What Group Is This?

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by Snarf, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Snarf

Snarf Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Eagle Mountain, UT
    Can someone tell me what supporters group this is? The ones down there with the flags.

And what section that is that they sit in? It's near the north goal on the east side, but I don't know the section number. I'd like to sit with them next year, and become a part of their operation.

[​IMG]

2. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's Section 35. It's not really an official supporters' group per se, but there were enough people in the section who wanted to stand and have flags and the like(including Branden Steineckert, which is probably why the FO was so open to it) that they made it a standing section. There's a handful of people from most of the official SGs in there, and a lot of unaffiliated fans.

3. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that would be the section, that isn't a supporters group, that actually makes more noise than LBR.
    I know that might not sound friendly to you RCB/SCU lads, but it's the truth. That's what your group should be like.

4. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't resist that little dig, could ya?

lurpythepirate and 15 to 32 repped this.
  5. Kale801

Kale801 Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice having them on that side of the stadium. They have a guy that starts the chants and counts it out so they know when to stop. I usually watch them to help get the chant going in our section.

6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They also were the guys running around for the R-S-L chants. They also quasi help run the beer and chili tailgate contests.

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they also have a flag with a size that suggests they are compensating for something...
    seriously though, that flag section 26 had this year was incredible

8. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    13 of the flags are flags that my friends and I have made. You could say that the section is a Royal Army section, but most of us there are not RA. It's a great section that is nearly 100 % STH now and mostly people who understand that we stand, we sing, we swear, and we bring obnoxiously large flags.

We've already got plans and designs for significantly larger flags for next year, and many more of them.

9. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a few friends in that section and tried to get season tickets in there, but the only available was out of my price range. I sat in a friends seat while they were away and it was an amazing atmosphere. Maybe next year when some unknown rich relative dies and makes me a gazillionaire....sigh...I love the American Dream.:thumbsup:

10. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just by way of full disclosure and to play the angel's advocate, if you have delicate sensibilities it's not the place for you. We got tickets for one game on Row 2 last year and it was a lot of fun, but as SALTLAKEJAKE mentioned, be prepared for the swearing, flipping off and yelling nasties at the visiting players.

They seemed like good folks, were very nice to us and put the flags down as soon as play started, but they'll be the last ones to leave the "asshole" out of "you suck, asshole".