What happened last Monday?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by paladius, Apr 15, 2006.

1. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was Red Bull management up to? Doesn't anyone know by now?

2. metrofan89

metrofan89 Member

Jun 13, 2005
  3. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Dont believe all the rumour reports you read.

4. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see, I went to work, had a panini for lunch (that's a grilled sandwich on flatbread, very tasty), probably posted here a few hundred times since I'm still not on a project. Oh, wait, I did walk to the E train at the World Trade Center on my way home.

5. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    whoaaa. i totally had a dream that you had a Panini last Monday. Wieeeerd.

6. muscfiorentina

muscfiorentina New Member

Apr 17, 2002
    Meadowlands Area
    I wrote the original post about that Monday Meeting. I had diner with the guy Saturday Night and didn't post this until after the Lalas news hit because I didn't want to out my friend. But now the shiite has hit the fan as they say. Everyone was called on the carpet at these series of meetings. If the game against D.C. doesn't draw 22,000 + many people in the ticket department will be looking for work. Ticket personnel were told that they need to do a better job they will be given better resources then they had under prior ownership, but they must show results. RBMGT not happy about the treatment the fans got on opening night by the long lines and the yellow shirts ,They (RBMGT) have a meeting with NJSEA officials on Tues to discuss these problems.
    What was interesting is that my friend has worked with the last 2 GM"S and at last Monday's meeting was when Lalas was really called on the carpet.He was asked why Seriuox was aquired then traded and why did they use an SI on Canaro and not play him? Lalas said those moves were made becuase Mo didn't like the way Serioux looked/worked out in pre-season and Canero would start this week-end. What was very telling about this meeting was that Mo wasn't present or spoken to, Lalas acted as his buffer to RBMGT.

My take on Lalas was he saw the writing on the wall and contacted his Buddies at AEG and said he wanted out. I guess this means Mo is really on the hot seat.

Also I asked my friend if Chinglia was at that meeting with Lalas and he said no.It was Beckenbaur(sp) and Other Red Bull execs That I wouldn't have heard of.

7. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Anyone else think it's suspicious that Serioux has turned out to be such a good player and Lalas had him traded to an AEG-owned team three weeks before moving to take the Presidency of another AEG-owned team? Conspiracies abound...

8. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never thought of that. I would think he has too much pride to do that though.

I am a little concerned that Red Bull doesn't have patience for the vagaries of the New York market - it's going to take the whole year to get Red Bull on the map. Even longer if we go through a whole new slew of changes.

9. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Anyone who has been affiliated with this front office can't be that smart. I refuse to believe that.

10. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Intelligence has never been in short supply in the MFO.

Competence has always been in short supply however.

11. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    The only problem with the "writing on the wall theory after the monday meeting" theory is that AEG had named an assistant gm/assistant president I think last week (a clear sign that they were keeping the head spot open for someone) before this monday meeting (I could be way off with the timing and as a result be way wrong).

Even if I am right with the timing it is possible AEG (since they dealt with these RB people face to face) saw the writing on the wall long before this and knew Alexis days were numbered anyway and decided to leave the spot open for him in anticiaption of the inevitable (in which case I would be wrong again).

12. muscfiorentina

Apr 17, 2002
    Meadowlands Area
    This was my2 cents worth I could be wrong also, I just Think Lalas was feeling the heat and wanted to go back to AEG where i think they see him as the golden boy.

13. twelfth man

twelfth man New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Connecticut
    if the weather was going to be nice, with an increased advertising budget, 22K sounds like a stretch but achievable target.

However, as of now, Saturday's weather prediction is rain.

People know they can walk up to get tickets so non-diehard fans often wait to see what the weather is like. Don't expect 22K on Saturday. Current RBFO staff have the cards stacked against them.

14. PALE568

PALE568 Member

Jun 5, 2003
    mind your own.
    I have no idea if Fiorentina's post is accurate but if it is the most encouraging aspect of it, IMO, is the part about Serioux and Canero. It's one thing for the Austrians to say "where are the crowds? put in more energy stations! more glitz! etc" And quite another thing to intelligently question specific player personnel moves. It's a great sign if they're really interested in the nuts and bolts of building a competitive team.

15. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Both have been lacking, if you ask me. The transfers this team has made are evidence of the former; the team's relationship with its fans was evidence of the latter.

16. muscfiorentina

Apr 17, 2002
    Meadowlands Area
    This is not good News I just recieved this email. Remember I Stated that if the RedBulls didn't draw 22k for DCU Heads would roll. It looks like Todd fell on his Sword.
    Email sent Today
    I have left the Red Bulls Organization. Please call 877-RBSOCCER for ticket needs. Thank you all for the opportunity here.

toddhogan@hotmail.com
    925-980-7104

Todd Hogan
    Red Bull New York
    Senior Manager, Ticket Programs
    ( T ) 201-583-7016
    ( F ) 201-583-7055

thogan@newyorkredbulls.com

www.nyredbulls.com.com