In one of my older threads we were discussing the possibility about anyone of the well supported Dutch amateur teams wanted to go pro, and the answer was no due to the fright of losing the popular derbyes.

But here it's more about have some of the once pro teams any ambitions in getting Pro again? In a small town like Vlaardingen you understand why they don't want to try to have a pro team again but what about a major City as Amsterdam.

Amsterdam had once FC Amsterdam a Merger between 3 other Amsterdam teams as DWS, Blau-Witt and De Volewijckers all 3 are playing in the 3-5 klasse so popular local derbyes want be a issue fans would not be interested in watching football in that low levels. But take a team as DWS they have tradition..... even a Dutch Championship and a history of having a pro team.

I'm not talking about a team DWS should be the next Ajax because they wouldn't be able to.... but see Rotterdam they have besides Feyenoord also Sparta and Excelsior. A second Amsterdam team could be playing at the Olympic stadium that have been upgraded a bit a couple of years ago if they don't wanna share the Arena with Ajax.

What do you think?

2. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I dunno.

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    and i don't care

4. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    What about the possibility of a Amsterdam Derby?

5. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It would take a lot of time to get used to it. And I don't think it wil be a big succes.

6. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    I know and that didn't happen with the FC Amsterdam........ But if it is DWS that has a older history maybe this could happen.

To make a club culture on a A new Amsterdam team sure that would take amny years, but DWS must have somekind af a old Fanbase they can build up from, FC Amsterdam which DWS was a huge part of existed for all untill 1980.

Do anyone know the average for the last seasons of FC Amsterdam.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There has to be room for another team in A'dam, but the tough part would be raising the sponsorship money and I'm sure everyone in Amsterdam has been brainwashed to support Ajax as well.

8. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Yeah..... but until 1980 there were an alternative ti Ajax.

Think about Rotterdam city with almost same size, Almost same size club and same number af gates, they have a quite well supported team as Sparta, and even have the miniput Excelsior.

It must bee able. But I agree with you Panicfc I once heard that one of the reason why AZ slumbed after their Championship were that even in Alkmaar all Sponsors were saying Ajax.

9. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    By the way how do I post images on a thread on the board?

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Excelsior survives thanks to Feyenoord's partnership with them. Sparta is slowing dropping out of sight as well.

Ajax sucks up all the money and media attention in A'dam, and for a majority of the N'lands I believe.

--Images

okay find your image on the net, then cut and paste it between

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quote this post to see how it works.

11. RutgerB

RutgerB New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    occupied Dietsland
    By putting the link of the image between img tags.
    [ img ]http://www.link.com/image.gif [ /img ]
    This without the spaces will make:
    [​IMG]

If you dont get it yet, quote this message and look at what I wrote in ubbcode.

12. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    OK Thanks guys I will try to do that

13. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    So when I want to show images on the board I can't see if I'm succesfull or not before I have posted the Image?

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, but if not, you can use the edit button.

15. RutgerB

RutgerB New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    occupied Dietsland
    Dont forget the " Preview Reply" button :p

16. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Well then I jsut have to make an test thread somewhere just to check the first time :)

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Use the slow chat thread. Its perfect

18. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure there are other lower division teams in Amsterdam - they just have to get the right players and success to be promoted to the Eredivisie - then you've got your Amsterdam derby.

Look at Bayern Munich and 1860 Munich. 1860 for a while was bouncing around between divisions, but now they've stabilized as a solid 1.Bundesliga side and the derby exists. That's exactly what another lower division Amsterdam club must do.

19. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    It's true that Turkiyemspor Amsterdam and Amsterdamsche FC are playing in the Hoofdklasse (3rd level), but you are forgetting that dutch football are quite unique in Europe with no promotion and relegation (excepts between Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie).

20. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Ajax already has a major rival, actually they have many of them, why do they need a derby?

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost as bad as MLS not having any promo/relegation :D

It just had to be said

22. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Yeah.... no relegation and promotion sucks.... but according to others the top amateur teams in the Hoofdklasse don't want Promotion and relegation.

23. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    90% of Dutch matches would be considered a derby in most places anyway.

Amsterdam and Utrecht are +- 20 miles apart from each other. Amsterdam and rotterdam +- 50.

24. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Saying that 100% of all matches in Andorra would also be considered derby'es

No serious it's the same in Denmark, but seriously thats something the medias have made up In Denmark there are only one real heated Derby thats by the fan considered as an real derby thats Brondby VS FC Copenhagen.

25. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We've got quite a few of those.

But anyway, I don't think another A'dam pro team would manage financially, but on the other hand a lot of Ajax fans might take a look there. I don't think there would be any rivalry.

Another A'dam team in the Eredivisie would mean a lot of extra work for police though.