What happened to the Galaxians?

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by scsc2000, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    My name is Sandro, I have been a faithful Galaxian since 1998.
    The Galaxians are still around and will always be around. We are there every single game and we also go to every away game with the Earthquakes.
    As you all know, our numbers have gone down dramatically since our Rose Bowl days. There are many reasons for that.
    Moving to the HDC lowered our numbers.
    One of our founding members, and leader for the first years, Ozzy, left the group due to priorities in his personal life. Ozzy is a very charismatic person, and his departure made our numbers smaller.
    The next leader, Marco, was also a very charismatic leader. He moved to another state. His departure also made our numbers smaller.
    After that, as you may remember, the FO moved us next to the LARS. That was our most difficult year for us, that event is what lowered our numbers the most.
    Our first year in our new section, saw a rise in our numbers. However, the bad economy has forced some of our numbers to follow the games at home. They may not be at the stadium, but they are still Galaxians. We also have other Galaxians who no longer stand with us due to either a preference to the old spot at the Home Depot Center or because of priorities in their personal lives, such as school.
    If you want to come by and say hi, we are in parking lot 13 before and after every game. We are there tailgating and everybody is welcome.
    We are also very happy with our great relationship with the ACB.

Some clarifications:
    Nobody left our group to join the Chivas.
    I was not present at the vegetable incident. If this event happened, I never heard of it.
    Drummer Boy is a very nice guy, but he was never a Galaxian. He was in our section out of his own desire and we were not going force him to find himself a spot elsewhere in the stadium because we don't have the right to do that.
    We are also not stuck in the past. The original Galaxians chose yellow and gold as the colors back in day 1. We feel that football, more than a game, is a lifestyle. A lifestyle heavily dependant on tradition. Just because the FO changes the team's logo or the uniform and colors every 2-3 years, we will not change our signature colors.

Thank you,
    Sandro

2. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3. jeca

jeca New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    passion and cheap is always good!!

4. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good form Sandro. Thanks for speaking up!

5. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I respect your loyalty to the traditional Galaxy colors. I only wish I was old enough to remember every Galaxy season, instead of being five when the Galaxy was formed.

I respect your loyalty to the Galaxy in general Sandro.