What happens when Beckham returns?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Tarka, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Topside

Topside New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Re: Ronaldo is not as good as Beckham

C Ronaldo is 19 years of age! Yes Beckham is better at delivering the ball etc. but this comes with age/experience.

Let me remind you all that at 19 years of age Beckham was on loan to Preston.

Ronaldo is already an exciting player, in a few years time, with the right coaching, he will be fantastic and IMO better than Beckham.

Beckham never wanted to leave Man Utd. It was Ferguson that got rid of him.

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would rather have had Beckham, someone who brought dozens of goals and even more assists with his marvellous crosses to the strikers. Ronaldo is still all flash and nowhere near enough consistent end product, he could well add that end product to his game and become a world beater, but I have heard this about so many players and it's certainly not guaranteed.

Look at United's results since Ferguson swapped Ronaldo and Beckham, Ronaldo has not contributed serious goals and assists at all. Wake me up when he does, until then, no contest.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Beckham is now back at training. Let's see what will happen. He will play, but at the expense of whom.

4. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    Anyone want to know what has happened since Becks has come back?

WE SUCK!

I don't mean to go off on a rant now, but I truly feel that he is the single most worthless player of our starting 11. Although Figo and ZZ looked pretty winded at the end of the game, they surely did more for the team than Becks did when he wasn't winded.

I think that he was a fine player with Man U, but he has not fit into the RM system at all... and I don't think that we should keep him playing when it costs us so much.

I wish that he hadn't scored those few goals at the start of the season... then maybe we wouldn't think that he has really added anything to this team this year.

He is completely incapable of helping move the ball forward into any attack. All he does is pass the ball laterally or backwards. Neither is what we need.

Don't get me started about his defensive skills. I can't say much about them cause he doesn't have any.

And, what about that wasted pass to Ronaldo today vs. Barca? That was one of our best chances of the day and all for nothing.

I'm not saying that he is the only problem with this team. But, I am pointing to him as the person that needs to go FIRST.

A celebrity can sure sell a good number of shirts but in my opinion, a good team can sell a lot more. We need to start buying players that the team can make into household names rather than be the team that is remembered for thier demise.

There is sure a lot of egg on Perez's face. I would love to take my foot to it to help clean it off...

5. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am tired of your one-note song, gringotuna. You don't see the forest for the trees. I agree with you to a point, that Beckham would do better as a right-mid than in the center. Many other people on Big Soccer have said the same. Beckham plays better with his back to the sideline & he can get his long passes and/or crosses off. But his defense is no worse than Zidane's & certainly better than Raul or Figo's. And if you are suggesting that playing Celades is an improvement on Beckham in any way, shape or form - well that is just incomprehensible to me.

As I recall gringotuna, you made the same sort of negative remarks about Perez when Camacho ran away. Strange how you have been silent while RM has made its comeback. Perez is a genius and he sees the big picture. Perez does not run away when things go wrong. Weren't you one of the ones crying for a defensive midfielder & it turns out we had a world class one sitting on the bench that the coaches didn't even use? Perhaps you have noticed him, his name is Guti. If there are things to work out on the field, and there are, then I suggest the coach has a role to play.

Real Madrid has 2 stiffs playing in the middle of our defense now that Helguerra is hurt. The idea that Beckham is somehow our biggest problem doesn't wash with me. And I love your except for the games he won, he hasn't done anything arguement. Please listen to yourself and get over the Beckham & Perez hatred.

6. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    you can't blame one player for loses....and i wouldnt say real madrid suck now...they're jus struggling.....lets all just hope when WOODGATE RETURNS ( if he does)...well start our winning ways

i have this gut feeling Figo will leave this summer....especially if we fail to win the division.....with this happening...id like to see solari go to the left wing...instead of spending 20+ million on a "galactico", since solari has been doing pretty good...with this beckham will probably go to the right wing, his normal position and where he does well IMO

7. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope that after this display, Becks (and just about all of them) redoubles the efforts to play with some ferocity and pride.

8. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    'I can do more than sell shirts'

David Beckham is confident he can do more than sell shirts for Real Madrid.

The England captain's inclusion in the Real team brushed aside 3-0 by Spanish League rivals Barcelona at the weekend was described in the press as little more than a means of selling Madrid merchandise to global consumers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3184360

9. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Remon fighting in Becks' corner

Real Madrid coach Mariano Garcia Remon has jumped to the defense of David Beckham.

The England captain copped most of the criticism following the 3-0 'El Derby' defeat to Barcelona, with some suggesting he was only selected to 'sell shirts'.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3187622

10. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    GringoTuno has no hatred for anyone... just "constructive criticism". Maybe similar to MGR... and look how well we played today when Becks was taken off. I think today was a perfect example of Addition by Subtraction: our best asset is Beck's removal.

There is no hate here....

11. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough, but I still think you were over the top. I guess we see things differently as far as Beckham being on the pitch. RM has bigger challenges in my eyes.