What happened to Teamtalk's Chris Bergen?

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by nick, Aug 4, 2002.

1. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been off the net for a few weeks and I go to Teamtalks US coverage and realize its stopped around June 28. What happened to Teamtalk's US section and the man that was providing the coverage. I believe his name was Chris Bergen or something like that.

Did he move to a different site? I did enjoy reading his stuff.

2. kb

kb New Member

Nov 23, 1998
    Boston, MA
    I'm pretty sure he started his own site but I have no idea of the URL Obviously teamtalk isn't going to replace him, which is too bad

3. kbaz

kbaz New Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Oakland
  4. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teamtalk.com laid off approximately 80% of their workforce effective June 30th. Additionally, they have now pulled the plug on their sports talk radio, teamtalk252. As a result, Chris has created his own portal at www.ussocceruk.com. This is a temporary front page/collection point until the site is unveiled here in the latter part of August. He also plans on creating a Internet based sports talk format revolving around MLS and the UK. Stay tuned!

5. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow... old thread. I was just thinking about this guy and decided to do a search. So what happened to ussocceruk.com's Chris Bergen?

6. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    People got tired of him being wrong about stuff, so his audience died and so did his site.

7. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    I talked to him on email probably 18 months ago, he had started a NASA fan site and was focused on that.