What happened to the Kenny Arena thread?

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by FIXXXER, Oct 25, 2002.

1. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    Anyone know why it's missing today? Conspiracy theories welcome...

2. ncguy

ncguy New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    NC
    The obvious culprit is Courtney. Too obvious IMO, come on, the Mod and a boisterous UVA fan. I am more inclined to lean towards someone beyond reproach like Sandon. I believe he tipped his hand in the ODU thread. Upside comments about Kenny and even using an old Bruce Arena term.

3. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Conspiracy maybe... but certainly ironic. That the thread should disappear seems to reinforce the point of the original argument.

4. k1v1n

k1v1n New Member

May 4, 2002
    Medical

Just as an aside to the original thread about college players being public figures and open to public scrutiny/criticism--that may be true but it doesn't apply to their medical information. Their health information is subject to the privacy provisions of HIPAA, and no one gets this information without the athlete's consent. I can tell you from personal experience that not even the athlete's parents can get this information.

I don't know who killed the thread, but I think the the thread went too far when it speculated about the athlete's medical conditions. And unless the medical information was posted by Kenny or his doctor--it was nothing but speculation.

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Yeah, I'm really Phyllis Arena. You've outed me!

6. ncguy

ncguy New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    NC
    I KNEW IT!!!!

7. M.T. Nets

M.T. Nets New Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Having met Phyliss in the past I must say you are much better looking that I expected based on your posts

8. Courtney

Courtney Member

May 14, 2000
    Massachusetts
    Wow, I dunno where it went. I don't get up early enough for that!

Maybe Joel did it. I will look into it.

9. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    Re: Medical

No one said that it was public info, in fact, until ocre came on no one knew anything about it. So if it is true, then someone released that info to whoever ocre is. Personally, I hope the kid is OK.

HIPAA is not "in full effect" yet. People have until April 14, 2003 to come into compliance with the law. It is going to create absolute havoc with college and pro sports, but that is a different thread.

Whether they have medical problems or not doesn't affect people forming and discussing opinions. That's what we were doing. The medical info just got thrown in there. Also, no where in HIPAA does it discuss speculation. When you only get half the story, true or untrue, you are going to speculate. That's nature.

10. Courtney

Courtney Member

May 14, 2000
    Massachusetts
    Re: Medical

I agree totally, which is why I am not bringing it back from the dead. I had thought about binning it myself, but either Joel or a SuperMod got it before me.

11. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Re: Re: Medical

Gotta agree here. The entire issue of an alleged medical condition is nothing but a red herring, regardless of the player. Jock itch is a medical condition. Anyone who's passed a physical and has been pronounced fit to play at this level can't have a severe enough condition to impact their abilities.

12. texas two-footer

texas two-footer New Member

Oct 14, 2002
    SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PC my a**

kenny arena is no lance armstrong. and whether anyone supports the guy or not, i think some thicker skin could be in order...

ttf